BASE jump off the Freedom Tower

Made me nervous just watching.

Two things though: where was security? Other thing is what's up with no traffic in NYC?

Made me nervous just watching.

Two things though: where was security? Other thing is what's up with no traffic in NYC?

These guys are being prosecuted now, apparently. Their attorney is arguing that there was no security anywhere in sight on the night this occurred. Still though, they trespassed...

I like how the guy lands in the road and says something like "oh sh**" and quickly runs out of a cars way. Yeah genius, what did you expect to happen landing in the road? Lol. If he had swooped down before it was too late to make a turn and a car didn't see him then he is SOL. It's not like a car would be looking for a flying person in the middle of the night lol.

I'm deathly afraid of heights and that initial POV fall before the chute opened gave me the willies.

I like how the guy lands in the road and says something like "oh sh**" and quickly runs out of a cars way. Yeah genius, what did you expect to happen landing in the road? Lol. If he had swooped down before it was too late to make a turn and a car didn't see him then he is SOL. It's not like a car would be looking for a flying person in the middle of the night lol.

It wasn't the car, his chute was about to get hung up on the traffic light, plus he needed to get out of sight.

Reactions: 1 person
This looks like it would be the coolest feeling on earth lol.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W36TWiSKaI[/youtube]

I was under the impression that the most secure building in America is the Pentagon for starters.

These guys got charged with burglary and reckless endangerment. What exactly did they steal? Shouldn't they have been charged with breaking and entering instead?

I was under the impression that the most secure building in America is the Pentagon for starters.

These guys got charged with burglary and reckless endangerment. What exactly did they steal? Shouldn't they have been charged with breaking and entering instead?

I'm not sure who they endangered other than themselves, either, and as far as I know putting yourself in danger isn't against the law...

I'm not sure who they endangered other than themselves, either, and as far as I know putting yourself in danger isn't against the law...

The NY Penal Code codifies Reckless Endangerment in §120.20 in the second degree and §120.25 in the first degree for injuries to persons and 145.25 for risk to damage to property. One of the most important elements in these charges is not that necessarily damage or injury happened, but that there was potential for substantial injury or damage to occur by the defendant's actions.
Endangerment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

VN Store

Back