Conzo & Dooley

bobbyutvol

IMO both were bad hires. We are already falling fast in basketball just like football. Hamilton really did a number on the Vols, We need a new basketball coach now before it hits bottom. Where is Bruce, bring him back now.

Reactions: 7 people
IMO both were bad hires. We are already falling fast in basketball just like football. Hamilton really did a number on the Vols, We need a new basketball coach now before it hits bottom. Where is Bruce, bring him back now.

How did this slop end up in this forum? Credibility hit with your "conzo" spelling, btw.

Reactions: 1 person
I for one am all for a CBP return to Rocy Top!! I never got into UT basketball til the Pearl arrived on the Hill then I didn't miss a game. Imagine all the energy around campus with Coach Jones and Coach Pearl both here!

Reactions: 9 people
1. This thread should not be in the recruiting forum.
2. Cuonzo is a good coach. He almost got a terrible team (from a talent perspective) into the tournament last year.
3. Cuonzo's best player, arguably, is redshirting this season due to injury (again, he inherited a bad team with no depth).
4. He's recruited and signed Robert Hubbs, a top 20 player nationally.

Get over your sour grapes from losing to Ole Miss last night. They aren't a bad team.

Reactions: 6 people
Coach Zo took a team picked to finish 11th in the SEC, to 2nd..and he's missing his best player on the team by far this year.

Moron.

Reactions: 3 people

I don't remember Dooley finishing second in the SEC during his tenure.

I for one am all for a CBP return to Rocy Top!! I never got into UT basketball til the Pearl arrived on the Hill then I didn't miss a game. Imagine all the energy around campus with Coach Jones and Coach Pearl both here!

oh man, you're such a good fan to only go to games when pearl was here

Cant even come close to comparing the 2. CCM will do well at UT. He is getting some very good recruits, but not having his best player, or at worse 2nd best player in Maymon is hurting UT and Stokes. They are having a hard time getting inside with having Maymon and Stokes in there and instead they shoot 30+ 3's a game and we just dont have great long range shooters. Hubbs coming in next year and Maymon being back and hopefully Stokes coming back for his JR year we will have a very good team next year. Dooley was a Douche, players didnt like him and he just plain sucked as a coach. Cuonzo is liked, respected and will have UT basketball back when he gets his the talent in to compete.

Wow, OP. Just when I thought the idiocy from last night's loss was over, you go and impress us with this little gem. :no:

1. This thread should not be in the recruiting forum.
2. Cuonzo is a good coach. He almost got a terrible team (from a talent perspective) into the tournament last year.
3. Cuonzo's best player, arguably, is redshirting this season due to injury (again, he inherited a bad team with no depth).
4. He's recruited and signed Robert Hubbs, a top 20 player nationally.

Get over your sour grapes from losing to Ole Miss last night. They aren't a bad team.
He brought in Stokes last year that was supposed to be our best player this year. He just hasn't coached him up to potential. Cuonzo ain't a bad coach I just honestly think Pearl was better! Pearl started with nothing and went to tournaments he didn't "almost" make it!!

oh man, you're such a good fan to only go to games when pearl was here

Thanks for noticing!!! But if you would ask instead of ASSuming I didn't go to games I either watched on the tube or listened on the radio!! But again thanks for noticing what a great fan I am!!

Cuonzo and Dooley shouldn't even be in the same sentence. Cuonzo did a great job at his last stop. Dooley was the worst hire in UT history in any sport.

He brought in Stokes last year that was supposed to be our best player this year. He just hasn't coached him up to potential. Cuonzo ain't a bad coach I just honestly think Pearl was better! Pearl started with nothing and went to tournaments he didn't "almost" make it!!

So what is Pearl's excuse for Hopson?

I like Pearl don't get me wrong, but if you are going to use it against Cuonzo, then why not use it against Pearl too?

As a fan, one thing I find distressing is that no one is talking about UT basketball now (and for good reason). Shortly after Bruce arrived, everyone was talking about UT basketball.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

So what is Pearl's excuse for Hopson?

I like Pearl don't get me wrong, but if you are going to use it against Cuonzo, then why not use it against Pearl too?

Pearl had a more exciting team to watch and he found ways to win with the lesser talent he had when he 1st got here that was all I was saying.

Pearl had a more exciting team to watch and he found ways to win with the lesser talent he had when he 1st got here that was all I was saying.

No, I get what you're saying. I loved the Controlled Chaos offense he ran in the beginning. However the half court there towards the end was pretty bland. Also, Tony jones is a clown and everyone should be happy he is not affiliated with the program anymore. Now if he would just leave the area.

I don't agree with this assessment at all. Look at what he's done with McRae. I think CCM has done a great job with McRae. He's turning into what we hoped he'd turn into.

Did Pearl "coach up" any player he had at UT? Hopson? Hall? Anyone?

Pearl also had more than one year to get his team to the tournament, and Calipari wasn't at UK. CCM been the coach all of one year, and he won SEC coach of the year. C'mon man.

No, I get what you're saying. I loved the Controlled Chaos offense he ran in the beginning. However the half court there towards the end was pretty bland. Also, Tony jones is a clown and everyone should be happy he is not affiliated with the program anymore. Now if he would just leave the area.

Agreed ^ maybe 1 day we can get back to that level of competition and excitement but until them ill continue to support CCM!!! GBO

Pearl didn't have a 1st team all SEC player when he got here. He took a nothing of a team and made a winner out of them .

not entirely true. Pearl had a legit PG and legit shooters already on campus when he arrived.

VN Store

Back