Galaxy S4

RockyTop411

I ordered to S4 for an upgrade (I know, the S5 is coming out soon but this was pretty cheap) and I've had the iPhone 4/4S for 2 and a half years... anyone transition from the iPhone to the S4? How is it? :hi:

I have a Note 2 which I use along side my iPhone 5s. It's similar to the s4. I'm more and more impressed with Android. Google Now continues to improve and voice recognition is better than Siri---for me personally at least.

I use Nova launcher to manage my home screens.

The options Android offers are endless, which is nice if your in to that type of thing.

I have a Note 2 which I use along side my iPhone 5s. It's similar to the s4. I'm more and more impressed with Android. Google Now continues to improve and voice recognition is better than Siri---for me personally at least.

The options Android offers are endless, which is nice if your in to that type of thing.

How do you like Nova launcher? I use Go Launcher Ex on all my devices and i like it.

Gotcha. I think my father plans to get the Note 3. I saw where it has a 5.7" screen which blows my mind.

I've never had an Apple product but i have the Galaxy S4 and love it.

I think I'll like it. Does it have any negatives? Slow, freeze up, messages take awhile, etc?

Also, what is the Nova Launcher, Freak?

Gotcha. I think my father plans to get the Note 3. I saw where it has a 5.7" screen which blows my mind.

I think I'll like it. Does it have any negatives? Slow, freeze up, messages take awhile, etc?

Also, what is the Nova Launcher, Freak?

Every once in a while my browser will freeze, I'll just open a task killer and kill it and it'll work fine.

Nova and other Launchers are just alternative "homes" for the phone. You can download different skins and themes for them if that's your thing.

I had a IPhone 4 and got a S3. Not sure why anyone would buy an iphone. The galaxy's are much nicer imo.

The iPhone is rock solid and some people prefer the Apple ecosystem. I think, for some, Iphones are easier to operate.

I prefer the brighter screen of the iPhone but get bored with lack of customization options.

The iPhone is rock solid and some people prefer the Apple ecosystem. I think, for some, Iphones are easier to operate.

I prefer the brighter screen of the iPhone but get bored with lack of customization options.

not sure id say rock solid. i use an S4, have owned an S3, and have used S5. they are damn good phones. its simply operator error if anyone is having issues. my iphone 5 has had some issues.

top to bottom. i like everythint about the samsung. The S5 is literally the nicest phone ive ever seen, ever. thats a bold statement. screen is georgeous. 16 mp camera, 1080p, quad core 2.5, 16 onboard, exp 128gb, kit-kat, 2 ram. super amoled. big screen. its sweet. lack of having to jailbreak.

i do however have one knock of androids vs iphone. the usability of the iphone most customers state is why they stay. while the specs arent as sharp it is more user friendly. imessage is still a hit. what will iphone 6 bring? it better be mega. even with my iphone having no lock button, bad battery life, and small screen i stay with apple. i do agree bc apple has built a reputation as making 'rock solid' phones. i tell ya. apple better step it up with iphone 6. a lot of apple users are headed to android. funny thing is, they dont usually go back.

Last edited:
The battery in the iPhone should be much better than it is. My new Droid has probably twice the battery life of the Apple competitor.

I plan to upgrade to the S5 when my contract runs out. I currently have the iPhone 5. Looking forward to the change. But I'll keep my 5 if I ever wanna switch back.

I'm buying the S5 after it gets to the market. Price will begin to drop soon after. Already Verizon is running BOGO on it at $199 with a 2 year contract.

not sure id say rock solid. i use an S4, have owned an S3, and have used S5. they are damn good phones. its simply operator error if anyone is having issues. my iphone 5 has had some issues.

top to bottom. i like everythint about the samsung. The S5 is literally the nicest phone ive ever seen, ever. thats a bold statement. screen is georgeous. 16 mp camera, 1080p, quad core 2.5, 16 onboard, exp 128gb, kit-kat, 2 ram. super amoled. big screen. its sweet. lack of having to jailbreak.

i do however have one knock of androids vs iphone. the usability of the iphone most customers state is why they stay. while the specs arent as sharp it is more user friendly. imessage is still a hit. what will iphone 6 bring? it better be mega. even with my iphone having no lock button, bad battery life, and small screen i stay with apple. i do agree bc apple has built a reputation as making 'rock solid' phones. i tell ya. apple better step it up with iphone 6. a lot of apple users are headed to android. funny thing is, they dont usually go back.
I think Apple can get away with lessor specs and still outperform Android because iOS doesn't have to run on multiple hardware configurations from multiple manufacturers.

I still prefer the ipad over all others as well as the Mac computers, but iPhone definitely isn't the only game in town as it once was. There are several Android phones which are just as good or better.

You know more mega pixels is just a marketing gimmick right? Unless you are planning on blowing a picture up over to 30x30 or cropping down to a smal corner, once you get over 3 mpx the lens becomes more important than the # of mega pixels.

Not saying the Galaxy phones have bad cameras. Ive seen plenty of comparison reviews with iphone and its generally pretty close depending on the lighting. My point is that a 16 mpx camera doesnt mean its better than 8 mpx.

Which of these fancy hot shot phones has the best camera? I've been peer pressured towards a Nexus or something. I liked the Galaxy and thought about getting the S5. Which Android has the best camera? I know it's not the iPhone. My iPhone 4 has such a ****ty camera.

Which of these fancy hot shot phones has the best camera? I've been peer pressured towards a Nexus or something. I liked the Galaxy and thought about getting the S5. Which Android has the best camera? I know it's not the iPhone. My iPhone 4 has such a ****ty camera.

I have a S3 and my wife has a Droid Ultra. The Ultra camera is far superior to the S3 camera. I actually like the Droid Ultra better overall.

Just FYI: The Nexus 5 is a great phone but the biggest knock it gets is for the camera. It's just not as good as some others.

HTC M8 and S5 are probably the best cameras. Just do a search for camera shootouts. Some good sites will have have detailed comparisons. Nothing is perfect.

Is the Note something that could be reasonably carried as a primary phone? I love the screen real estate

VN Store

Back