Athlete
West Palm Beach (FL) Dwyer
Ht: 6-foot-0
Wt: 205 lbs
Class: 2010 (High School)

Rivals Profile
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=88854&sport=1

Last edited:
hmmm, dwyer is only about 3 miles from my office and I know some kids on that team...I might have to do some undercover work.

how do u go behind a coaches back to recruit his player? what business is it of his who talks to him?

I have a feeling that a full court press will be put on 100% of all Florida commits from here on out. Even if we don't get them, Kiffin loves playing head games with Meyer.

Who cares what he does. I am glad we have a coach that would just as soon fight Urban Cryer rather than look at that SCUM.

Most people on here chalk Kiffin's actions up to "letting everybody know he is not scared of anybody!"...I think he has left a bad taste in the mouth's of people that matter. Parents are not impressed by his cockiness(get your facts right pal), nor are high school coaches. I hope he has not tarnished our image to the point we lose out on recruits...the mess at Richardson's high school is more embarrassing than the false accusations of cheating by a fellow coach. Throw in two recruiting violations and what parent wouldn't want to send their kid to play for an unproven winner?? I have a feeling this is not going to turn out well for volnation.

Most people on here chalk Kiffin's actions up to "letting everybody know he is not scared of anybody!"...I think he has left a bad taste in the mouth's of people that matter. Parents are not impressed by his cockiness(get your facts right pal), nor are high school coaches. I hope he has not tarnished our image to the point we lose out on recruits...the mess at Richardson's high school is more embarrassing than the false accusations of cheating by a fellow coach. Throw in two recruiting violations and what parent wouldn't want to send their kid to play for an unproven winner?? I have a feeling this is not going to turn out well for volnation.

did it ever stop Spurrier? no...so stop talking out of your butt

Whose parent would want their kid to play for a coach like Bobby Bowden, who evidently didn't feel that a kid's mother having cancer was a good enough reason to transfer? Evidently just about all of them, because he's still raking in stud recruits. None of the events of these last couple of weeks or so will mean anything to Lane's future in recruiting.

I have a feeling that sane reasoning isn't your best friend.

Whose parent would want their kid to play for a coach like Bobby Bowden, who evidently didn't feel that a kid's mother having cancer was a good enough reason to transfer? Evidently just about all of them, because he's still raking in stud recruits. None of the events of these last couple of weeks or so will mean anything to Lane's future in recruiting.

Reason is not the best friend of internet message boards.

Bobby is still a god in many parts of florida, especially with those over 45
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Bobby is still a god in many parts of florida, especially with those over 45
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Which is why Meyer and Shannon are taking talent away from them. Not saying that FSU doesn't get it's fair share of talent from Florida itself, but Meyer is getting the better prospects in Florida now. This wasn't the case 4-5 years ago, back then it was pretty neutral.

Winning out-weighs all of this by about 1000x.

No, about what Kiffin said. Look at the fiasco that Saban got in with the Dolphins and Bama. That sure didn't effect his street cred with them.

Yeah, thats what I'm saying. Some of the biggest jerks in coaching (Meyer, Saban, Spurrier @ UF) have been able to get recruits because they have won.

The national media could care less about these guys' poor character, all they care about is greatness. If you win, you will become thier darling. This exposure is the best recruiting tool out there.

You play to win the game.

Palm Beach Gardens (Fla.) Dwyer ATH Matt Elam didn't want to wait. Even though he just turned 17 years old, he still wanted to give his commitment to Florida, Rivals.com reported. The 6-foot-0, 205-pound running back/safety also reported scholarship offers from Wisconsin and West Virginia.

"I committed to Florida this morning," Elam told Rivals.com Wednesday. "I have been to camps up there and games at the Swamp. I know the coaches and the relationship is so close. I love the atmosphere at Florida and the Swamp is great. Florida has always been my team and I have always wanted to play there."

Elam posted 16 tackles in a 6-0 loss to rival Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central last week. He will be able to sign with Florida in February 2010. Elam said Florida likes him at the safety position.

18. Matt Elam
5'11" / 195 pounds / Athlete / Dwyer High School / West Palm Beach, Florida
Committed to Florida
Scouting Report: Probably the best two-way high school player in this class. Dominates as both a running back and linebacker, but his frame will likely have him playing safety in college. Elam is kind of a freak of nature, training with NFL guys as a freshman. Incredibly instinctual player, combined with his speed, puts him in position to make a lot of plays. Great finisher on both offense and defense. Has good COD ability, no wasted motion. Pretty impressive strength at contact for his size. With versatility comes the fact that he doesn't really have a natural fit at the next level. Some consider Elam a tweener, but his instincts are so good, I think he could end up Roy Williams reincarnate at safety. Should be one of the front runners for national player of the year awards as a senior.

Class of 2010 ESPNU 150 Watch List athlete Matt Elam was in attendance for Florida's win over Miami last weekend and has the Gators out in front for his services, affiliate Web site GatorCountry.com reports.

He said following the visit, "Florida is still on top for me. That hasn't come close to changing."

West Virginia and Wisconsin have already extended offers to Elam. South Carolina and Georgia are two other programs, like Florida, after the versatile junior

Matt Elam Rankings, Grade, News, Stats - College Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN

Over time these high school coaches will settle down...right now its fresh in there minds!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back