Galaxy S5

milohimself

RIP CITY
Is quite nice. Just changed to one from iPhone 5S. Already realizing how much I've missed all the little tweaks you can make, and Swype. Google keyboard is a superior product.

I checked one out in BBY earlier today. I really digged it. Haven't had an Android phone since the S3. Planning on upgrading my iP5 to the S5 or Note 4 in September.

Is quite nice. Just changed to one from iPhone 5S. Already realizing how much I've missed all the little tweaks you can make, and Swype. Google keyboard is a superior product.

I did the same and love the Samsung. Plus you can actually add SD memory and change the battery if it's ever needed!

Plus, the screen resolution is amazing.

I am enjoying the S5. Nothing revolutionary, but appears to be a solid, polished product.

I'm happy with the upgrade. Might get a Note 4 if it's the beast it's projected to be, but for now I'm good with the S5.

I am enjoying the S5. Nothing revolutionary, but appears to be a solid, polished product.

I'm happy with the upgrade. Might get a Note 4 if it's the beast it's projected to be, but for now I'm good with the S5.

I'm getting the same vibe. Nothing crazy over the s4, but a solid upgrade. I found a worthy replacement for my podcast app so I'm happy

Used to be a fan of the Galaxy S line of phones until they gradually got bigger and bigger to the point of being completely ridiculous. I don't know when or if Samsung will ever get the idea that the size of any of the newer Galaxy S series of phones is a complete turn off. Nobody want's to carry around a virtual touch pad sized phone in their pocket. Perhaps their targeted market are women who throw their phone in their purse where phone size doesn't matter.

Used to be a fan of the Galaxy S line of phones until they gradually got bigger and bigger to the point of being completely ridiculous. I don't know when or if Samsung will ever get the idea that the size of any of the newer Galaxy S series of phones is a complete turn off. Nobody want's to carry around a virtual touch pad sized phone in their pocket. Perhaps their targeted market are women who throw their phone in their purse where phone size doesn't matter.
Are you sure you're not talking about the Note?

Or guys that don't wear skinny jeans maybe? I have the Galaxy S4 and it's about the perfect size.

I'm getting the same vibe. Nothing crazy over the s4, but a solid upgrade. I found a worthy replacement for my podcast app so I'm happy

What did you use for podcasts before and what did you find as replacement? TIA...

Nobody??? Speaking for a ton of people who purchased and love the note

Reactions: 1 person
My upgrade is coming in August, will either go back to android with the GS5 or the new note........when does the new note come out?

What did you use for podcasts before and what did you find as replacement? TIA...

I've been using BeyondPod for the last year or so. Suits my needs but those are pretty simple. Controls to pause and skip on the lock screen is included.

Note 3 was released Oct. in the States. I think the Note 2 was late Sept or Oct. as well. So, I'd say late Sept.for the 4.

Last edited:

It's actually the opposite. On the whole, 5 inch screens are more popular than four inch screens. My friends that work for Apple all say the number one question is if the iPhone 6 will be the same size as the galaxy S phones.

I do own skinny jeans, and the size of the phone has not been a problem.

On the iPhone, I just used the apple app. I'm currently using iPP podcasts. The interface isn't as slick, but it's far more stable.

24 hours in, I'd say that this version of touch wiz is actually as aesthetically pleasing as iOS. And I've hated touch wiz prior to this.

I'm eligible to upgrade at the beginning of May. I've been with Nokia's Lumia series for a few years and have really enjoyed them. I plan to get a brand new Lumia device once 8.1 launches, and if it's not good enough, return it within the first 30 days and switch over to the S5.

Are you sure you're not talking about the Note?

Positive!
maxresdefault.jpg

Or guys that don't wear skinny jeans maybe? I have the Galaxy S4 and it's about the perfect size.

I don't wear skinny jeans. I mostly wear cargo type shorts. I've actually got a Samsung Mesmerize AKA Galaxy S1 (I know completely ancient phone but I don't care)
Size wise it's as big of a phone I'd ever want.

A few years ago I had a friend(female) pull out an S3 and I literally said, "good Lord that's a huge phone!" These larger phones seem to be aimed at people wanting to watch videos on some sort of regular basis.

Nobody??? Speaking for a ton of people who purchased and love the note

I exaggerate obviously.

Last edited:
I've been using BeyondPod for the last year or so. Suits my needs but those are pretty simple. Controls to pause and skip on the lock screen is included.

Note 3 was released Oct. in the States. I think the Note 2 was late Sept or Oct. as well. So, I'd say late Sept.for the 4.

I'm definitely keeping an eye on the Note 4. And BeyondPod is also what I use. Never had any issues with it.

Much appreciated!

I've had mine for a couple hours and love it. Then again, I'm coming from an iPhone 3s with a cracked screen.

For anyone looking to get the S5, or for those that already have and could maybe take advantage of price matching, Target has an excellent deal going right now. It may depend on the model of phone you would have to trade in, but as I understand it, as long as your phone is listed in their Trade-in catalog, regardless of it's stated value, they'll give you a minimum $100 towards the purchase of your new S5. If you do this in store, you pay the full $199 and they give you a $100 Target card on the spot.

I've toyed with switching to a Galaxy in the past. I like the iphone (have a 5) and I also have a mac and ipad as well, so I am an "apple" guy...but I also like new and shiny, so sometimes you think the grass is always greener...

I have owned 2 iMac's and will never own another PVC, but I prefer the Galaxy S over iPhones.

VN Store

Back