Groupon

amazingGRACE

Has anybody ever used this to book a trip/vacation? I've been looking recently & some of these deals just seem too good to be true.

Like a 3 or 5 night stay for two at a Dominican resort for $799 including airfare. Or a 3 or 5 night stay in St. Maarten for $289/$329. Just seems crazy to me.

I've experienced the same trepidation and have yet to purchase any vacations on groupon. Interested to see feedback myself

I've only bought little stuff off groupon. I don't trust it enough to buy a vacation package.

Has anybody ever used this to book a trip/vacation? I've been looking recently & some of these deals just seem too good to be true.

Like a 3 or 5 night stay for two at a Dominican resort for $799 including airfare. Or a 3 or 5 night stay in St. Maarten for $289/$329. Just seems crazy to me.

I never have but I know several people that have. My sister in law just did for the first time and she said she had no problem at all. She got a really great deal on a hotel in Myrtle Beach.

Based on double occupancy?

I haven't had any issues with the things I've bought, mostly knick knacks, meals, tickets. Most of the vacations seem to be off season or mid-week, where they would prefer to fill rooms at a heavy discount rather than leave them empty.

Groupon is a big enough entity to where if there any nefarious intent with the vacation booking I'm sure it'd be publicized by now.

I booked my Costa Rica vacation with groupon. Everything went great. I had no problems what so ever.

This thread now has me looking to go away for a few nights. There's some badass places if you can get away Wednesday- Friday

Ah okay..I didn't know if it meant total for 2 people or not. Makes sense.

This isn't entirely true. Some of the vacations you see are booked for 2 people. You'll find hotels that may be 125 bucks a night. If you read the fine detail it states 62.50 per person. So some of the prices you see are for two people.

This thread now has me looking to go away for a few nights. There's some badass places if you can get away Wednesday- Friday

No joke. If the places are anything like the pictures (not sure why they would be different) they look incredible.

My schedule is pretty open since I'm not moving back to school until September. My problem is finding somebody to go with me Lol.

This isn't entirely true. Some of the vacations you see are booked for 2 people. You'll find hotels that may be 125 bucks a night. If you read the fine detail it states 62.50 per person. So some of the prices you see are for two people.

Well obviously, the room will be split between the two people, but tickets for travel, food and excursions are priced per person. The sum total of all costs is just cut in half, thus the "based on double occupancy" label.

So would that be a good deal?

For me personally, not really. I really don't prefer to do all inclusives or cruises. But I suppose it is about average cost for 2 people. But by no means a "blow me away" deal.

But then again, you have some people that just drool all over themselves over some of these Sandals resorts and those, in my opinion, are the biggest ripoffs in the history of mankind.

I just went on travelocity to price a 2 person, 7 day vacation (ATL to PUJ flight) the week before July 4th and got all inclusives starting at $879 on up to about $1300/person. If you wait until the Wednesday after Labor Day, you start to get several that are under $899 for 7 days.

Obviously, it depends on when you want to go and what days you fly out and return.

Groupon is legit. You don't turn down a $6B offer from Google if you arent running a legit business...nor does that offer get made if its not legit.

But, they arent exactly the only deal in town. There deals lots of places. They happen to get an incredible anount of traffic.

I don't understand how you redeem deals on food at restaurants. Do you just print off a voucher or something?

We have bought and used many Groupons, but only for restaurants thus far.

VN Store

Back