Lawn mowing service in Knoxville

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Anyone know of a good, reasonably priced one? I had one but he wouldn't do it unless I set up with weekly recurring mows at $45 a week so I cancelled with him. We just bought the house and don't have a mower yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a lawn service i do on the side. Where are you located in Knoxville, I might could help you out.

Off Western Ave. My road is John May Drive. I have about 2/3 of an acre of land. Just need it mowed.

Ive got one at the other end of the state..
I only do my Church 32 acres

Yall need to give a email and get er done

Not too far from me. Was the grass super high or something? $45 and requiring a weekly contract seems a little steep.

No the grass wasn't bad at all. He charged $75 for the initial cut, and I thought that was way high but he was in my driveway and I had the money so I just did it. He said it would be $45 a cut from then on. I thought that was manageable. What I didn't realize is the only way to get the $45 rate is if I get it done every week. If it goes past a week it's $75 again. So obviously I cancelled with him.

No the grass wasn't bad at all. He charged $75 for the initial cut, and I thought that was way high but he was in my driveway and I had the money so I just did it. He said it would be $45 a cut from then on. I thought that was manageable. What I didn't realize is the only way to get the $45 rate is if I get it done every week. If it goes past a week it's $75 again. So obviously I cancelled with him.

You're only about 3 miles from my house. I can do it this afternoon if you'd like me to.

$45 for 2/3 of an acre is cheap...and I'm as tight as they come...

I pay $70 for a .4 acre for my place in town

That includes weed eating and edging...

if my 30 something former Arizona State cheerleader neighbor is working in her flower garden he pays me the $70...

Last edited:
I don't yards for the public anymore now when I'm at my church mowing people sometimes stop and ask me to come give a price on their yard.
I don't do it unless she is a hottie showing some skin and gaping those legs.
Then I might go look at it, the yard that is.

I now give them #'s to a good black friend of mine at work who I got started mowing.
He now has 52 yards a week he mows plus working here. Years ago I bought him his first used $300 Snapper. Now he got a high dollar Ex Mark.. He my buddy, been for 25 years

Now when I was mowing for the public I did not even unload my $14,000 Kubota unless it was at least a $75, and that was a small yard.

I don't yards for the public anymore now when I'm at my church mowing people sometimes stop and ask me to come give a price on their yard.

I now give them #'s to a good black friend of mine at work who I got started mowing.
He now has 52 yards a week he mows plus working here. Years ago I bought him his first used $300 Snapper. Now he got a high dollar Ex Mark.. He my buddy, been for 25 years

Now when I was mowing for the public I did not even unload my $14,000 Kubota unless it was at least a $75, and that was a small yard.

Why is that detail necessary?

I normally charge between 35$ & 45$ a yard. And it is a quality cut. Unfortunately you are a little far away for me to make a trip out to western ave. sounds like you got someone to take care of you.

Hey Bil..erm, I mean OrangeDaddy, I found you an avatar to use. I noticed you didn't have one.

Logo-Southern-Tide.png

$45 for 2/3 of an acre is cheap...and I'm as tight as they come...

I pay $70 for a .4 acre for my place in town

That includes weed eating and edging...

if my 30 something former Arizona State cheerleader neighbor is working in her flower garden he pays me the $70...

You sir, are getting ripped. You need to holler at bleedorange0037 (if you're in the Knox area). He just did my yard and did an awesome job and was a way better price than you're paying.

And about this neighbor..... pics or she's a Mexican guy named Javier.....

Reactions: 1 person
You sir, are getting ripped. You need to holler at bleedorange0037 (if you're in the Knox area). He just did my yard and did an awesome job and was a way better price than you're paying.

And about this neighbor..... pics or she's a Mexican guy named Javier.....

Dang that was fast

I normally charge between 35$ & 45$ a yard. And it is a quality cut. Unfortunately you are a little far away for me to make a trip out to western ave. sounds like you got someone to take care of you.

This is pretty much where I'm at too. I mainly work in Oak Ridge and West Knoxville where I'm mowing 1/3 - 1/2 acre lots, and it's just me and one mower, so I don't have to charge outrageous amounts to still make pretty decent money.

Thanks for the nice feedback chatt, and you've got my contact info, so let me know if you ever need it done again. :hi:

Glad this got worked out for all party's.

45 a week seemed reasonable. 75 is a little high for a 2 week cut though.

But to be honest this business has grown a great deal. I was in it for 15 years. Made a lot of money. But as of recent years its gotten cut throat

Some folks need to remember that legit business's have to have licenses's, insurance, equipment, employee(s) and fuel on top of that. It costs money. And like any business the expense is passed on to the customer.

Like another poster stated, you can't afford to unload a 12-20k mower for a 50 dollar yard.

A d its not like it was when I was kid. The days of the neighbor kid mowing it for 10-15 bucks are over.

Glad this got worked out for all party's.

45 a week seemed reasonable. 75 is a little high for a 2 week cut though.

But to be honest this business has grown a great deal. I was in it for 15 years. Made a lot of money. But as of recent years its gotten cut throat

Some folks need to remember that legit business's have to have licenses's, insurance, equipment, employee(s) and fuel on top of that. It costs money. And like any business the expense is passed on to the customer.

Like another poster stated, you can't afford to unload a 12-20k mower for a 50 dollar yard.

A d its not like it was when I was kid. The days of the neighbor kid mowing it for 10-15 bucks are over.

Really, you're gonna bring puns into this? That's a pretty seedy thing to do!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back