Fukushima-Reactor 4

knucklehead_vol

Apparently this can wipe out Asia as well as the Western portion of the US if a earthquake of 7 or more hits. In a letter From Sen Wyden the cleanup of the pools will take up to 10 years for safe removal.

http://www.wyden.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Ambassador-Fujisaki.pdf

The most preliminary reports of soil contamination are starting to come in from the USGS, who has seemed reluctant to share this information. Los Angeles, California, Portland, Oregon, and Boulder, Colorado, so far have the highest radioactive particle contamination out of the entire US.

That being said, every single city tested across the country showed contamination from Fukushima. What is even more alarming, however, about the numbers coming in, is that they are from samples taken April 5th, of last year.

Fukushima Is Falling Apart: Are You Ready … For A Mass Extinction Event?

More on Fukushima reactor No. 4:

- Arnie Gunderson: More Cesium In Reactor 4 SFP Than All Nukes Ever Exploded

– Fukushima Reactor No. 4 Meltdown?

- Nuclear Expert Arnie Gundersen: Reactor No. 4 Spent Fuel Pool Likely To Shatter Or Collapse Onto Its Side In A Magnitude 7.0 Earthquake (AUDIO)

- Former Japanese Ambassador to Switzerland: ‘FATE Of Japan And The Whole World Depends On No.4 Reactor’

- Independent And Government Experts Say Reactor 4 SFP Is A Grave Concern: 460 Tons Of Nuclear Fuel Could Overheat, Explode and Release Massive Amounts Of Radiation (((Finishing Off Japan)))

- Prof. Dr Hiroaki Koide On Asahi TV: If Reactor 4 SFP Cracks And Leaks This Would Be THE END … For A Wide Area Including Tokyo

Dr. Arnie Gundersen warns they need to go further than 450km.’- Whistleblower: ‘Reactor 4 Is Like A Inverse Pyramid, Very Unstable And Dangerous’ – TEPCO Admits It Can’t Stop Reactor 4 Water Leakage- Collapse Of Ractor 4 Spent Fuel Pool Could Cause A Disaster Worse Than The THREE REACTOR MELTDOWNS – Structural Integrity A Major Concern Among Experts (AP)

- Fukushima Worker Suspects Explosion At Reactor 4 To Be The Cause Of 8.5 Tons Water Leakage (At 301,750,000 Bq)

Why can they not remove the spent fuel from the pool in reactor 4 to dry storage casks? Is it still too radioactive to do it?

Why can they not remove the spent fuel from the pool in reactor 4 to dry storage casks? Is it still too radioactive to do it?

I read somewhere that it will take 10 years to do this. The problem, or one of them is the reactor has cracks and is supposedly leaking now.

And that is that the Reactor #4 building is on the verge of collapsing. Seismicity standards rate the building at a zero, meaning even a small earthquake could send it into a heap of rubble. And sitting at the top of the building, in a pool that is cracked, leaking, and precarious even without an earthquake, are 1565 fuel rods (give or take a few), some of them “fresh fuel” that was ready to go into the reactor on the morning of March 11th when the earthquake and tsunami hit

It is a mess. I didn't think that the roof had collapsed on 4. I haven't spoken asked around about the pools' or reactors' conditions in a while.

Whoever is saying that fuel rods were uncovered in the spent fuel pools is incorrect. The spent fuel pools did their job of keeping the fuel rods covered through an unbelievably rare event. So rare that PRA didn't even account for such an event. The containment and pools did an excellent job of protecting the fuel rods from being compromised. The hydrogen explosion originated from fuel rods being uncovered in the unit 3 or 4 (can't remember which one) reactor vessel. By explosion, I mean relief of pressure, not a fireball. They hydrogen is generated from the reaction between steam and the zirconium fuel rod cladding by the reaction Zr + 2H20 -> ZrO2 + 2H2. No radioactive material is released in this explosion. This is simply a large amount of hydrogen gas building up in a contained area. The pressure goes up and eventually blows off the containment roof, which is what it was designed to do.

I love the misinformation from the Japanese. They don't even care about their own people. They decide to remove the top layer of topsoil so people can move back closer to Fukushima but neglect the fact that the surrounding trees release radioactive pollen and if that wasn't irresponsible enough, they found a loophole in international law so that even though they can't dump the radioactive topsoil into the ocean from a boat or barge, they can simply dump it all at the edge of the shore and bulldoze it into the ocean. Meanwhile they lie to their citizens about the safe levels of radiation, especially those concerning contamination from ingested food...DANGEROUSLY OVER SAFE LEVELS.

What should bother us is the fact that our government has been all too quiet about so much of this and isn't trying to pressure the Japanese government at all. (Which also tells you how responsibly they would respond to us.)

Oh and if that weren't enough, the same company responsible for Fukushima - TEPCO, is involved with nuclear power plants over here and was even allowed further involvement after the incident.

This is a huge ******* deal that people should be paying alot more attention to.

Last edited:
What levels are people seeing in the Western US? I want actual numbers.

The last ones I saw were laughable. You picked up more dose from bananas and brazil nuts than what was showing up out there.

Although I know a few techs that were making big bucks surveying various things in Hawaii and the west coast to appease those freaking out over it...

Last edited:
No, you should be mad at the Japanese for building reactors in an area where 90% of the world's earthquakes occur. That being said, eff it right? We all gotta go sometime right?

PRA of this area demanded the reactors and containment to withstand earthquakes that had more than a 0.000001 probability of occurring. An earthquake and tsunami, like the ones that occurred, are freak accidents that could not be statistically accounted for. Apparently this was a 1 in 10,000 years event.

PRA of this area demanded the reactors and containment to withstand earthquakes that had more than a 0.000001 probability of occurring. An earthquake and tsunami, like the ones that occurred, are freak accidents that could not be statistically accounted for. Apparently this was a 1 in 10,000 years event.

I don't care if it's 1 in 100,000 years, this is a catastrophe that should not have happened. Way too variables in place that nothing should have been overlooked or taken for granted imo.

There is no such thing as "airborne radiation".

Airborne contamination, yes. Radiation is a whole different animal.

I realize people are freaked out about some of this stuff going in the oceans...but that's about the best damn place for it. What else would you have them do with it?

I don't care if it's 1 in 100,000 years, this is a catastrophe that should not have happened. Way too variables in place that nothing should have been overlooked or taken for granted imo.

I don't think anything was taken for granted in this situation. Everything that is commercially produced in the world has a probabilistic risk assessment report associated with it. Your car, weedeater, etc all have probabilities of failure associated with them. Skyscrapers are assessed the same way by statistically showing how likely a wildfire occurs nearby, how likely a plane could hit the building, or how likely an earthquake big enough to damage the building could occur. All of these things are constant threats to the integrity of the building, but the threats are statistically low enough that the skyscraper is built. By your logic in your post above, we shouldn't build anymore skyscrapers because an attack like 9/11 could happen again.

Really easy for you to play Monday Morning engineer. If you would have predicted 20ft tsunami waves that far inland, then you deserve more fame than Nostradamus.

I say it is time to bring back the jobs lost when big companies moved their operations from the US to Asian countries.

VN Store

Back