Butch Jones Presser

Volsfaninva917

I'm impressed

"I think it's been verified that we're doing the right things in this program. The past doesn't matter. You can reinvent yourself"

Sounds like maybe he's turning over a new leaf

Reactions: 7 people
I'm impressed

"I think it's been verified that we're doing the right things in this program. The past doesn't matter. You can reinvent yourself"

Don't get too caught up with what Jones says in this presser. Every coach at every program is basically saying the same things.

Reactions: 5 people
So, is it just coach speak or truly is there open competition for every position this spring? With injuries and a cut back on physical practices, how difficult is it for a player to prove himself and rise up the depth chart?

One thing that pissed me off was Butch talking about Rock Gullickson and what a "monumental" effect he's had on the team with strength and conditioning.

Hey Butch, it never should've come to that in the first damn place!

Reactions: 4 people
more folks missing spring practice then I'd like to hear, that stinks: knew about some but not all

Safety Micah Abernathy, defensive back Rashaan Gaulden, wide receiver Brandon Johnson, offensive lineman Brett Kendrick, wide receiver Josh Smith, defensive end Kyle Phillips and defensive tackles Shy Tuttle and Kendal Vickers.

I'm impressed

Chad Withrow of 104.5 just congratulated Jones on making it through an "entire press conference" without saying something that would get him mocked. Progress.

Reactions: 2 people
So, is it just coach speak or truly is there open competition for every position this spring? With injuries and a cut back on physical practices, how difficult is it for a player to prove himself and rise up the depth chart?

Coachspeak with the exception of a handful of positions.

So we're in for another year of O&W drills, with too many injured players to field a game?

Let's make a drinking game.

One drink for the following:

Accountability
Daily
Competitive
Standpoint
Tough
Aspect
Football Team
Very Very
Individual
Growth
Identity
Details
Communicate

Down beverage when Butch pulls a Saban and gets angry/admonishes a reporter.

Let's make a drinking game.

One drink for the following:

Accountability
Daily
Competitive
Standpoint
Tough
Aspect
Football Team
Very Very
Individual
Growth
Identity
Details
Communicate

Down beverage when Butch pulls a Saban and gets angry/admonishes a reporter.

Par-tick-u-lar

VN Store

Back