Stump Removal

YorkVol

Anyone have experience removing stumps? I had two large sweet gum trees cut down about 2 years ago and now would like to get rid of the stumps. The area is on the side of my house and isn't large enough to get a big enough stump grinder in to do the job so I'm thinking of using potassium nitrate. Any of you used this with any success?

thanks for any advice/help!

Dig it out & hook up something to it & pull it out. Sweet gum trees are awful.

Bore holes. Load them with with salt. Come back in a few months.

Truly? That would be cheapest route so far.

Yup. I actually had this conversation at lunch today with a co-worker. This is the method he's used with success.

Oddly enough I had a conversation about stumps, yet I have no trees on my property.

Never heard of using buttermilk. I have used Epson salts to great effect, but I think Drano works best. Drill a bunch of one inch holes as deep as you can and fill them up.

I have 2 stumps, I'm going to use buttermilk in one and salts in the other just to see which does the trick fastest.

Yes, I'll post pictures.

You guys may be missing the point of all this. It comes down to the man vs. the stump.

Don't wimp out with machinery, TNT, dairy products and/or chemicals. Get your mattock, shovel, axe, steel bar, hatchet, pick, pocket knife, cigarette lighter and whatever other tools you have available and wage war on the stump. Lay out your strategy well, because sometimes when you wage war with a stump, the campaign can go on for weeks, or months and sometimes even years.

And don't let up until the stump turns loose from the ground and you roll it out of the way and onto a brush pile so you can watch it burn.

VN Store

Back