Underage Citations In Knoxville.

ole_orange

Did any of you guys ever recieve a citation for underage consumption during your time at UT? If so, what happened. I got one last night on the Strip and was just curious as to what the process entails. I'm pissed because I wasn't drunk or causing attention to myself but whatever I'll handle it. Life goes on.

I was walking in the Fort one night with a beer in my hand and 2 bike cops showed up and took it. I don't think I got a ticket though.

I was walking in the Fort one night with a beer in my hand and 2 bike cops showed up and took it. I don't think I got a ticket though.

Your lucky. So far I have had a decent experience with the cops here, but this guy was out for blood. Complete jackass

Your lucky. So far I have had a decent experience with the cops here, but this guy was out for blood. Complete jackass

You'll find those. There's always one or two running around. Buzzcut, bad mustache, sunglasses on head at 11pm.

Most times they'd just take your drink and dump it out and send you on your way. The jackasses will write tickets.

I never got a ticket, but I had a roommate that did. He had to pay a fine and go to some doofy alcohol class. No clue if its changed in the last several years.

There are definitely some Wyatt Earp types on the KPD. First time I was ever in Neyland Stadium in the early seventies I got arrested for having hair too long. They said I was drunk but was standing perfectly still looking at the field and hadn't had a drop to drink. Was an early game and I drank some the night before.

Yep! Worst than that, though, I was on a lawn at the corner of 11th and ? (wherever the street that you cross to go to World's Fair Park) and I went to the curb to give a guy directions somewhere with my cup in my hand, and a cop gave me a citation for open container. (because i went on the sidewalk with my beer)

Did any of you guys ever recieve a citation for underage consumption during your time at UT? If so, what happened. I got one last night on the Strip and was just curious as to what the process entails. I'm pissed because I wasn't drunk or causing attention to myself but whatever I'll handle it. Life goes on.

My roommate during my freshman year was cited for underage consumption and he had to go before the Student Judicial Affairs council. I think he was cited on campus though....

Don't get me wrong, these 2 guys were total douches. I was walking home from that old bar called Dante's. Not there anymore. But I was talking up the big hill that 17th street goes over. I was going the back way through the alleys. Dude's totally followed me like a couple of douches. I was under age at the time.

Got one from UTPD Halloween 2004 on the Strip. I had to go to a 4 hour alcohol class and pay court costs. $200 total I think. I remember having to deal with judicial affairs as well but all they cared about was seeing that I completed the 4 hour class.

Underage isnt a huge deal. Go to court, opt to take an alcohol class and have the thing dropped
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Got caught in the stadium at 3am sitting on the 50 drinking a cold one while on shrooms. Went to court and so I couldn't go to the next 3 home games.

I got one stealing a couch from Farmhouse. Went to a 1 day alcohol class and then UT was dismissed

You were dismissed from UT? Or your ticket was dismissed?

I wouldn't worry about it. Underage consumption is not even close to as big a deal as DUI.

You were dismissed from UT? Or your ticket was dismissed?

I wouldn't worry about it. Underage consumption is not even close to as big a deal as DUI.

If you are talking to me, the ticket was dismissed. I wasn't dismissed from school. I meant to type it, but my iPhone wrote UT

Did you get thrown in jail?

My sophomore year, the cops started taking kids to jail for underage (which they would also charge w public intox). A number of my friends were booked.

Did you get thrown in jail?

My sophomore year, the cops started taking kids to jail for underage (which they would also charge w public intox). A number of my friends were booked.

No jail just a citation, but the cop did drive us home and said if he saw us out again that night he'd arrest us.

Don't get me wrong, these 2 guys were total douches. I was walking home from that old bar called Dante's. Not there anymore. But I was talking up the big hill that 17th street goes over. I was going the back way through the alleys. Dude's totally followed me like a couple of douches. I was under age at the time.

It just sucks, because I am a freshman and have only been here for two weeks. I talked to a lot of people about it since Wednesday night who have dealt with this before. Essentialy it's not that big of a deal, it is just a pain in the ass.

It would be one thing if I was attracting attention to myself by screaming, being beligerent, or even jaywalking, but really man, come on. I was just standing at the Tin Roof parking lot talking with a group of people. I maybe had four beers earlier in the Fort. Randomly I get pulled aside by a squabby KPD who talked like a staight up hick. He asked me if I had been drinking, and politely I told him I wasn't going to lie to him and that I had a few beers earlier but was fine. Literally ten seconds later I am in the back of his car handcuffed. He then turns on Christian radio music so I am hearing that the whole time I am in there. Complete jackass, he would not even respond to me. He was hellbent on taking me to jail but a couple of the brothers from the fraternity that I was rushing with talked to the guy for ten minutes and finally convinced him to give me a citation and just let me go...

Where u pledging?
It just sucks, because I am a freshman and have only been here for two weeks. I talked to a lot of people about it since Wednesday night who have dealt with this before. Essentialy it's not that big of a deal, it is just a pain in the ass.

It would be one thing if I was attracting attention to myself by screaming, being beligerent, or even jaywalking, but really man, come on. I was just standing at the Tin Roof parking lot talking with a group of people. I maybe had four beers earlier in the Fort. Randomly I get pulled aside by a squabby KPD who talked like a staight up hick. He asked me if I had been drinking, and politely I told him I wasn't going to lie to him and that I had a few beers earlier but was fine. Literally ten seconds later I am in the back of his car handcuffed. He then turns on Christian radio music so I am hearing that the whole time I am in there. Complete jackass, he would not even respond to me. He was hellbent on taking me to jail but a couple of the brothers from the fraternity that I was rushing with talked to the guy for ten minutes and finally convinced him to give me a citation and just let me go...

VN Store

Back