Best Restaurants in New Smyrna / Daytona Beach area

BigZiti09

Sheep
My family has vacationed to Daytona Beach for decades. However, we have recently switched over to New Smyrna Beach as our destination. We have found some restaurants in NSB we really like but still feeling our way around.

Any recommendations in the New Smyrna/Ponce Inlet/Daytona Beach area?

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for fun activites/places to visit etc., please share those as well.

My family has vacationed to Daytona Beach for decades. However, we have recently switched over to New Smyrna Beach as our destination. We have found some restaurants in NSB we really like but still feeling our way around.

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for fun activites/places to visit etc., please share those as well.

It's been awhile since I've been there, but there's a place called blackbeards inn that had pretty good food and I believe there's a mini golf course next door if you have kids with you. Also I think there's a place called taco shack that's down the street from that and breakers beach restaurant that has pretty good hamburgers

Last edited:
Shark bite capital of the world. Keep that in mind when going into the water.

Reactions: 1 person
It's been awhile since I've been there, but there's a place called blackbeards inn that had pretty good food and I believe there's a mini golf course next door if you have kids with you. Also I think there's a place called taco shack that's down the street from that and breakers beach restaurant that has pretty good hamburgers

I have not tried taco shack. I'll have to check it out. We went to Breaker's last year for lunch when we first arrived. The place was slammed.

Yep. My brother and I surf fish each year. We usually catch a couple black tip reef sharks.

Here's a shark story from NSB this week.... Video shows sharks surrounding swimmers off New Smyrna Beach | News - Home

Last time I went to hilton head everyone fishing from the beach was catching baby black tips. They were about 1foot long, but the waters were infested with them. I'm guessing there were much bigger sharks in the water as well eating some of the baby sharks.

I have not tried taco shack. I'll have to check it out. We went to Breaker's last year for lunch when we first arrived. The place was slammed.

It's nothing earth shattering, but it's alright tacos if you're in the mood for that

Last time I went to hilton head everyone fishing from the beach was catching baby black tips. They were about 1foot long, but the waters were infested with them. I'm guessing there were much bigger sharks in the water as well eating some of the baby sharks.

We've caught several of those. They are surprisingly weak. I caught one last year that was on my line for a while and I never realized it. Reeled it in to check my bait and he was there.

Aunt Catfish on the river dunlawton across us1. Great brunch, Pats on the river at the marina between the river and A1A it's where the locals go..killa breakfast and lunch. Booths Bowery corner of Nova road and Reed Canal best hot wings in port orange.

Seafood: Our Deck Down Under

Dinner: Monterey Grill (on Dunlawton)

Casual: Tia Cori's Tacos

Misc: get some smoked fish dip...that stuff is awesome and addictive. You can get it at most places they sell fresh fish (one Down Under for sure)

Seafood: Our Deck Down Under

Dinner: Monterey Grill (on Dunlawton)

Casual: Tia Cori's Tacos

Misc: get some smoked fish dip...that stuff is awesome and addictive. You can get it at most places they sell fresh fish (one Down Under for sure)

I haven't tried any of those places. Will give them a look this year.

As to the fish dip, we usually stop at Ocean's seafood on our way in and get some. By the way, Ocean's IMO is the best deal for crab legs I've found.

I haven't tried any of those places. Will give them a look this year.

As to the fish dip, we usually stop at Ocean's seafood on our way in and get some. By the way, Ocean's IMO is the best deal for crab legs I've found.

Hope you find some good eats while you're down there.

Hull's seafood is another place I couldn't remember yesterday.

I've driven by this place 100 times on my way to inlet harbor and down the hatch but never ate there. Anyone ever tried Boondocks in Port Orange? Boondocks Home

I've driven by this place 100 times on my way to inlet harbor and down the hatch but never ate there. Anyone ever tried Boondocks in Port Orange? Boondocks Home

Ziti...when you have time, can you come back to this thread and post what was good (and what was bad / not so good) if you don't mind sharing.

I'll be down that way in August - TIA

Ziti...when you have time, can you come back to this thread and post what was good (and what was bad / not so good) if you don't mind sharing.

I'll be down that way in August - TIA

Sure thing. Bump it a couple weeks before you go. I think we'll give it a go. Always like to try a new place or two if possible.

I'm in New Smyrna this week and next. There's a new restaurant here called "Outriggers". We're going to try it and I'll report back.

I've been coming to New Smyrna since '83 and have tried about all of them. Here's a list of some of our favorites:

Boston's
Black Beards
Norwoods
The Garlic
Inlet Harbor

A little further south, Titusville, Dixie Crossroads.

Well Outriggers was good. I had the blackened grouper and it was very good, obviously fresh. Besides the grouper, they had mahi, wahoo, and a fish I'd never heard of before, "big eye". The sides eere the weakest part of the meal, sort of bland and boring. Service was outstanding and the restaurant was new and beautiful. They had an outside, covered tiki bar that looked inviting but I didn't have the opportunity to partake. All and all I'd go back and probably will.

My favorite is Our Deck Down Under. We usually his it up a couple times, Aunt Catfish, Guessepie's pizza, and Miller Ale House. Although chain, Miller Ale House has an awesome deal on fried shrimp.

Another vote for Aunt Catfish. The only negative is there always seems to be a wait.

Well Outriggers was good. I had the blackened grouper and it was very good, obviously fresh. Besides the grouper, they had mahi, wahoo, and a fish I'd never heard of before, "big eye". The sides eere the weakest part of the meal, sort of bland and boring. Service was outstanding and the restaurant was new and beautiful. They had an outside, covered tiki bar that looked inviting but I didn't have the opportunity to partake. All and all I'd go back and probably will.

How was the pricing?

VN Store

Back