Infrared Turkey Cookers and Big Green Egg

Rasputin_Vol

"Slava Ukraina"
I'm thinking of getting one of those infrared fryers over the weekend. Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with them and could they be used for anything else besides turkey? I was thinking it looked like it might be a good way to cook prime rib loin.

Also, the Big Green Egg... My neighbor has one and it works great. But I can't bring myself to spending a grand or more on the grill plus accessories. Is it really worth it?

the few folks I know that have the Big Green Egg, swear by them
but I'm with you can't see dropping that much cash

Know nothing of the IR fryer, but have big green egg and it is worth the cash if you don't mind old school grilling. Great steaks but a hair too warm to smoke.

I think there are a couple knockoffs out there now that do the big sealed insulated thing. Sam's carries one IIRC.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Had neighbors that loved their Egg. Not a lot of grill real estate in one but they made some tasty pizzas on it.

I know two people with an egg. They love it, if I had the money I would buy one.

The knockoffs I heard about are kamados or something like that.

Know nothing of the turkey fryer. I have the old fashioned propane stand.

Ate some pork cooked in the egg once and it was possibly the best tasting food I have ever put in my mouth.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Those infrared fryers are great. Big thick Steaks and roast from frozen to perfectly cooked in 15 min.

VN Store

Back