3661 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on iPhone vs. Droid Page 12. within the forum The Pub. Yankee dont get all excited because one of your threads finally got alot of attention ...

Go Back   VolNation > Off Topic Forums > The Pub

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #166 (permalink)

Yankee dont get all excited because one of your threads finally got alot of attention
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by govols/cc View Post
Yea he wants to sign out for whatever reason & should be able to. I guess he doesn't want anybody looking at his emails or something. Should be an easy no brainer for any OS. I can do it on my iPhone.
It takes roughly 0.5 seconds to select the option to stop receiving emails from an account on my Droid. It takes slightly longer to put a password on that app to keep anyone from changing any settings. You've also talked about size being a problem for you. My Droid has the same screen size as an iPhone which is easily usable in one hand. Remember not all droids are 4" screens.

I've posed this question twice now with no response, but what can the iPhone do my cheap Droid can't?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-13-2011, 09:52 PM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishinvol View Post
It takes roughly 0.5 seconds to select the option to stop receiving emails from an account on my Droid. It takes slightly longer to put a password on that app to keep anyone from changing any settings. You've also talked about size being a problem for you. My Droid has the same screen size as an iPhone which is easily usable in one hand. Remember not all droids are 4" screens.

I've posed this question twice now with no response, but what can the iPhone do my cheap Droid can't?
Obviously you can't simply log off emails without having to jump through hoops which is pretty much the case with every "better" feature with droid. FYI I told him he could lock it but he wanted to sign completely out. Not like it was a far fetched request but there was no option to do it. Screen size is not a big deal. I had initially wanted the new iPhone to have it but was gonna get it regardless. After holding a bigger phone I was somewhat relieved it stayed the same. As far as what you can do with your droid it's pretty much everything I can do with mine minus Siri & signing out of emails. iPhone just does it better.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #169 (permalink)

seems like the iphone is just so much faster, ill give it that. As far as opening apps and such.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-13-2011, 11:13 PM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by utvolpj View Post
I'm grabbing the Galaxy Nexus for Christmas (provided it's released by then)
I think it'll be out by then. Latest is pointing to a possible Dec 15th date from a Costco flyer.

I'm jealous. An incredible piece of hardware for sure. Verizon is trying to bastardize it by removing Google Wallet but it's still a real beaut. I'm thinking other carriers wont remove gwallet when they get it next year.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2011, 12:35 AM   #171 (permalink)

Quote:
Obviously you can't simply log off emails without having to jump through hoops which is pretty much the case with every "better" feature with droid. FYI I told him he could lock it but he wanted to sign completely out. Not like it was a far fetched request but there was no option to do it. Screen size is not a big deal. I had initially wanted the new iPhone to have it but was gonna get it regardless. After holding a bigger phone I was somewhat relieved it stayed the same. As far as what you can do with your droid it's pretty much everything I can do with mine minus Siri & signing out of emails. iPhone just does it better.
Not having emails sent to the phone is logging out as far as I'm concerned and is done by clicking my account name choosing settings and unsyncing. Easy enough. And Sirius is only slightly more advanced than vlingo on my phone. Sirius still seems to miss a lot of statements when I've seen it used

Oh yea, and my phone was free.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2011, 01:19 AM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishinvol View Post
Not having emails sent to the phone is logging out as far as I'm concerned and is done by clicking my account name choosing settings and unsyncing. Easy enough. And Sirius is only slightly more advanced than vlingo on my phone. Sirius still seems to miss a lot of statements when I've seen it used

Oh yea, and my phone was free.
I'm sure it was free most are. Logging off emails should mean you have to log back in to view or send. Regardless not an issue I have. Siri not sirius is more than slightly advanced than anything droid offers voice control wise don't kid yourself.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2011, 03:47 AM   #173 (permalink)
Harry your alive!!

Quote:
I'm sure it was free most are. Logging off emails should mean you have to log back in to view or send. Regardless not an issue I have. Siri not sirius is more than slightly advanced than anything droid offers voice control wise don't kid yourself.
God man it's like i made love to an iphone and got you instead of herpes. It's truly comical how into this you are!
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2011, 09:14 AM   #174 (permalink)
This We'll Defend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyvols View Post
Yankee dont get all excited because one of your threads finally got alot of attention
I've had plenty
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #175 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by utvolpj View Post
I'm grabbing the Galaxy Nexus for Christmas (provided it's released by then)
The 15th of December is now official. Looking forward to playing with one soon.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #176 (permalink)
VN conasewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volture View Post
God man it's like i made love to an iphone and got you instead of herpes. It's truly comical how into this you are!
one more reason to own an iphone- Valtrex app

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRosenRosen View Post
now I'm just trying to figure out if I can change phones without the wife noticing
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2011, 08:12 PM   #177 (permalink)
VN young gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRosenRosen View Post
Have you tried out the Droid Razr? And if so, what were your thoughts? I'm waiting for the Nexus to come out to compare the two
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2011, 10:07 PM   #178 (permalink)

Haven't yet. I'm doing the same as you...waiting til the Nexus came out before heading to a store and killing two birds.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #179 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volture View Post
Now that is ****ing funny.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #180 (permalink)
My Facts > Your Facts

I've been playing with my new Nexus for about an hour, and absolutely love it so far. I had stayed away from Android because I didn't feel it was polished enough to make me leave the iPhone, but ICS is definitely ready for prime time. Everything flows and integrates really well. I'm sure I'll have some complaints after using it for a while like I did with the iPhone, but I feel really good about the phone now.
Reply With Quote TOP