How much sleep do you need or get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamacheats

YKW = Basilio's Bish
I need 5 hours. I get 5 hours. Have so for years. With rare exceptions, I go to bed at 2 a.m. and wake at 7 a.m. every day. That's been my schedule for at least 15 years.

Turning 40, Dr tells me I need an absolute minimum of 7 hours to remain healthy. He prefers that I get 8. I tell him its not possible without pills, and I ain't taking pills.

What say you VN? How much sleep do you get? Need?

I get about 5 hours the last 11 years or so. 6-7 on occasion

I can go good on 4 though

usually around 7hrs but I do go thru stretches (usually about a week at a time) where I only need about 3. Freaks the wife out a bit

I get about 5 hours the last 11 years or so. 6-7 on occasion

I can go good on 4 though

Weird thing with me is I'm good with 5, but any less and I'm tired all day. Any more than 6, I'm tired all day.

When I sleep I'm comatose though.

It varies from person to person. I do better with at least 7. I was sick this past month and went for over 2 weeks getting only 4 hours a night. I was messed up with sleep deprivation before it was over.

I struggle staying asleep. I'm usually good with about six and then optimal if I sneak in a 20 minute power nap at lunch.

I can pretty much fall asleep whenever, wherever. That's what the Army has taught me. Sleep when you can. but I can't sleep straight through for more than 1 1/2 - 2 hours straight without waking up. Usually I fall right back to sleep, but occasionally I'm up for an hour or two during the middle of the night.

Shoot for 8 but closer to seven. If I get less then I'm worthless on the weeken and sleep very late. I like to get up early. I wake up around 5:00am on week days and 6:00 on weekends.

I sleep in 1-2 hour shifts so it's hard to tell. Usually in bed @ 10 and up @ 6 or so, but actual sleep is probably around 4-5 hours. From 3 am to 5 am, I am basically spinning around trying to get comfortable, and end up walking around the house just to try and get a little energy out.

Reactions: 1 person
I sleep in 1-2 hour shifts so it's hard to tell. Usually in bed @ 10 and up @ 6 or so, but actual sleep is probably around 4-5 hours. From 3 am to 5 am, I am basically spinning around trying to get comfortable, and end up walking around the house just to try and get a little energy out.

Cutting back on the meth helps, I heard.

Reactions: 1 person
Ideally the recommended 8 hours, but usually I need at least 6. I can get by a few days with as little as 4 but after 2-3 days of that, on about the 4th day I crash.

I usually get around 5. Can function ok on 4 as long as I have my coffee. Would love to get about 7 on a reg basis, but that doesn't happen with young kids and both of us working. At least not in my world.

I can only get 3-4 on a good night and prefer to nap at some point during the day, but the day doesn't always allow it.

Average about 8, but usually wake up once a night before going back to sleep

Weird thing with me is I'm good with 5, but any less and I'm tired all day. Any more than 6, I'm tired all day.

When I sleep I'm comatose though.

Same here. I could sleep thru WW3 going on outside my window. As soon as my daughter cries I'm up with a quickness though

7-8 is optimal, but I usually get anywhere from 5-7. I can function with a little less than 5, but I'm definitely dragging at that point...

I need 5 hours. I get 5 hours. Have so for years. With rare exceptions, I go to bed at 2 a.m. and wake at 7 a.m. every day. That's been my schedule for at least 15 years.

Turning 40, Dr tells me I need an absolute minimum of 7 hours to remain healthy. He prefers that I get 8. I tell him its not possible without pills, and I ain't taking pills.

What say you VN? How much sleep do you get? Need?

Are you over weight? Serious question as there is a direct correlation between sleep and weight.

I get 6-7. I've existed for long periods of time with 3-4 hours per night--in Afghanistan it was 2-3 often interrupted, but I know that I'm not at my optimum during those periods. I know when I'm getting enough sleep as my internal alarm clock will wake me about 10 minutes before the alarm clock on my night stand.

In the summer I get about 6-7. In the winter I become a bear and get about 10. Helps that I can roll out of bed and right into work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back