House Plants

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Anybody else a plant enthusiast? I'm just recently getting into this hobby, but I love it. I got interested a few months ago reading about how NASA had a list of best air-filtering plants, and fondly I remember my Mom always had them growing up so I suddenly found a great appreciation for them.

Who else here as "green thumb"? Anybody got tips for a noob?

Oh, and here's my collection so far:

ChineseFanPalm-1.jpg

Chinese Fan Palm - 4'

SnakePlant.jpg

Snake Plant - 2'

LittleGuys.jpg

A couple little guys. No idea on the names. If you know, I'd be much obliged.

Also, prepare your anus

Its not gonna be good

?

As far as "bud" goes, if you look at the Chinese Fan Palm, as the leaves mature, they split (you can see this with the leaves at the top) and appear somewhat similar to marijuana. It hasn't created any confusion, yet.

?

As far as "bud" goes, if you look at the Chinese Fan Palm, as the leaves mature, they split (you can see this with the leaves at the top) and appear somewhat similar to marijuana. It hasn't created any confusion, yet.

Some men will view your love of house plants as being a sign of non-heterosexual tendencies

Last edited:
As long as you stay away from the knitting needles I think you're fine. I spend a lot of time tending my lawn and garden.

Not once have I felt the desire to puff a pedro because of it.

The one on the right is a philodendron and puppies love to eat it...and it is poisonous to them, be careful once the new pup arrives.

The one on the right is a philodendron and puppies love to eat it...and it is poisonous to them, be careful once the new pup arrives.

Yeah. I didn't know that, thanks. I've got it on top of a 6' tall book case, so I'll be good. The Snake Plant is toxic, too. A lot of house plants are.

My wife is a nanny, and the people she works for just got a puppy 2 days ago. This will likely put our puppy on hold since she'll be taking care of this one, and probably won't wanna do that at home as well. We'll see how she responds.

As long as you stay away from the knitting needles I think you're fine. I spend a lot of time tending my lawn and garden.

Not once have I felt the desire to puff a pedro because of it.

Rosie Greer disagrees...

Attachments

• Rosie Greer.jpg
    Rosie Greer.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 123
Yeah. I didn't know that, thanks. I've got it on top of a 6' tall book case, so I'll be good. The Snake Plant is toxic, too. A lot of house plants are.

My wife is a nanny, and the people she works for just got a puppy 2 days ago. This will likely put our puppy on hold since she'll be taking care of this one, and probably won't wanna do that at home as well. We'll see how she responds.

Come on...who is the nanny here.

Too bad, I was looking forward to reading about your "challenges."

Somehow my wife must have read your new dog thread because she's been harping about getting one the past few days.

Reactions: 1 person
Urine, works wonders

Funny. I hadn't heard of that, but if poo works as fertilizer, I don't know why urine would be a surprise.

I find it hard to believe that people would put urine in house plants, nonetheless. The article I read was referring to outdoor plants. Do you do this or know people that do?

Funny. I hadn't heard of that, but if poo works as fertilizer, I don't know why urine would be a surprise.

I find it hard to believe that people would put urine in house plants, nonetheless. The article I read was referring to outdoor plants. Do you do this or know people that do?

Thought it was common place

snake plant? i all ways heard it called a mother in laws tongue and the one on the right,if it is a plant i had years ago,it grows like crazy,long trailers every where

snake plant? i all ways heard it called a mother in laws tongue and the one on the right,if it is a plant i had years ago,it grows like crazy,long trailers every where

Yeah, same thing. We actually call it "Debbie" after my Ma-in-law. Snake Plant is easier to type.

I'm expecting that Philodendron one to grow. That's why I put it so high up on a book case. I've always liked Ivy on a brick building, so I want to create a similar effect.

If you want your plants to grow good you need to listen:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KZrb9RSQn8[/youtube]

VN Store

Back