2623 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on iPhone vs. Droid Page 2. within the forum The Pub. Originally Posted by RockyTopForMe iPhones were cool when they first came out, now DROID has overtaken the iOS. Droid > ...

Go Back   VolNation > Off Topic Forums > The Pub

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyTopForMe View Post
iPhones were cool when they first came out, now DROID has overtaken the iOS. Droid > iPhones anyday.
Lol. Not quite.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #17 (permalink)

iPhone is head and shoulders better than the droid.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

The thing is most Droid users have never had an iPhone & don't have a clue. I know a few people that went with droid from iPhone & every single one hate it & end up going back to iPhone. There are always gonna be those anti-Apple folks that won't admit iPhone is the best no matter what.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
Juicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyTopForMe View Post
iPhones were cool when they first came out, now DROID has overtaken the iOS. Droid > iPhones anyday.
Not arguing with you here, but curious as to where you got this information?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-12-2011, 05:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyopopcornready View Post
iPhone is head and shoulders better than the droid.
On what basis? Just curious.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri_vol View Post
Juice Defender App helped mine alot.
Just downloaded. Thanks for the tip!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
Bluegrass OG 4 life

I once had an iphone, and when I called customer support with a variety of issues, they told me that Apple was more of a "computer" company and couldn't fix all the phone issues. So I called AT&T, and they blamed it on Apple. Couple that with all the restrictions of itunes and no flash, Droid was an easy choice. After using them both, I like the Droid better, but as others say it still comes down to preference. Each has its strengths.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwood_fanatic View Post
I once had an iphone, and when I called customer support with a variety of issues, they told me that Apple was more of a "computer" company and couldn't fix all the phone issues. So I called AT&T, and they blamed it on Apple. Couple that with all the restrictions of itunes and no flash, Droid was an easy choice. After using them both, I like the Droid better, but as others say it still comes down to preference. Each has its strengths.

I think Apple has proven they are far more than a computer company & I haven't ever had a problem with customer support from Apple or AT&T. If anything both go above & beyond what I expected. Flash would be nice but I don't feel like I've lost anything without it. Not sure what issue you could have with iTunes especially now. I'll take superior form & function of the iPhone over a couple insignificant bells & whistles any day.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #24 (permalink)
RIP CITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by govols/cc View Post
The thing is most Droid users have never had an iPhone & don't have a clue. I know a few people that went with droid from iPhone & every single one hate it & end up going back to iPhone. There are always gonna be those anti-Apple folks that won't admit iPhone is the best no matter what.
I had an iPhone for nearly a year and a half (3GS then 4), now have a Samsung Incite with Droid OS and think the Droid is completely superior. Internet capabilities, applications, OS configuration, you name it and Droid does it better.

It comes down to this: If you're lazy and can't be bothered to fiddle around with your phone and want it to do everything for you in a slick package that anybody with room temperature IQ can figure out, then get an iPhone.

If you're the sort that's constantly tinkering and fiddling with settings or prefer the absolute best web capability out there, then Droid wins.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milohimself View Post
I had an iPhone for nearly a year and a half (3GS then 4), now have a Samsung Incite with Droid OS and think the Droid is completely superior. Internet capabilities, applications, OS configuration, you name it and Droid does it better.

It comes down to this: If you're lazy and can't be bothered to fiddle around with your phone and want it to do everything for you in a slick package that anybody with room temperature IQ can figure out, then get an iPhone.

If you're the sort that's constantly tinkering and fiddling with settings or prefer the absolute best web capability out there, then Droid wins.
Lol. Total idiotic post. Simplicity is part of what makes iPhone the best & there's plenty of tinkering to do to set everything how you want it. The only thing you said that might possibly be right is web capability but I even doubt that it's better or significantly better. I don't have to use the web that much because most everything is built into the iPhone's superior apps but when I do use the web I don't have any problems. FYI I would rather be doing other things than CONSTANTLY having to tinker with settings to get the most out of my phone.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #26 (permalink)

Face it. The iPhone is the smartphone by which all others are measured.

The android does have a bigger screen...........for the visually handicapped.

J/k.....they are both pretty awesome little handheld devices.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
RIP CITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by govols/cc View Post
Lol. Total idiotic post. Simplicity is part of what makes iPhone the best & there's plenty of tinkering to do to set everything how you want it. The only thing you said that might possibly be right is web capability but I even doubt that it's better or significantly better. I don't have to use the web that much because most everything is built into the iPhone's superior apps but when I do use the web I don't have any problems. FYI I would rather be doing other things than CONSTANTLY having to tinker with settings to get the most out of my phone.
I was busy typing a response until I remembered that you like your steaks well done.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
I was busy typing a response until I remembered that you like your steaks well done.
I like a variety of steaks & like them prepared a variety of ways. I can also drink coke or Pepsi, sprite or Sierra mist, bud light or PBR among others. I guess I got it like that.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Or maybe you were busy tinkering with your settings.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #30 (permalink)
VN conasewer

wait, so iphone apps don't access the web to get their info?

customizing electronics is becoming more and more popular as people get more educated and want more than manufacturers are willing to provide. There are those that want it to work the same way out of the box and those that want to be able to make the phone their own
Reply With Quote TOP