He's alive

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/embed/i8yQ1I4Wofc[/youtube]

Luke 24:1-8
24 On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. 2 They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, 3 but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. 5 In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6 He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 7 ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ” 8 Then they remembered his words.

Reactions: 8 people
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/embed/i8yQ1I4Wofc[/youtube]

Luke 24:1-8
24 On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. 2 They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, 3 but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. 5 In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6 He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 7 ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ” 8 Then they remembered his words.

:good!:

Happy zombie Jesus day. :)

Just playing. Happy Easter to all of you. Hope you get to spend some time with your families and loved ones.

If Jesus is alive, send him to my place so I can meet him and become a believer..because I dont believe in things I can't see.

You have to invite him yourself. And he always accepts the invitation.

I did, nothing happened. . And once I seen an innocent little girl struggle with a life threatening disease, and other kids with the same disease. I lost all belief. How can a god, do that to sweet innocent children and their families.

Reactions: 1 person
I did, nothing happened. . And once I seen an innocent little girl struggle with a life threatening disease, and other kids with the same disease. I lost all belief. How can a god, do that to sweet innocent children and their families.

He doesn't show up at your door. He comes into your heart.

If you ever want to talk, email me. I've found discussions here sometimes get a little sidetracked. But I'd love to have a conversation with you if you want to.

I hope you've had a wonderful day however you chose to spend it Red.

That had to be awful. My answer is . . . I don't know and I have no expectation that I'll ever fully understand it either.

The ironic thing though, is that I think the discouraging example you used may in fact reveal the greatest comfort of the Easter message. Jesus matter of factly tells us that there will be suffering in this world (as evidenced by his torture and execution). But he goes on to tell us to be brave because he has conquered the world (as evidenced by his resurrection). In other words, the suffering that you and I don't understand is no longer the end because it has been defeated . . . and that's why I don't care who the next basketball coach is at Tennessee and I've had a smile on my face all day. :)

Probably not the best answer, and I wouldn't presume to be able to provide you comfort after a tragedy like that. I just hope you're able to move past it the best you can.

ARF: God did not create evil and suffering. He saw everything that He created, and it was GOOD. However, he gave man free will, with the capacity to love willingly, and with that came choices.

We suck at choices.

So, we got what we got. Pain, alienation, hunger, death...all on us.

Good news: He loves us anyway. If you are fortunate enough to have kids, you will understand this better. He is our Father, and nothing we do will ever separate us from that.

The really good news: He loves us more than our human bodies are capable. So, he sent his Son to pay our debt. He allowed Him to take on ALL of our sin to reconcile us.

The really, really good news: All we have to do is accept the gift, believe, and try our best to walk in the light He has provided. We will fail, but He already knew that. See the above.

It really is that simple.

Trust me, I've seen terrible things and had trouble understanding why this world is so full of tragedy. I've been to (live at) the point where I can't imagine God caring about me. But He does. And He loves you too.

All you have to do is open the door. He is there, and He will welcome you. God bless...

KD

Reactions: 2 people

Because ultimately, it's not about this world. If everything was fair and right because God made it that way, we wouldn't need faith (let's not pull at that thread right now). On the other point, Jesus tells Thomas after he refuses to believe that he has seen Jesus raised from the dead, He proves Himself. Then He tells Thomas "stop doubting and believe...Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed"

I want the blessing.

Red, as my preacher always says, I may not have an answer for you, but the word of God does. Honestly..any question that you have, look it up in the bible.

2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight

Literally one of the simplest, yet truest things I've ever read.

Hope you figure out what you're wanting to know/looking for bud. Our God is real & he's awesome.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back