2283 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on A boy named Trayvon Martin is shot and killed by neighborhood watch goon Page 42. within the forum The Pub. Originally Posted by knucklehead_vol What is even to you? If you click on the graph dealing with homicide on strangers, ...

Go Back   VolNation > Off Topic Forums > The Pub

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #616 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead_vol View Post
What is even to you?
If you click on the graph dealing with homicide on strangers, it displays the number of murders by strangers.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #617 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassmanbruno View Post
The fact that you think anyone here is arguing against that is embarrassing.

Just because I want to hang the guy right now - doesn't mean I don't feel he should deserve a fair trial.
This needs to be nominated as the epic post of the year.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-26-2012, 05:43 AM   #618 (permalink)
The White Debonair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
This needs to be nominated as the epic post of the year.
Few more gems from bass in the thread also
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #619 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeEmpire View Post
Few more gems from bass in the thread also
So ignorant its funny. I can have my own personal feelings and emotions yet still believe in government and understand he'll have to jump through all the hoops like in every other trial. I never advocated we should just send him to the chair now with no trial.

Do I personally think he is guilty of murder 2 and would like to see him locked up for quite sometime for being a dumbass? Yeah - but that's my opinion on it when we don't have every detail available to us.

It's sad you believe otherwise. I'm sorry, buddy.

Last edited by Bassmanbruno; 03-26-2012 at 10:18 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #620 (permalink)

Quote:
So ignorant its funny. I can have my own personal feelings and emotions yet still believe in government. I never advocated we should just send him to the chair now with no trial.

It's sad you believe otherwise. I'm sorry, buddy.
Ignoring the other side of the story and claiming people to be racist for not rushing to judgment, really doesn't sound like due process.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #621 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvols75 View Post
Ignoring the other side of the story and claiming people to be racist for not rushing to judgment, really doesn't sound like due process.
I'm not the one in charge. I have no bearing on his potential future trial - so what does it matter if I choose an opinion on the matter? Ttownvol has already, more or less, declared him innocent.

There really isn't another side of the story. As far as we know he provoked a kid into a fight, was getting beat up and shot him. All we know is a witness saw TM on top of him. The other side of the story is straight from Zimmermans mouth - which I'm sure we'd hear a way different version if Martin was still alive.

Last edited by Bassmanbruno; 03-26-2012 at 10:22 AM..
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #622 (permalink)
Mid Ten Vol

Quote:
Due process does not exist for one side in this case.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #623 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not the one in charge. I have no bearing on his potential future trial - so what does it matter if I choose an opinion on the matter? Ttownvol has already, more or less, declared him innocent.
No, he hasn't. I believe he said the guy was wrong for not heeding the dispatcher, but he was giving eyewitness testimonies to show that the guy may have been acting in self defense.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #624 (permalink)

Quote:
The role of a president is to rein in the mob, not to unleash it. The latter is what community organizers do; the former is what makes statesmen. Yet on issue after issue anti-terrorism, global warming, government ethics, and racial relations a frenzied mob, egged on by the media and demagogues like Barack Obama, have almost stormed the jail, only to dissipate when met by either evidence, or the knowledge that the incarcerated was one of their own as if they had never screamed and threatened in the first place.
Worth the read: Works and Days Beware of the Mob
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #625 (permalink)

Quote:
No, he hasn't. I believe he said the guy was wrong for not heeding the dispatcher, but he was giving eyewitness testimonies to show that the guy may have been acting in self defense.
He was basing the self defense mostly on Zimmerman's account of the incident.

The witness's account does nothing good or bad for Zimmerman since he only saw it after the fight started. Had someone seen that TM did actually initiate everything - then he would likely be clear and no questions asked.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #626 (permalink)
Words to Live By

Quote:

The witness's account does nothing good or bad for Zimmerman since he only saw it after the fight started. Had someone seen that TM did actually initiate everything - then he would likely be clear and no questions asked.
Unfortunatley, at this time, that is all we have to go on.
You seem to be confused as to who the burden of PROOF falls on here. As LG has said, the ploce have NO EVIDENCE to charge Zimmerman with at this time. I have not declared him squat, I have oniy taken the emotion, that clouds your judgement, out of the equation. It is not what the investigators THINK happenned, it is what can be PROVED.
Zimmerman might have stalked TM and killed him in cold blood, but that is not what the evidence says happened.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #627 (permalink)

Quote:
And then other eyewitness testimony that backed it up. He simply refuses to rush to judgment. I'm pretty sure he would admit he was guilty if facts came out to support it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #628 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TownVol View Post
Unfortunatley, at this time, that is all we have to go on.
You seem to be confused as to who the burden of PROOF falls on here. As LG has said, the ploce have NO EVIDENCE to charge Zimmerman with at this time. I have not declared him squat, I have oniy taken the emotion, that clouds your judgement, out of the equation. It is not what the investigators THINK happenned, it is what can be PROVED.
Zimmerman might have stalked TM and killed him in cold blood, but that is not what the evidence says happened.
I dont disagree but I take Zimmermans testimony with a grain of salt.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #629 (permalink)

Quote:
And then other eyewitness testimony that backed it up. He simply refuses to rush to judgment. I'm pretty sure he would admit he was guilty if facts came out to support it.
The witness testimony doesn't back it up unless I'm mistaken. All he was able to say was TM got the better of him at the time he saw the fight. You can't start a fight, lose and then shoot someone and claim self defense.

If Zimmerman was attacked then yeah it's probably self defense.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #630 (permalink)

New story this morning in the Sentinel. Wish I knew how to just paste it here for you in its entirety.

Trayvon Martin: George Zimmerman's account to police of the Trayvon Martin shooting. - Orlando Sentinel

A couple of things. First, this is the first time I've heard mention that Martin was suspended for a drug-related thing. In the earliest reports, the Martin team had said it was for tardiness. Granted, this isn't a big deal, but it just adds to my concerns about how accurate the initial reporting has been.

Second, this is first time police have said physical evidence is consistent with Martin having Zimmerman down on the ground, beating him, and Zimmerman calling for help before firing. Plus a witness is very certain about that being the case.

This makes me wonder A LOT more about the girlfriend's disclosure, coming almost a month after the incident. I mean, if this witness told police that on the night it happened, and she waits 3 weeks or so after the controversy breaks out to make some obviously self-serving statements with the Martin family attorneys involved....

I just wonder if we are going to slowly come to the realization that as much of a complete tool Zimmerman is, and as much as he was out there trying to be a big shot, in the end the state will never be able to get a conviction.

(For one thing, I would have thought that any of these agencies -- the state attorney, then the FDLE, then the DOJ, when they got the file if they'd thought that there was some huge problem they would have come right out and said so.)
Reply With Quote TOP