Rum Enthusiasts...?

therealUT

Rational Thought Allowed?
If there are any rum enthusiasts on the board, I must say that after spending a few years drinking only Pyrat, I have found a much better (and, more affordable) option in Ron Matusalem Gran Reserva.

Smells like a really good port, tastes incredibly smooth with just a hint of vanilla. Absolutely fantastic over a large cube of ice.

I haven't drank rum in a few years. This became my favorite tequila recently...

S0181-2.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I haven't drank rum in a few years. This became my favorite tequila recently...

S0181-2.jpg

Tasty. Tequila is the only liquor that doesn't mess with me.

I don't do rum, but everyone is raging about Rumchata which I think is disgusting.

Tasty. Tequila is the only liquor that doesn't mess with me.

I don't do rum, but everyone is raging about Rumchata which I think is disgusting.

I never drank rum, unless it was mixed into something, until straight rum was served as an after dinner aperitif after having dinner with an Italian family outside of Rome. Whatever rum they served was absolutely amazing. Since then, I have been on a quest to find very smooth and drinkable rums here. Pyrat fit the bill for a long time.

I had it for the first time the other night. I had a little over ice. Went down very nicely so I opted ice only. A friend we were with said her dad made margaritas with it, drank it on the rocks as well. Very good stuff.

I went to Puerto Rico a few years ago and brought back a case of Don Q Gold rum. Best i've ever had and was told it's not sold in the states. Not sure if it still is but i recommend it.

I had it for the first time the other night. I had a little over ice. Went down very nicely so I opted ice only. A friend we were with said her dad made margaritas with it, drank it on the rocks as well. Very good stuff.

I've had a lot of tequilas. Silvers are my favorite, by far. Patron and Don Julio are two of my favorites. Salt, shot, lime. Over ice. Or margaritas. Maybe even a toughman shot... Snort a line of salt, squirt lime in the eye, then shot of Jose... Because it's not worth wasting good tequila.

I've had a lot of tequilas. Silvers are my favorite, by far. Patron and Don Julio are two of my favorites. Salt, shot, lime. Over ice. Or margaritas. Maybe even a toughman shot... Snort a line of salt, squirt lime in the eye, then shot of Jose... Because it's not worth wasting good tequila.

Nice.

If there are any rum enthusiasts on the board, I must say that after spending a few years drinking only Pyrat, I have found a much better (and, more affordable) option in Ron Matusalem Gran Reserva.

Smells like a really good port, tastes incredibly smooth with just a hint of vanilla. Absolutely fantastic over a large cube of ice.

If you like Matusalem, this stuff will blow your mind! It's better than my favorite, Barcelo Reserva de la Familia (only found in Dominican Republic)

Attachments

• 5585880274_29551b4503_z.jpg
    5585880274_29551b4503_z.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1
Fwiw, its not necessary to use the word 'Ron' when mentioning a name, like Ron Bacardi. 'Ron' just means Rum in spanish. It would be similar to always saying 'whisky' when saying Jack Daniels, George Dickel, etc.

I've never really tried straight rum. I've always been a straight bourbon or scotch kinda guy.

Nothing like a double shot of Woodford Reserve, straight.

I've never really tried straight rum. I've always been a straight bourbon or scotch kinda guy.

Try the Silver Patron. Zero disappoint guaranteed.

You're a 'straight bourbon' kinda guy and mention Woodford Reserve? WR is better than Jack, but come on, there's way better drink!

I have a large collection of rim from around the Carribean, my favorite is one from Bermuda, Black Seal

Bacardi 151...I put it on my cereal every morning...

Just like Kate Upton, it gets me up and going every day

I have a friend who loves rum and swears by Zacapa. It's good stuff, but sometimes hard to find.

Rum and limeade equals grog, right? I don't want to hijack the thread, but does anybody have a better grog recipe?

VN Store

Back