the Lady Vols are ranked 9th

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
in both polls,it was a heck of a week as they did a fine job of playing against ranked SEC foes,they are playing at about what i expected with a young team,they have been up and down,according to who they have been playing,now if they can get over the first half playing woes,they will do good the rest of the regular season

coach Holly Warlick has been doing a fine job so far,now we will see if she can get the Ladys off to some better starts,that will be very important as the rest of the regular year plays out,there gaining valuable experience each and every game,i believe the Baylor and Stanford game was more the mental aspect of the game,that cause the poor play in the first half of those games

now lets hope for no more injury's and a speedy recovery to Burdick this year and Carter for next year,there down to 9 players and there has been a Phillips sighting or two

post your thoughts about what is needed,for the rest of the regular season

Go Lady Vols

Last edited:
Wow, we keep moving up like really fast huh? Went from 10th > 9th in a snap. Just keep on keeping on for the Lady Vols. Go out & play with heart & emotion....never give up till it's over. Harrison & Graves should be a big factor to any team that has us on their schedule & nobody can leave out Spani & Speedy or Ariel for that matter. Looks like we will be good to go with all the coaching up that goes with all that. GBO. :good!: :rock:

in both polls,it was a heck of a week as they did a fine job of playing against ranked SEC foes,they are playing at about what i expected with a young team,they have been up and down,according to who they have been playing,now if they can get over the first half playing woes,they will do good the rest of the regular season

coach Holly Warlick has been doing a fine job so far,now we will see if she can get the Ladys off to some better starts,that will be very important as the rest of the regular year plays out,there gaining valuable experience each and every game,i believe the Baylor and Stanford game was more the mental aspect of the game,that cause the poor play in the first half of those games

now lets hope for no more injury's and a speedy recovery to Burdick this year and Carter for next year,there down to 9 players and there has been a Phillips sighting or two

post your thoughts about what is needed,for the rest of the regular season

Go Lady Vols

I don't think Phillips will be back next year. She hasn't shown much of anything on the court, and she has already faced academic issues off the court. While I look forward to the rest of this year, next year could be very special. Consider this lineup:

C- Russell, Harrison

PF- Graves

SF- Burdick, Jones

SG- Simmons, Reynolds

PG- Carter, Massingale

The only problem is that Graves would have to play close to 40 a night, but I think she could do it easily. Anything we get out of Moore, Phillips, or Tucker would be gravy. I've already given my opinion of Phillips, and Moore will simply be buried on the depth chart if she decides to come back. Tucker will be coming off an acl tear, so I have no idea whether or not she will be able to contribute. Regardless, she will be a good player in the future even if she has to redshirt next year.

I don't think Phillips will be back next year. She hasn't shown much of anything on the court, and she has already faced academic issues off the court. While I look forward to the rest of this year, next year could be very special. Consider this lineup:

C- Russell, Harrison

PF- Graves

SF- Burdick, Jones

SG- Simmons, Reynolds

PG- Carter, Massingale

The only problem is that Graves would have to play close to 40 a night, but I think she could do it easily. Anything we get out of Moore, Phillips, or Tucker would be gravy. I've already given my opinion of Phillips, and Moore will simply be buried on the depth chart if she decides to come back. Tucker will be coming off an acl tear, so I have no idea whether or not she will be able to contribute. Regardless, she will be a good player in the future even if she has to redshirt next year.

yea it isn't looking good for Phillips,i don't think it is all just academics for her,it seems she has been in the doghouse all year long,but i did see something about a hip injury earlier in the year,but I'm not sure about that,Moore has looked pretty decent at times this year,but there hasn't been much playing time for her, I just read up on Russell,doesn't look good for Nia,but there is room as far as bodies go

thank you Freak or one of his minions for the change :hi:

#1DicksonVolFan do you think CHW just takes 3 this year ? i don't even know if the Lady Vols are in on any more recruits,from what i have read about Russell.Tucker and Reynolds,it shall be a impressive group,i do wish Tucker a speedy recovery too

Spani and Willaims will graduate this year and if Phillips doesn't come back,that will be 8 on the team left,along with the 3 coming in,which will be 11 players again

10 if Nia Moore leaves,I think they need more bodies rather than just carrying 11 players,but of course they need quality rather than just numbers

thank you Freak or one of his minions for the change :hi:

#1DicksonVolFan do you think CHW just takes 3 this year ? i don't even know if the Lady Vols are in on any more recruits,from what i have read about Russell.Tucker and Reynolds,it shall be a impressive group,i do wish Tucker a speedy recovery too

Spani and Willaims will graduate this year and if Phillips doesn't come back,that will be 8 on the team left,along with the 3 coming in,which will be 11 players again

10 if Nia Moore leaves,I think they need more bodies rather than just carrying 11 players,but of course they need quality rather than just numbers

Three is all we will get this year. I agree about Moore, she will probably stay but only play mop-up duty. We won't have numbers next year, but quality is much more important. This year has been unusual in terms of injuries, hopefully next year we can stay healthy. If we do, our potential has no limit.

I'm worried about injures this year,due to the numbers,the Lady Vols can't afford many more injures this year

I think the lady vols have a good shot at getting a 2 seed this year the way they are playing. I also think that they are capable of beating any of the top 4 teams really if they are healthy and play to their ability and the other team doesn't have just an amazing game. They sadly don't have a single game changer like those other teams do, but we should have one next year.

I think the lady vols have a good shot at getting a 2 seed this year the way they are playing. I also think that they are capable of beating any of the top 4 teams really if they are healthy and play to their ability and the other team doesn't have just an amazing game. They sadly don't have a single game changer like those other teams do, but we should have one next year.

Graves is quickly becoming that game changer.

Reactions: 2 people
A good goal for this team is to win the SEC. They are off to a good start but still have KY and A&M at the end of a long season. Freshmen tend to wear down some as a season progresses and we do not have a lot of depth. I think we have already seen Graves a bit run down at times. High school seasons are not as long and grueling as in college so the upperclassmen usually shine more at the end of the year or in the tournament when experience and conditioning really come to the forefront. This team is very tenn-acious so it will be interesting to see if they can overcome those challenges.

This is a solid 10-15 ranked team with the ability to be a top 5-10 team if things go well. We are certainly playing better than expected. If we can get a two seed and can get Stanford as the 1 seed in our bracket I think we can beat them. I don't see us beating UConn or Baylor this year though. Not sure who the other top seed will be.

We need a strong finish to prove we are still an elite team and to keep the talent flowing in. I think a lot of recruits had a wait and see attitude this year but we finished with a strong class anyway... which bodes really well for us now that we have on the court successes to point towards.

VN Store

Back