Besides sex, the one moment in your life that you would like to relive anew..

I put my tee shot into some trees. Layed up, just to get out of the trees and had a blind third shot from 90 yards out. My buddy got to the green in two. I holed out for birdie and my friend had already pulled the ball out and everything before I even walked up. Said he didn't know I couldn't see the hole. I could hear him cheering while I walked up, so I just thought I had it close. Would love to relive that moment so I could see the ball in the hole. Never had a hole in one and I've knocked some in from a little closer, but that's the furthest out I've ever holed out and I didn't get to really relish any of it!

Reactions: 1 person
I put my tee shot into some trees. Layed up, just to get out of the trees and had a blind third shot from 90 yards out. My buddy got to the green in two. I holed out for birdie and my friend had already pulled the ball out and everything before I even walked up. Said he didn't know I couldn't see the hole. I could hear him cheering while I walked up, so I just thought I had it close. Would love to relive that moment so I could see the ball in the hole. Never had a hole in one and I've knocked some in from a little closer, but that's the furthest out I've ever holed out and I didn't get to really relish any of it!

Cool.
Golf confuses me but good on you.

When I received my first skateboard. I felt like I finally knew my purpose in life.

I've had 2 hole in ones, and didn't get to see either one of them in the hole, it does suck.

I wish that i could go back and appreciate the very first moment I ever heard Floyd or Zep.

The days my sons were born
First game in Neyland ('93 LSU)
First time I heard the cars coming down the front stretch at the Indy 500 (gave me chills then and still does)
I am sure there are more... just have to think of them.

The greatest day of my life and the best decision I have ever made was when I made my way to an alter at a little country church 43 years ago and God saved my soul. I made my way down to the alter with a heavy burden when I came up that burden was llifted. It is a feeling only those thay has been saved can relate to. I pray that everyone that reads this may one day enjoy that same feeling. I haven't lived a Christian life every day since then but I do know I am saved and Heaven will be my home one day. To this day I know the very spot I was saved, I will never forget it. May God bless each and every one of you.

Reactions: 16 people
day I graduated HS. Went out to dinner after and both my grandmothers were there along with my great-grandmother. I miss them all

either that or the day I packed up my stuff and began the long drive from TN to AZ. Never been more scared and excited in my life

Reactions: 1 person
The greatest day of my life and the best decision I have ever made was when I made my way to an alter at a little country church 43 years ago and God saved my soul. I made my way down to the alter with a heavy burden when I came up that burden was llifted. It is a feeling only those thay has been saved can relate to. I pray that everyone that reads this may one day enjoy that same feeling. I haven't lived a Christian life every day since then but I do know I am saved and Heaven will be my home one day. To this day I know the very spot I was saved, I will never forget it. May God bless each and every one of you.

Respect but I don't want this getting derailed with religion if that's cool with everyone else?

The day my girlfriend caught her first trout. A beautiful brookie that was far bigger than any brook I've ever caught. As much as I like catching fish, it is always more enjoyable for me to see her catching them. Hell of a fishing buddy

Sitting on top of Mt Yonah after a day of learning how to climb, sun broke through the clouds and the RIs were out of ear shot for the moment.

Wheels down on US soil in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005.

Jump #20, 3 months after I tore my PCL.

Oh, of course the kids...
03JULY1987
08DEC1988
20SEP1997
And 10AUG2001 (At the Magistrates Office in Jo'burg when she charged us to care for the treasure of South Africa)

I was a decent football player in HS, but because of my size and (lack of) speed, I spent the majority of my career at Defensive Tackle and Center (Offensive Tackle my senior year).

My junior year, the stars aligned and I played Middle Linebacker the last half of the year. I was pretty solid against the run, but was just a step or two slow to be good against the pass.

Anyway, I played for a horribad HS football team. My Junior and Senior years combined we won exactly one game. (There were some close ones in there). The game we won was against our biggest rival my Junior year. We beat them in double overtime.

During that game, they had the ball at about our 20 and it was 4th and 1. They decided to take it up the gut and I was at middle linebacker. I saw the hole open up in front of me and I met the running back in the hole with probably the best pure hit I ever laid on anyone in football. I destroyed the guy. We got the ball on downs and eventually won the game. The way we celebrated, you would have thought we had won state.

A couple of years later, my cousin who went to that rival school and I were hanging out and we met up with a guy who was an assistant coach for that team. (they were a few years older than me). He said that when the team watched that game film their coaching staff replayed it several times as an illustration of how you tackle.

Reactions: 2 people
Life passes you by before you know it. The day will come when the things you take most for granted will become the most cherished.

I was a decent football player in HS, but because of my size and (lack of) speed, I spent the majority of my career at Defensive Tackle and Center (Offensive Tackle my senior year).

My junior year, the stars aligned and I played Middle Linebacker the last half of the year. I was pretty solid against the run, but was just a step or two slow to be good against the pass.

Anyway, I played for a horribad HS football team. My Junior and Senior years combined we won exactly one game. (There were some close ones in there). The game we won was against our biggest rival my Junior year. We beat them in double overtime.

During that game, they had the ball at about our 20 and it was 4th and 1. They decided to take it up the gut and I was at middle linebacker. I saw the hole open up in front of me and I met the running back in the hole with probably the best pure hit I ever laid on anyone in football. I destroyed the guy. We got the ball on downs and eventually won the game. The way we celebrated, you would have thought we had won state.

A couple of years later, my cousin who went to that rival school and I were hanging out and we met up with a guy who was an assistant coach for that team. (they were a few years older than me). He said that when the team watched that game film their coaching staff replayed it several times as an illustration of how you tackle.

That is awesome. Things like this make all of the BS of life worthwhile.

Walking out underneath the stands of Neyland in full band uniform for the first time ever. The sheer size and volume was amazing and terrifying at the same time. I may have played three notes because the anxiety was a 300 lb weight on my chest during pregame.

VN Store

Back