DirecTV, Dish Network, or Comcast?

What service do you have?

• Total voters

utvols20

I have Comcast, but it's really too overpriced for what you get. I'm looking for different options for TV and High-Speed Internet. I need a good internet connection due to most equipment I use is wireless (360 and Laptop), plus my room is located upstairs to where the router/modem will be located. Comcast's internet has been smooth for gaming. Does anything compare? Thanks for any tips, opinions and recommendations you can give. :hi:

Last edited:
This seems oddly familiar. Are you going to lecture us about the advice we may give and explain to us how wrong we are? Are you a Russian living in New York working at a prestigious law firm?

This seems oddly familiar. Are you going to lecture us about the advice we may give and explain to us how wrong we are? Are you a Russian living in New York working at a prestigious law firm?

You know what? I thought about searching for a related thread, but why hijack a thread when I can make my own. With those questions, makes me wonder if folks from Ashland City are getting enough oxygen to their brains. Thank you for your concern though...

I use Dish Network for my tv and have used DirecTV and Charter(Comcast) before and have been very happy with Dish over the prior. For internet, I dont think anything really touches Charter(Comcast) as far as what you get for the cash. I pay 45.99 for 25Mbps and that is plenty fast enough for me.

You know what? I thought about searching for a related thread, but why hijack a thread when I can make my own. With those questions, makes me wonder if folks from Ashland City are getting enough oxygen to their brains. Thank you for your concern though...

Simmer down, no need to throw insults at me or the town I live in over something you obviously don't understand. There is no related thread that I'm aware of, there is however a classic thread of which I referred, perhaps someone will post a link as I never cared to learn how.

I use charter but as far as cable goes I would prefer Dish over what we have now. As far as the internet is concerned I don't know anything about Dish service, maybe someone else can help you there.

I've answered this here before,but dish for TV, Comcast for internet is the best combo.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I use charter but as far as cable goes I would prefer Dish over what we have now. As far as the internet is concerned I don't know anything about Dish service, maybe someone else can help you there.
I beleive with Dish Network and DirecTV, the only internet is from third party Hughes or WildBlue. For 1.5Mbps WildBlue charges you 79.95 monthly. Hughes will charge you 99.99 for 2.0Mbps or 329.99 for 5Mbps. Both companies have daily download limits in the neighborhood of 500mb.

Correction: DirecTV now offers Verizon, ATT, or Qwest DSL with their services. Hughes and WildBlue are satellite internet that they used to push pretty hard with both Direct and Dish.

Last edited:
Simmer down, no need to throw insults at me or the town I live in over something you obviously don't understand. There is no related thread that I'm aware of, there is however a classic thread of which I referred, perhaps someone will post a link as I never cared to learn how.

Not upset at all fella. Just showing some sarcasm-love.

Bearcat, doesn't Comcast charge you more for Internet if you do not get Cable TV from them?

Bearcat, doesn't Comcast charge you more for Internet if you do not get Cable TV from them?
Not much at all. The only difference that I saw with my bill was from going from a package with tv, internet, and phone to just internet. But for the money cable internet is the way to go, DSL is just weak imo. It does come down to what you use internet for. If you are using it for gaming, movie downloads, or even any heavy downloading, then cable curbstomps DSL.

My perfect scenario would be the DirecTV lineup, with Comcast On Demand and Comcast Internet.

I currently have DirecTV with AT&T DSL. In my experience DirecTV has the best channel lineup and I especially love their commitment to sports, but Comcast has the best On Demand library I have ever seen.

I'm stuck with AT&T 6Mbs DSL which sucks when me and my roommate are both playing Bad Company, lag can get pretty bad at times. What makes it even worse is that AT&T's fiber line stops 25ft away from my front door, and all AT&T would have to do is turn a knob to up my bandwidth.

I have cable now but Verizon has just wired for FIOS fiber optic service. I'll be making the move as soon as it's ready to go.

I have cable now but Verizon has just wired for FIOS fiber optic service. I'll be making the move as soon as it's ready to go.

Big fan of fios. Our area got it very early for some reason and it's been great. Getting rid of Cox cable was a big plus too

I have DishNetwork, both at my cabin in Crossville and at my house here in Midland. My only beef with Direct was that they couldn't provide local channels. Don't know if it was a geographic problem or all over. Love DishNetwork. As for internet, I'm a longtime customer of Clear (formerly Clearwire).I love the product and the customer service.

DirecTV for tv and Comcast for internet. I have had Dish Network, Comcast tv and AT&T DSL in the last year and the only solution I'm happy with is DirecTV with Comcast internet. The picture quality with DirecTV is better, the channel selection for sports is way better and I am paying a better price for tv than with Comcast. Dish Network just sucked for HD picture quality and now they are losing channels to contract disputes. I'd never go back to them.

VN Store

Back