Royal Caribbean vs. Carnival Cruise

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Carnival is soooo much cheaper but it seems like Royal Carribean is much nicer. Anyone have any experience with either? My wife and I are trying to decide.

Carnival is soooo much cheaper but it seems like Royal Carribean is much nicer. Anyone have any experience with either? My wife and I are trying to decide.
Royal Carribean . They are both nice and been on lots with them and one Carnival. You will spend more on the boat than that price tag difference anyway.
Also the recent news about Carnival is another reason. Plus Royal has better newer ships.

I've been on Carnival 4 times and have a fine time each trip. Going again in Feb.

Twice on Royal.

Ships are comparable if its the latest updates to the Carnival ship. I think Royal has a little more going for families with kids under around 12.

Royal Carribean . They are both nice and been on lots with them and one Carnival. You will spend more on the boat than that price tag difference anyway.
Also the recent news about Carnival is another reason. Plus Royal has better newer ships.

We're looking at a difference of about $800 for Carnival and $1300 for RC. You think it's worth it to go RC?

Carnival = WalMart

RC = Target

both good for what they are just know what you're getting with both

I was on the RC Epic. AWESOME ship.

My parents have been on both and said RC was better. Just my :twocents:

Just me and my wife.

We looked at Carnival Fascination and Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas.

Between those two, the Royal ship will be a bit nicer. The Fascination has some years on it, it was refit in 2010 (and a small one last year) I think, but there are certain things it will lack compared to the Royal boat. As 'just' a couple traveling it probably wouldn't be all that big deal...

If it were one of the newer class of Carnival ships I'd say save the money and go with them, but given that choice I'd probably go Royal.

There would probably be fewer kids on the Carnival ship if that's something that concerns you.

Between those two, the Royal ship will be a bit nicer. The Fascination has some years on it, it was refit in 2010 (and a small one last year) I think, but there are certain things it will lack compared to the Royal boat. As 'just' a couple traveling it probably wouldn't be all that big deal...

If it were one of the newer class of Carnival ships I'd say save the money and go with them, but given that choice I'd probably go Royal.

There would probably be fewer kids on the Carnival ship if that's something that concerns you.

This is a good synopsis. Been on several. Carnival's larger boats are just fine. They only go on the longer cruises though it seems. RC seems to like to nickel and dime you more IMO. But if you want to research yourself go to cruisecritic.com. search for the name of the boat + review + picture. I find the reviews on there where people have posted pictures of their events most worthwhile, but are tons more without pictures too.

Yankee I think the Epic is a Norwegian cruise line ship.

Chatt, Carnival is cheaper but so is the qaulity of the food, their help, ect. If your going with RC I would look at Princess Cruises as the prices are close. Got engaged in 2010 in front

of 3000 people during the Champagne Waterfall on formal night on the Emerald Princess. Since then I have been on Carnival and RC and will never cruise on anything but Princess!

This all depends on what port your going out of as princess only operates out of a few ports. Happy cruising! This your alls first cruise?

Yankee I think the Epic is a Norwegian cruise line ship.

Chatt, Carnival is cheaper but so is the qaulity of the food, their help, ect. If your going with RC I would look at Princess Cruises as the prices are close. Got engaged in 2010 in front

of 3000 people during the Champagne Waterfall on formal night on the Emerald Princess. Since then I have been on Carnival and RC and will never cruise on anything but Princess!

This all depends on what port your going out of as princess only operates out of a few ports. Happy cruising! This your alls first cruise?

Yes sir it is. Gotta be honest I've never heard of Princess Cruises. I'm going to google them right now.

Remember "The Love Boat" show that started in the late 70's? I think that was Princess's first cruise ship.

Take you all plenty of the non-drowsy dramamine as the seas can get rough. I tried the scopalamine patch behind the ear before my first cruise and it made me feel drunk and I hadnt even got on the boat yet.

I second Cruise Critic. There isn't a question you can think of that hasn't already been answered. You can also find out things about the ships, ports, etc that you won't read anywhere else.

The website is very good and u can compare prices for alot of sites but reviews for any cruise line you can take with a grain of salt. Its the same as if your reading a chevy guy review a ford. Just do your homework and you will be fine.

Something I can tell you for sure, if you like to have some drinks you need to take plenty of money. Five budlights in a bucket of ice was $21.75!

Can anyone who's done Royal Caribbean tell me if I can bring cokes on board?

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

Somewhat contradictory.

Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard - Royal Caribbean International

I would recommend the soda card if you drink several a day.
What is the Fountain Soda Package - Royal Caribbean International

When we went Carnival we bought the kids a soda package.i think we bought them at 20 a piece which included a sticker you put on your door key card and a souvenier cup and was unlimited.

Not sure about RC as we didnt take any sodas with us. I did find there alcohol policy which is fairly the same on any cruise line besides the corkage fee if you want it at dinner.

Royal Caribbean
You are NOT allowed to bring on Liquor or Beer. However you are allowed to bring on one bottle (750ml)
per person and a maximum of 2 per cabin of wine or champagne. Alcohol must be packed in your carry-on.

Any Wine or Champagne consumed in the dining room will be charged a $25 corkage fee.

Any Alcohol purchased at port of call or on ship will be stored by cruise ship and retained
until the last night of cruise.*

Any idea how much a soda card is?

Q: What is the fountain soda package?

A: The fountain soda package entitles you to unlimited refills at any of our bars or lounges, Windjammer Café, Main Dining Room and our private destinations. A complimentary Coca-Cola® souvenir cup is included as part of every fountain soda package. The cost of a fountain soda package is determined by the length of your stay, with an average daily cost of $6.50 for adults and $4.50 for children* plus gratuity. (*Child prices available for kids under 18.) The fountain soda package is sold for the entire length of the cruise vacation only. Only fountain soda is offered with the soda packages. The mini bar sodas are not included in the package and carry a separate charge.

Enjoy savings off the onboard price by pre-purchasing online.

VN Store

Back