I'm doing the Gallon Milk Challenge Saturday

shelbyvillevol

#MakeTNGreatAgain
I'll be doing the Gallon Milk Challenge live on my radio show Saturday morning. For those unfamiliar, it is where you have to drink a gallon of milk in 1 hour without vommitting.

2 questions:

Has anyone ever attempted it?

And what are my chances of success, in your opinion?

Always heard it was impossible. Let us know for sure, I have been tempted to do it, and if it was a radio gig I probably would.... just not going to sit at home and try LOL

Suggested reading prior to attempt.

The milk bet

Also, medical explanation for difficulty.

Sarah Ash, a professor of nutrition at North Carolina State University, comments that the primary difficulty in completing the challenge lies in the limited capacity of the stomach. Generally, the stomach can hold only half a gallon. Stretch receptors in the organ sense when its limit is reached, triggering a vomit reflex. Moreover, drinking a gallon of milk is more difficult than drinking a gallon of water. The fat and protein in milk both inhibit the stomach from releasing its contents into the small intestine, forcing more of the liquid to remain in the stomach.[4] Milk is also preferred to water, because of the risk of water intoxication.

Good luck on the endeavor.

I'll be doing the Gallon Milk Challenge live on my radio show Saturday morning. For those unfamiliar, it is where you have to drink a gallon of milk in 1 hour without vommitting.

2 questions:

Told this story in another thread somewhere on here but shorter version; when I was at UT had a 3 hour show every Friday for a semester as a requirement of a Comm. class and we did the same thing. However, none of us as the hosts did it, we brought in somebody else to try and he failed...miserably.

Also managed to get his gf (who came with him for some reason, not something I think you'd want to watch) to try the shot glass of cinnamon one also. Surprisingly enough, both seemed to work pretty well over radio.

My 14 year old son drinks a gallon each night between the time I tell him to go to bed and the time I realize he is still in the kitchen.

Reactions: 1 person
Told this story in another thread somewhere on here but shorter version; when I was at UT had a 3 hour show every Friday for a semester as a requirement of a Comm. class and we did the same thing. However, none of us as the hosts did it, we brought in somebody else to try and he failed...miserably.

Also managed to get his gf (who came with him for some reason, not something I think you'd want to watch) to try the shot glass of cinnamon one also. Surprisingly enough, both seemed to work pretty well over radio.

That's funny you brought that up. We are trying to convince one of our radio personalitites to do the spoonful of cinnamon. We're doing it as an incentive for getting people to follow our show on twitter. We need 80 more this week for my buddy to attempt the gallon challenge with chocolate milk.

We have live streaming video of us in studio, so people can actually watch us do these stunts. We'll also have someone videotaping it and uploading it to youtube.

2 questions:

I know a man that has made a few bucks by betting some big men that they could not drink a gallon of milk in an hour. I have never known anyone to do it.

Two other things that are almost impossible to do is eat 6 saltine crackers or 2 slices of bread in one minute without drinking anything. Those two things sound very simple to do, try them sometime.

I can't imagine you would be successful. The cinnamon thing can be dangerous. Google Opie & Anthony cinnamon challenge. One of their employees nearly choked to death after inhaling the powder (by accident)

My buddy and I tried it in HS. I puked before finishing. He finished but puked a little whe after, so regardless you're probably gonna vomit

should rename this stupid thread. Dont do it, dude.

If you are going to do it the be sure to say "hey yall, watch this...." right before.

I have. Almost completed it. Me and my competitor both vomited before almost completing the challenge. On the bright side, you will blow chucks harder that you ever have in your entire life. It makes for a great video for those in attendance.

My 14 year old son drinks a gallon each night between the time I tell him to go to bed and the time I realize he is still in the kitchen.

:eek:lol: One of my son's drank so much milk I told him I wanted a cow for Christmas.

Two other things that are almost impossible to do is eat 6 saltine crackers or 2 slices of bread in one minute without drinking anything. Those two things sound very simple to do, try them sometime.

Get four friends and stand them in a close circle facing each other. Give each person 2 saltine crackers. First one who can whistle wins.

VN Store

Back