The Volnation Dictionary: A New Users Guide (Long)

ericpatterson1

Today is a new day
Ok, I've saved my 1000th post for a bit (constant reader, rarely post) It's the off season and we need a little fun.... If anyone has something I missed, let me know and I can add it to the top.

Bosgap- 1) A poster who is not to be messed with, since he has the worlds smartest testicle, and can fight off multiple attackers at one time, but can not use punctuation nor capitalization correctly. 2)According to his profile, he is simply a disabled logger from Cumberland Gap who has bled orange since he was three.

Codyg10- 1) A supposed tween-aged poster on VN that has relatives that attends summer camps with recruits and reports his findings on VN so we can be "in the know". 2) um-yeah, see #1

Duel Threat- 1) Rarely seen in the present, but once popular method of challenging another to a gunfight. 2) A QB who can run designed plays and escape the rush, relying not simply on his pocket presents. (see below)

Escape Goat 1) A goat that seemingly always escapes after a game resulting in a loss. If the goat isn't returned prior to the next game, it could result in biblical Armageddon 2) A valued VN poster

French Benefits 1) Similar to fringe benefits, French Benefits are typically reserved for football players at Bama, or B-ball players at KY. Usually included is a hostess with hair that is typically removed my American women. 2) Similar to an American 401k plan issued by the French government.

Fulmerite- 1) A orb in outerspace made of Krispy Kreme dough 2) Typically Blue-Hairs that find their way onto the interwebs and protest their love for CPF and think we would be competeing for NC if he were still here

Mitch Mustang- 1) Any random man named Mitch that drives, of course, a Mustang. 2) A youth that goes to astute summer camps across the country and whispers to others about recruiting topics and/or transfers Also, rumored to impersonate former Arkansas and USC QB, Mitch Mustain.

NegaVol: 1) Anti-Christ to Posivols (See Below), these posters are not "True Fans" 2) Label given to anyone who believes CDD is not the right coach and will lead us to the SECCG within the next 2 years. You will be labeled with this term after your first negative post, regardless of prior posting history.

No-Homo 1) A required pre-requisite in any post with the vaguest of homosexual references Example: I want this kid, he had great hands.... no-homo 2) term originated in East Harlem slang of the early 1990s to separate themselves from closeted gay men.

Pocket Presents 1) Small presents such as jewelry, that can be concealed in one's pocket. 2) A QB that can move within the pocket formed by his OL and avoid the rush.

PosiVol- 1) "True Fans" 2) Anyone labeled by a NegaVol (Referenced Above) as a homer, and/or a sunshine pumper. is a silver lining type person, even in the face of an winless season.

Pre-Madonna 1) A reference to anything that occurred prior to July 27th, 1983 when Madonna's self titled first album was released. 2) Designation given to anyone who is not a team player

Racist- 1) Anyone that has negative feeling towards Eskimos. 2) Any poster that makes an off color remark no matter the intent. Example: I like the traditional Orange and White Unis, I'm don't want black ones.

Rod Wilks- 1)The deity of college football. One that the NCAA has yet to allow start a game because it would violate every rule in the handbook. 2) An over hyped in state recruit by a particular poster who has now become our personal Chuck Norris.

Sarcasm Meter- 1)A device that is required to be in operation at all times when reading VN forums. When broken, you read at your own risk.

TOS- 1) Terms of Service to most 2) "The Other Site" Generally Volquest, but can refer to the scout or 247 sites as well.

True Fan- See Posivol above

Valid Victorian- 1) Anything from the 19th century during the reign of Queen Victoria who is legally binding 2) In high school or college, one who beats the Salad-utorian for the best GPA

Wanting It- 1) What occurs when you reach that moment of clarity of hunger for the game. This is typically achieved by having a picture taken of you overlooking a picturesque scene, preferrably a body of water. 2) A desire for something

Whip They Ass- 1) The phrase that is used prior to the UGA rivalry game as the expected result. 2) A thread that deserves to be added to the site's non-existent THOF (Thread Hall of Fame)

Last edited:
Reactions: 37 people
3 Wolf Moon - 1) A t-shirt designed by The Mountain with three majestic wolves howling at the moon. 2) A Dual Function designed girth cover which attracts women. 3) The reason this season (2012) will be great.

Reactions: 10 people
Thanks!! Ive been wanting to do this for a while, but I'm usually mobile when I'm on here and wasn't a way to do it right.

Thanks Jimmy- Something that is replied to another poster, when their thread/post was already posted days/weeks/months before.

Reactions: 1 person
Excellent thread!!!

Should "Grammer Police" be an entry? (Intentional misspelling, there)

Also, something to do with the terms "Sarcasm?" or "Sarcasm meter" might be a good addition.

A few others: Fail/Epic Fail, Merge/Merge dozer, Facepalm...

Wes Rucker: A soccer/Chicago Cubs beat writer that occasionally tweets about the Vols

Jimmy Hyams: The Rhinestone Cowboy of the Knoxville sports media. Generally "breaks" news 3 weeks late.

Brent Hubbs: Reports whatever his editor Dave Hart will approve

Regarding Wanting It, I believe the rules stipulate you must be overlooking a body of water. I could be wrong, TIFWIW IMO JMO YMMV VFL GBO

Wes Rucker: A soccer/Chicago Cubs beat writer that occasionally tweets about the Vols

Jimmy Hyams: The Rhinestone Cowboy of the Knoxville sports media. Generally "breaks" news 3 weeks late.

Brent Hubbs: Reports whatever his editor Dave Hart will approve
Laughed out loud.

Nice job OP.

VN Store

Back