3769 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Pit Bulls. within the forum The Pub. Why aren't their stricter regulations in possessing one of these animals? Everyday you see where a kid or person is ...

Go Back   VolNation > Off Topic Forums > The Pub

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Pit Bulls

Why aren't their stricter regulations in possessing one of these animals? Everyday you see where a kid or person is mauled or killed by one of these animals.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

watch the judge shows in the afternoon. Half the shows are about some pit bull and the other half are about people getting cell phones for their friends because their credit wasnt good then the friend doesnt pay the bill
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Still I Rise!!!H.A.M.!!!!

Pushing bad beer too.

TENNESSEE, The Greatest State in the USA!

Getting It DONE!!!!
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm not a dog person at all, I've only enjoyed being around two dogs ever. One was mine growing up, which was a blue heeler/ beagle mix that looked like a miniature smokey. The other was an enormous pit bull that belonged to a college room mate. He thought he was a five pound lap dog. Most chihuahuas I've been around were more likely to hurt a kid than this pit bull. I'd say the majority of people that have them want them to be mean. Not many people are gonna choose this breed for a family pet. These dogs get a bad rap because of the idiots that own them. I'm a firm believer that a dog is only as smart as its owner.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
VFL 4 Life

Pit bulls don't kill people. People kill people.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

A friend of mine had one when I was in high school. He had a twin brother and they were wrestling....the dog thought they were fighting and snapped at my friend.....nailed him in the nuts....12 stitches to the sack.....he said he could hear the nurses in the ER talking about his mutilated balls
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
VolNation Brew Master

Our government will probably put a limit on pit bull teeth only allowing 10 and ban the ones that look scary.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
VolNation Brew Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Pickens View Post
A friend of mine had one when I was in high school. He had a twin brother and they were wrestling....the dog thought they were fighting and snapped at my friend.....nailed him in the nuts....12 stitches to the sack.....he said he could hear the nurses in the ER talking about his mutilated balls
Holy mutilated ballsack batman!!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
5 star member

I've got two.. Had them fixed.. Best dogs i've ever had.. All in how you raise them, all in how you treat them. You can make any dog mean. I will say it's best to fix these dogs early before the hormones kick in, 6 to 8 months.. I rescued these two. I don't regret getting them. They're big babies. Surprisingly smart dogs in my experience..

In the 80's it was Doberman pinchers
In the 90's it was rottweilers
In the 00's and now it is the Pit bull.

It's the owners fault in every case, not the dog..
VN Likes: 11
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

I live in a county that already does not allow Pits in the shelter but that just leads to the animal shelter coming up with unique heritage of the animals

I Love some pitts and some are bred so badly that unfortunately they cannot be saved

I live in the town that has the distinction of the Michael Vick scenario ...what a mess
I still wish he had done to him what he did to those poor dogs
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Imperial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by govols/cc View Post
Why aren't their stricter regulations in possessing one of these animals? Everyday you see where a kid or person is mauled or killed by one of these animals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkemo View Post
I'm not a dog person at all, I've only enjoyed being around two dogs ever. One was mine growing up, which was a blue heeler/ beagle mix that looked like a miniature smokey. The other was an enormous pit bull that belonged to a college room mate. He thought he was a five pound lap dog. Most chihuahuas I've been around were more likely to hurt a kid than this pit bull. I'd say the majority of people that have them want them to be mean. Not many people are gonna choose this breed for a family pet. These dogs get a bad rap because of the idiots that own them. I'm a firm believer that a dog is only as smart as its owner.
Pitbulls are very protective of their owners, but aren't necessarily a violent breed - it is in how they are raised: The Truth About Pitbulls
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wood. Meat. Freedom.

Individuals should be allowed to own any kind of dog they wish. Simple as that.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

seems to me it would just be a walking liability. Why risk it?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by govols/cc View Post
Because they usually arent actually purebred "pit bulls". They are usually some sort of mutt dog that looks like a pit. The media just slaps the name "pit bull" on any dog that doesnt look like a lab or doberman. The reason they "attack" is because they are hungry and not taken well care of.

I have a purebred 9 year old "pit bull" and its currently playing in my front yard with my 3 year old son and my neighbors cocker spaniel. I have never had any problems with her and she is a delightful
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkemo View Post
I would think my child could survive a chihuahua attack better than a pit bull attack. I agree the owner has a lot to do with it but a dog that was bred purely for fighting has be naturally more violent. Each dog has its own personality as well.
Reply With Quote TOP