VolNation

VolNation (http://www.volnation.com/forum/)
-   Tennessee Vols Basketball (http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-basketball/)
-   -   coRUPPt Arena strikes again (http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-basketball/187282-coruppt-arena-strikes.html)

87Vol 01-15-2013 07:39 PM

coRUPPt Arena strikes again

We just got Slived by the refs on the flagrant call. It should have been a double flagrant, if anything, but no it goes all Kensucky's way.

Gee I'm so shocked!

loggervol 01-15-2013 07:44 PM

they went back 10 seconds to find out what happened...thats my biggest problem with the call.that's bullshiz.....

sonofUT62 01-15-2013 07:47 PM

Just let Cauley-Stein get away with a blatant up and down.

87Vol 01-15-2013 07:49 PM

Yep we are definitely getting Slived by the refs. No way Mike Slive is going to continue to allow Kensucky to lose and miss the tourney.

cjbongoinstructor 01-15-2013 07:50 PM

i have never seen such a thing in my life with this call. honestly, i know i am making more out of this then i should but it makes me question the integrity of college bball (and want to stop watching). correct me if Im wrong:

Mcbee did throw the bow HOWEVER the refs did not call the foul until 10 seconds later on a completely DIFFERENT play. how in the steven pearl can you go to the replay to call fouls retroactively like that?

seriously take a second to think about that, what would happen if its like duke vs unc in the tourney championship and with 1 second left the ref stops the clock and reviews the entire game retroactively calling fouls he or she didnt see....utterly ridiculous.

rant over folks my apologies but im fired up

zjcvols 01-15-2013 07:56 PM

They've missed every UK carry and walk (five by my estimation).

UT had twelve fouls, UK had four.

Stokes is getting hammered on every play.

Yemi sets a legal screen, gets called as illegal.

Ridiculous. I hate watching a game like this.

OrangeBalls 01-15-2013 07:58 PM

Ky has shot 10 free throws to UT's zero. Typical pathetic sh*t calls by the refs. It would be comical if it weren't so damn pathetic.

zjcvols 01-15-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBalls (Post 8142984)
Ky has shot 10 free throws to UT's zero. Typical pathetic sh*t calls by the refs. It would be comical if it weren't so damn pathetic.

I like the illegal pick by Yemi that nobody in college basketball calls except when a team is playing UK at Rupp.

IMB 01-15-2013 08:01 PM

The officiating is absolutely horrible. The real sad part is we have misses enough layups to be up ten points despite the blue loving refs.

Cartervol 01-15-2013 08:04 PM

Stokes just needs to go ahead and knock those Kentucky bean poles about 3 rows deep in the crowd..

DERELICK_MY_VOLS 01-15-2013 08:04 PM

I saw a foul called once against Kentucky in favor of Tennessee .....the year was 1997....I believe.

rush1228 01-15-2013 08:05 PM

the rule is you can go back look at replay with a blow above the neck but the orignal call was a foul on ky.so after the foul shots how does ky get the ball?after treys layup with about 2 min left in half,the ky player had one foot over the line when he in bounded the ball.

OrangeBalls 01-15-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zjcvols (Post 8142992)
I like the illegal pick by Yemi that nobody in college basketball calls except when a team is playing UK at Rupp.

Actually, Ky has shot 11 FT's to UT's zero. Yahoo hadn't updated their stats yet.

One of my biggest beefs with Martin is he doesn't ride the refs hard enough. Slimeball influenced the flagrant call and UT went from up 3 to down by 6. Martin needs to get in the refs faces at times. You have to on the road if you want to get some kind of calls your way.

McCat 01-15-2013 08:08 PM

omg you girls sound like ky football fans.

OrangeBalls 01-15-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian McCat (Post 8143059)
omg you girls sound like ky football fans.

Nah, we've actually won a few games and SEC titles.

The rupparees never fail to disappoint.