EMERGENCY QUESTION: decent sports bar in Knoxville?

Vercingetorix

Fluidmaster
Headed up there this weekend. I need a place to watch the NFC championship game that isn't my dad's living room. Preferably with good draft beer. My folks live in the Cedar Bluff area, but I am my wife is willing to drive a ways if someplace is worth it. Any suggestions?

(Yes, I know this is the wrong forum. I'll move it myself in a little while.)

Causal Pint has great beer selection and they have tv's that I am sure will be on the game. Very relaxed atmosphere. There one in Market Square and another one off one Kingston Pike but I can't remember the name of the road it's on off of Kingston Pike.

Reactions: 2 people
The Half Barrel

If you want to go to a college bar, don't mind some of the worst service in Knoxville, and don't mind to walk a little ways to get there (Half Barrel doesn't have a parking lot), then I can't possibly think of a better suggestion than Half Barrel. Considering that you said you're in your 40's I would suggest you look elsewhere.

I like Bailey's and it's very close to Cedar Bluff.

Bailey's Sports Bar & Grille
250 North Seven Oaks Drive, Knoxville, TN
Windsor Square
(865) 531-2644 ‎ · baileyspubandgrille.com

Reactions: 3 people
Headed up there this weekend. I need a place to watch the NFC championship game that isn't my dad's living room. Preferably with good draft beer. My folks live in the Cedar Bluff area, but I am my wife is willing to drive a ways if someplace is worth it. Any suggestions?

There isn't one. Its sad.

Reactions: 1 person
If you want to go to a college bar, don't mind some of the worst service in Knoxville, and don't mind to walk a little ways to get there (Half Barrel doesn't have a parking lot), then I can't possibly think of a better suggestion than Half Barrel. Considering that you said you're in your 40's I would suggest you look elsewhere.

Okay. First, I'm not in my 40s. OP is. Second, I've always had great service there, especially on game days. It's winter, and there are plenty of places to park within .2 miles for free. Quit being a little girl about it. He's not asking to go to a martini bar with valet parking.

Reactions: 6 people

Bailey's is good, too much cigarette smoke though. I go to Smoky Mountain Brewery in Turkey Creek often, although some ppl don't like the fact that they only serve their own brew. But its good beer!

Reactions: 2 people
Cedar Bluff?

In that case, Long Branch Saloon! And in case Knoxville is attacked by bombers on Sunday, it is the perfect place to be. You can hide under the urinal because ain't no one hit it yet!

Reactions: 1 person
Tin Roof and Half Barrel are the 2 best IMO. Copper celler has good food though depends what your looking for

Ah, I should have mentioned that I'm 42 years old.

Ha. Gotcha. Too many memories there; I'll probably be going back when I am 70.

On a serious note, there is a place right off Kingston Pike (on the left, driving West away from campus). My ex's father was big into beer. It was on his list to go to. There have been bikes and runs set up to and from campus to this place. They are suppose to have a large beer selection.

Roosters is place in West Knoxville. I had a few buddies that loves to go there.

Wild Wing Cafe in West Knoxville.

B-Dubs on the strip.

If you don't want wings, you might want to try Barley's in the Old City.

I am not quite sure what you are looking for.

If you are trying to avoid the college area I would recommend Rooster's to watch the game, it is located on Northshore and Morrell and has a great NFL atmosphere on Sundays.

And to add a note on the Half Barrell. If there is any bar on the strip (campus area) that tends to serve an older crowd it would be the one. I've had no issue with their service. They have a very large beer selection and some really good food.

A place that is sports-centric enough that the game will be on several large screens, preferably with the game audio piped over the speakers. I know plenty of decent bars in Knoxville that will have the game on a TV hanging behind the bar, but I'd like to find one where the primary thing going on will be football fans watching it. I.e., a sports bar. I know a bunch of them down here but none up in Knoxville.

Ha. Gotcha. Too many memories there; I'll probably be going back when I am 70.

On a serious note, there is a place right off Kingston Pike (on the left, driving West away from campus). My ex's father was big into beer. It was on his list to go to. There have been bikes and runs set up to and from campus to this place. They are suppose to have a large beer selection.

Roosters is place in West Knoxville. I had a few buddies that loves to go there.

Wild Wing Cafe in West Knoxville.

B-Dubs on the strip.

If you don't want wings, you might want to try Barley's in the Old City.

closed

VN Store

Back