2689 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Pit Bulls Page 3. within the forum The Pub. Originally Posted by Thrasher865 I have a rottweiler. He's a mean sum*****. He will bite your arm off. Awesome.. ...

Go Back   VolNation > Off Topic Forums > The Pub

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #31 (permalink)
5 star member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher865 View Post
I have a rottweiler.

He's a mean sum*****.

He will bite your arm off.
Awesome..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #32 (permalink)

I don't think I would post this on social media and I truly hope you have a million dollar home owners policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher865 View Post
I have a rottweiler.

He's a mean sum*****.

He will bite your arm off.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #33 (permalink)
Proud, Merry Dolphin

I think it's because they have the capability to do such serious damage, they're strong as hell and if not trained properly what would, from a smaller/weaker dog, be a less than serious incident can turn into a serious injury.

As far as the rapper goes, his success is one of the great mysteries of the universe.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #34 (permalink)
Resist much, obey little.

lol @ Thrasher
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #35 (permalink)
fawk all of you all

I have a 2.5 year old blue pit. She is the sweetest dog out of any I have owned. She is fixed and has been well socialized. My 5 pound chihuahua bites her lip, ears, nose or whatever gets close and my pit just backs up and walks away. She's afraid of the dark and loves everyone that comes to our house, even delivery people. I admit I initially wanted her for home protection when I'm alone but that didn't work out so well. She wouldn't hurt a fly. Well, actually she would. She despises bugs. She will chase any bug that flies and eat it but she would never hurt a person.

I agree that a lot has to do with the owner and how they are cared for. I've been around pits that I was definitely not comfortable with, but 98% have been big babies.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #36 (permalink)
5 star member

They are very strong dogs.. I doubt mine have much body fat at all.. The male is 80 pounds or so, the female is about 65.. Key is socializing them early.. Socialize them with people and other dogs. You won't have anything to worry about.. Keeping them isolated in the back yard on a chain, you may have something to worry about.. People who keep their dogs in a pin or chained in the back yard, don't need dogs.. They're not a yard ornament.. Makes them mean also.. Can't blame them.. I'd be pissed off too if i we're tied to a tree or on a chain for life...
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolGirlinGA View Post
I have a 2.5 year old blue pit. She is the sweetest dog out of any I have owned. She is fixed and has been well socialized. My 5 pound chihuahua bites her lip, ears, nose or whatever gets close and my pit just backs up and walks away. She's afraid of the dark and loves everyone that comes to our house, even delivery people. I admit I initially wanted her for home protection when I'm alone but that didn't work out so well. She wouldn't hurt a fly. Well, actually she would. She despises bugs. She will chase any bug that flies and eat it but she would never hurt a person.

I agree that a lot has to do with the owner and how they are cared for. I've been around pits that I was definitely not comfortable with, but 98% have been big babies.
The same owner who had a pit also had a chihuahua and the Chihuahua was the meanest. She too would also try to bite the pit (her name was Sassy) and Sassy couldn't have cared less. She never tried to bit back or anything. I think Chihuahuas are meaner than any dog out there.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #38 (permalink)
fawk all of you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Peach View Post
The same owner who had a pit also had a chihuahua and the Chihuahua was the meanest. She too would also try to bite the pit (her name was Sassy) and Sassy couldn't have cared less. She never tried to bit back or anything. I think Chihuahuas are meaner than any dog out there.
My MIL rescued a chihuahua that was abused early on. So technically it has an excuse to be an *******. But 7 years later I STILL have to back out of that house or that dog will run up and bite my ankles.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #39 (permalink)

Yep. Little dogs are the meanest, but it's hard to be scared of an 8 pound dog wearing a sweater that is growling at you from inside a purse.

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #40 (permalink)

A dog's temperament is dependent a lot on its childhood experiences, but the breed certainly influences how the dog's behavior is affected by abuse, etc.

An abused golden retriever is going to be really timid and cower and run away from everything. An abused pitt is going to be more defensive.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #41 (permalink)
5 star member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Peach View Post
My mom has one.. Every time it gets around my dogs it tries to bite them.. My dogs run from a chihuahua.. My dogs are sissies....
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #42 (permalink)

We have a Pekingese mix from the shelter , I had to warn the vet he bites
BUT I have to say in the ER we don't see the little dog bites unless it is on a child
I have seen numerous bites from Pitts and Pitt mixes of course that is being reported by patients and could be wrong
I have never seen a wound 12 inches long and 3 inches deep from a chihaua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartervol View Post
My mom has one.. Every time it gets around my dogs it tries to bite them.. My dogs run from a chihuahua.. My dogs are sissies....
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #43 (permalink)
5 star member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandVOL View Post
We have a Pekingese mix from the shelter , I had to warn the vet he bites
BUT I have to say in the ER we don't see the little dog bites unless it is on a child
I have seen numerous bites from Pitts and Pitt mixes of course that is being reported by patients and could be wrong
I have never seen a wound 12 inches long and 3 inches deep from a chihaua
They barely have teeth.. More like nubs.. They do have the little man syndrome though..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #44 (permalink)

WOW I had no idea .. I had always assumed they were gentle little creatures with no real purpose kind of like the peckignese mix I own

I swear on a weekly basis I wonder why the heck I brought this little guy home..when we try to pick him and get him out of the crate if he is not in the mood he can be an azz
Funny thing about this little man is that he has never snapped at nor bitten the kids...Spouse and I have scars on the hand from the punk

Quote:
They barely have teeth.. More like nubs.. They do have the little man syndrome though..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
I have one and she annoys the hell out of our Jack Russell Terrier. You would think he would try to bite her or attack, but he just runs from her. It's almost as if he is thinking, "dear lord it's you again." She isn't afraid of him at all.
Reply With Quote TOP