Pit Bulls

govols/cc

Why aren't their stricter regulations in possessing one of these animals? Everyday you see where a kid or person is mauled or killed by one of these animals.

watch the judge shows in the afternoon. Half the shows are about some pit bull and the other half are about people getting cell phones for their friends because their credit wasnt good then the friend doesnt pay the bill

Pushing bad beer too.

PITBULL-SUCKS2.gif

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not a dog person at all, I've only enjoyed being around two dogs ever. One was mine growing up, which was a blue heeler/ beagle mix that looked like a miniature smokey. The other was an enormous pit bull that belonged to a college room mate. He thought he was a five pound lap dog. Most chihuahuas I've been around were more likely to hurt a kid than this pit bull. I'd say the majority of people that have them want them to be mean. Not many people are gonna choose this breed for a family pet. These dogs get a bad rap because of the idiots that own them. I'm a firm believer that a dog is only as smart as its owner.

Reactions: 3 people
A friend of mine had one when I was in high school. He had a twin brother and they were wrestling....the dog thought they were fighting and snapped at my friend.....nailed him in the nuts....12 stitches to the sack.....he said he could hear the nurses in the ER talking about his mutilated balls

Our government will probably put a limit on pit bull teeth only allowing 10 and ban the ones that look scary.

A friend of mine had one when I was in high school. He had a twin brother and they were wrestling....the dog thought they were fighting and snapped at my friend.....nailed him in the nuts....12 stitches to the sack.....he said he could hear the nurses in the ER talking about his mutilated balls

Holy mutilated ballsack batman!!

I've got two.. Had them fixed.. Best dogs i've ever had.. All in how you raise them, all in how you treat them. You can make any dog mean. I will say it's best to fix these dogs early before the hormones kick in, 6 to 8 months.. I rescued these two. I don't regret getting them. They're big babies. Surprisingly smart dogs in my experience..

In the 80's it was Doberman pinchers
In the 90's it was rottweilers
In the 00's and now it is the Pit bull.

It's the owners fault in every case, not the dog..

Reactions: 11 people
I live in a county that already does not allow Pits in the shelter but that just leads to the animal shelter coming up with unique heritage of the animals

I Love some pitts and some are bred so badly that unfortunately they cannot be saved

I live in the town that has the distinction of the Michael Vick scenario ...what a mess
I still wish he had done to him what he did to those poor dogs

Why aren't their stricter regulations in possessing one of these animals? Everyday you see where a kid or person is mauled or killed by one of these animals.

I'm not a dog person at all, I've only enjoyed being around two dogs ever. One was mine growing up, which was a blue heeler/ beagle mix that looked like a miniature smokey. The other was an enormous pit bull that belonged to a college room mate. He thought he was a five pound lap dog. Most chihuahuas I've been around were more likely to hurt a kid than this pit bull. I'd say the majority of people that have them want them to be mean. Not many people are gonna choose this breed for a family pet. These dogs get a bad rap because of the idiots that own them. I'm a firm believer that a dog is only as smart as its owner.

Pitbulls are very protective of their owners, but aren't necessarily a violent breed - it is in how they are raised: The Truth About Pitbulls

Because they usually arent actually purebred "pit bulls". They are usually some sort of mutt dog that looks like a pit. The media just slaps the name "pit bull" on any dog that doesnt look like a lab or doberman. The reason they "attack" is because they are hungry and not taken well care of.

I have a purebred 9 year old "pit bull" and its currently playing in my front yard with my 3 year old son and my neighbors cocker spaniel. I have never had any problems with her and she is a delightful

I would think my child could survive a chihuahua attack better than a pit bull attack. I agree the owner has a lot to do with it but a dog that was bred purely for fighting has be naturally more violent. Each dog has its own personality as well.

I've got two.. Had them fixed.. Best dogs i've ever had.. All in how you raise them, all in how you treat them. You can make any dog mean. I will say it's best to fix these dogs early before the hormones kick in, 6 to 8 months.. I rescued these two. I don't regret getting them. They're big babies. Surprisingly smart dogs in my experience..

In the 80's it was Doberman pinchers
In the 90's it was rottweilers
In the 00's and now it is the Pit bull.

It's the owners fault in every case, not the dog..

I was wondering about getting them fixed & if that should be mandated depending on where you live or something.

I know someone who previously had a pit bull. She was the sweetest dog even after having her ears cut off and being tortured. I believe the owner dictates how a dog will behave in the future. Luckily she was saved and given a decent home where she lived for many years and never hurt anyone.

I would think my child could survive a chihuahua attack better than a pit bull attack. I agree the owner has a lot to do with it but a dog that was bred purely for fighting has be naturally more violent. Each dog has its own personality as well.

Thats not true. It was bred for 100s of years to be a farm dog, working in barns to get rid of mice. They have been around since the revolutionary war

You want to go ahead and ban Great Danes because they are big?

Reactions: 2 people
It has nothing to do with the dog and everything to do with the person raising it. I think people who raise them to be vicious should get castrated right after their dogs are.

Thats not true. It was bred for 100s of years to be a farm dog, working in barns to get rid of mice. They have been around since the revolutionary war

You want to go ahead and ban Great Danes because they are big?

I never read an article where a Great Dane attacked anyone. I see where pits do it everyday. I don't know much about dog fighting other than it involves mostly put bulls & there has to be a reason for it. I agree people are largely to blame but not solely.

We have a Pekingese mix from the shelter , I had to warn the vet he bites
She said "of course he does he's a Pekingese"

I had to laugh
We got this dog because of the kids and two weeks later the dog got sick and he was so protective of his crate we were barely allowed to take him to the vet

I suddenly had a lot of sympathy for those who have big dogs that bite
I couldn't bring myself to take him back to the shelter..but after he drew blood a few times I considered myself an idiot but now we know how to read the little punk

VN Store

Back