Grey jerseys

Can't believe Butch showed these off before we wear them. WIth as much energy as he runs with, I figured he would have done this without telling fans and get the crowd fired up vs UGA.

Can't believe Butch showed these off before we wear them. WIth as much energy as he runs with, I figured he would have done this without telling fans and get the crowd fired up vs UGA.

I think he was trying to start the season with a ton of excitement. That excitement has died down somewhat after 2 lack-luster performances.

The grey unis will take some the focus off the team next week.

I see your point. But I'm 99% sure the reason they were revealed early was two-fold:
1.) Create some excitement and a perception of freshness and change around our program to infuse recruits with excitement about the Tennessee Vols

and

2.) Build anticipation among the fan base and have the fans salivating over the Smokey jerseys in order to sell a butt-load upon release. (We are in the red financially, or at least close to it)

But to your point, I do agree that surprising everybody with them on gameday would have been epic! (and I don't throw that word around much)

Reactions: 1 person

If you think jersey's win games... Then we have bigger problems with our program

VN Store

Back