What's up with cap and trade?

A guy on local radio yesterday suggested that if Tax and Trade is passed that the top three producing coal states (Wyoming, West Va, and Kentucky) should form a coal cartel. They could also reasonably include Texas as well.

The cartel could drive up the prices to the northeast and offset their costs of the Tax and Trade. I know it wouldn't happen, but it actually sounded feasible given the amount of coal those three states produce relative to other coal producers.

Yep, gsvol is back. Had back-to-back VN timeouts.

Way to stay on topic and not make it personal, maybe you should take a vacation yourself. :crazy:

I do appreciate the attempt at humor (at my expense even) though, it pays to be light hearted.

At least Lex has the attention span to stick around for the punch line.

A guy on local radio yesterday suggested that if Tax and Trade is passed that the top three producing coal states (Wyoming, West Va, and Kentucky) should form a coal cartel. They could also reasonably include Texas as well.

The cartel could drive up the prices to the northeast and offset their costs of the Tax and Trade. I know it wouldn't happen, but it actually sounded feasible given the amount of coal those three states produce relative to other coal producers.

Surely he jested. First off being that obvious would run afoul of anti-trust law.

In about '74 when Carter's America hating, Arab friendly, idiotic commie loving energy policy saw us lining up for two blocks to get a couple of gallons of overpriced gasoline, the media never attempted to expose the hoax.

They slso didn't report that he demanded the Shah of Iran sign a deal to supply the US with $5 a barrel oil for the next fifty years, (well not the American people, actually Jimmy's phoney cronies) neither did they report that the Moollahs that Jimmy supported in the name of humanitarianism killed more people in a year that Pavlavi had it thirty either.

There was no oil shortage.

What escaped almost everyone's attention was the coal shortage hoax that followed shortly afterwards.

For instance the TVA coal fired plant that produced electricity at Memphis kept a mountain of coal on hand but for some reason that started to dwindle and while the media touted a non existant coal shortage the plant ran completely out of coal and was using front end loaders to scoop out dirt from under the old pile that had been saturated with coal dust and burn that.

Next, after the average brain washed citizen who puts any dependence in the media actually broadcasting the truth had forgotten about the dreaded coal shortage, on page six of the Memphis Comical Apple it was announced that TVA had just signed a contract with a coal company (cartel?) to supply them with coal for the next five years. The thing about it was though that TVA was paying twice the previoius rate per ton. Two weeks later coal on the coal yards that private citizens could buy was back to the original rate. Two months later the coal pile at the TVA plant was mountainous again and I suspect this happened throughout the TVA system.

While the gasoline shortage hoax was going on, gas barges were being hauled in up the Mississippi River at double time to fill up a storage facility at Memphis that took five years to build.

Here is the direction in which the power elites will probably be directing us in the near future after cap and trade legislation is passed.

After all, cap and trade is already in place, all that is needed now if for government to enforce everyone to participate, willingly or not.

Cap and trade will not achieve the goals it purports to attempt any more than the idiotic and counter productive turning food and feed grain into fuel did.

Even with no corruption, cap and trade won't work and I doubt anyone on this board, no matter how much thay may support cap and trade, (or the supposed reasons calling for drastic government action) is really naieve enough to believe this won't be one of the most corrupt programs to ever hit Ameroica.

Interesting article GS

I'm thinking this will be the greatest money laundering scheme in history.

A couple of excerpts;

Treasury chief of staff Mark Patterson clocked lots of time across the street from Capitol grounds. From 2005 until April 11, 2008, he lobbied for Goldman as VP of government relations. While you’d think allowing a former lobbyist to work on an issue he has lobbied for within the past two years would besmirch Obaman ethics, we’ve been assured that he “steps out” of such matters at the Treasury, like a judge stepping down from a case. Yeah, sure he does.

When you ask who’s the biggest winner if the bill goes through, you’ll find the Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX), co-founded by Hank Paulson and Al Gore.

Nice the way they've set up Al Gore to finally be a big money man, part of the pay off for his engineering of the Elk Hills ripoff??

A couple more little nuggets that I don't think I've seen here or anywhere else. At least not yet. Forgive me if it's already been outed.

Cap and Trade Senate Side - Jamie Dupree on wsbradio.com

Old Indian say; "Not take many words to tell truth."

The text of that over 14-hundred page bill will be a starting point for Senators,

Add to that the fact that Henry Waxman wrote most of it, or had it written by his puppetmasters, and anyone with a double digit IQ can't get the drift.

128898524105235591.jpg

From my original link;

Waxman’s folly came to a floor vote before House Members had time to read it.

Ayn Rand has some dialogue in one of her books that goes something like this: "They want to make a law against everything and then selectively enforce it."

VN Store

Back