Best Whiskey

KnoxVillain

Big Orange Faithless
What's the best whiskey to buy that's in the $30-$50 range that I can find at most liquor stores?

Same question for Bourbon...

Eagle Rare is fantastic. I'm wanting to try Elmer T. Lee (from the same distillery). It's supposed to be an even better bourbon.

Gentleman-Jack-Male-Extravaganza.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Eagle Rare is fantastic. I'm wanting to try Elmer T. Lee (from the same distillery). It's supposed to be an even better bourbon.

Whiskey snobs will tell you Eagle Rare. It's won some awards. But I'll take Elmer T Lee anyday. I think it's better drinking whiskey.

Four Roses is worth a try. I like their single barrel and their small batch. Not as big of a fan of their yellow label.

Eagle rare, 17 year
Elijah craig
Four Roses
Bulliet Frontier
Basil Hayden
Ridgemont Reserve 1792

Eagle rare, 17 year
Elijah craig
Four Roses
Bulliet Frontier
Basil Hayden
Ridgemont Reserve 1792

solid picks.

out of those I like Elijah Craig the most (assuming the Four Roses you are referring to is the yellow)

I like Bulleit the least of those.

people are all about Eagle Rare... one that's similar that I like better is George T Stagg

they are completely different

I have been a fan of Eagle Rare since I purchased my first bottle years ago. Not the 17 year, but the regular bottle is an excellent deal when you are comparing price vs. quality. Price has huge influence on my decisions. I don't want to spend $50 every time I buy bourbon, but I also don't want to buy some crap.

Yes, the Four Roses single barrel bottle is what I have right now.

Gentleman Jack is great for a moderate price. I also like Buffalo Trace which actually owns Eagle Rare.

I personally think Woodford Reserve is overpriced but that's just my opinion.

I have been a fan of Eagle Rare since I purchased my first bottle years ago. Not the 17 year, but the regular bottle is an excellent deal when you are comparing price vs. quality. Price has huge influence on my decisions. I don't want to spend $50 every time I buy bourbon, but I also don't want to buy some crap.

Yes, the Four Roses single barrel bottle is what I have right now.

Gentleman Jack is great for a moderate price. I also like Buffalo Trace which actually owns Eagle Rare.

I personally think Woodford Reserve is overpriced but that's just my opinion.

Agree

Has anyone had the Jack Single Barrel? I'm curious how it tastes and what it runs in price.

watchu talkin bout

Single Barrel is slightly better. They sell a higher proof Single Barrel in Duty Free Shops in foreign countries b/c its illegal in the States. Also in Duty Free Shops you can find a 3L No.7 bottle. So next time you are flying overseas, take a look

Are you guys talking about pints or fifths? I thought Woodford, Eagle Rare, etc...were pretty expensive...

VN Store

Back