2nd Half Surge Lifts #12 UT Past #10 UGA

VN News

Tennessee scored the first nine points of the second half and led the remainder of the way as the No. 12/13 Lady Vols knocked off No. 10/11 Georgia, 79-66.
media-icon-photogallery.gif
PHOTOS

More...

Love this team. They play hard, and they are not intimidated.

Coach Jones needs to have his football team watching this team to see how hustle, determination, and winning attitude pays off.

If we only had our injured players, we would really be in good shape.

Glory Johnson was a great player and she hustled and played hard all the time. Graves reminds me so much of Glory, except Graves can score and do even more things, and she is only a freshman. Can't imagine how good she can become.

Spani always hustles, and even when her shots do not fall, she never lets up or gets down.

Harrison has turned into a real star from Freshman to Soph. She is doing great.

Jones looked good today, and will get even better.

Simmons has bought into playing defense. She still makes some bad plays, but her hustle and the large number of good plays makes up for it.

Will not name them all, but it was a great win today over a very good Georgia team. Our Lady Vols keep getting better and better. It has been quite a while since we had a team that played this hard and consistently on defense, or this aggressive on offense.

Love this team!!!

Go Lady Vols! Keep it up!

Reactions: 5 people
This coaching staff is getting the job done. I knew going into the year that being ranked 24th was stupid and picked to finish 5th in the SEC. We may not win it, but we will be knocking on the door. People were just hoping we would be down but we are still TENNESSEE!! Go Lady Vols!!

Reactions: 1 person
Those Lady Dawgs didn't know what hit them the second half. The first half, it was close with the Dawgs leading by 2 at the break. Then > BOOM. The Dawgs go back to GA with their tails between their legs...and that's a good thang. Coach Warlick & staff are doing a fine job for now. They just need to come out in the first half & build on a lead & keep the hammer down all game. That's what they will work on this next practice before the next game. So we will see if there will be an improvement in the first half next game. GBO & Go Lady Vols. Make us proud to cheer ya. :loco:

I agree with everything you said, jim. This team is a lot of fun to watch.

I do wish they would get off to a good start and keep the hammer down,but things are clicking now,2 very good wins,i do worry about injures,like i have said before,there short on the numbers of players available,what is it 9 players now ? Carter is gone till next year and Burdick can be gone up to 6 weeks,here is to hoping for no more injures this year

Go Lady Vols

:good!:A very nice win over a very good team ... our ladies are really giving great effort and it shows. Good job gals ... :good!:

How do you feel about this team,
Love this team. They play hard, and they are not intimidated.

Coach Jones needs to have his football team watching this team to see how hustle, determination, and winning attitude pays off.

If we only had our injured players, we would really be in good shape.

Glory Johnson was a great player and she hustled and played hard all the time. Graves reminds me so much of Glory, except Graves can score and do even more things, and she is only a freshman. Can't imagine how good she can become.

Spani always hustles, and even when her shots do not fall, she never lets up or gets down.

Harrison has turned into a real star from Freshman to Soph. She is doing great.

Jones looked good today, and will get even better.

Simmons has bought into playing defense. She still makes some bad plays, but her hustle and the large number of good plays makes up for it.

Will not name them all, but it was a great win today over a very good Georgia team. Our Lady Vols keep getting better and better. It has been quite a while since we had a team that played this hard and consistently on defense, or this aggressive on offense.

Love this team!!!

Go Lady Vols! Keep it up!

Did I hear that the Lady Dogs had 3 Tennessee girls in their starting lineup?

Did I hear that the Lady Dogs had 3 Tennessee girls in their starting lineup?

I think so, and 4 on the team. How did we miss out on these ladies? Did they just want to leave home and play elsewhere or what?

I just finished watching the replay and these ladies have got it going. Graves plays like a senior. She rebounds like Glory but shoots around the basket like Gwen Jackson. Shar is awesome. Jones played well as did Kamiko.

All players contributed to a great win. We have got Landers' number...no doubt about
It.

I love to watch these ladies play.

How do you feel about this team,

Graves is the best freshman player I have seen here in a while. She seems to be under control but still runs the floor, rebounds, score from the floor, and hits free throws while playing great defense. Like Glory, she is in great physical condition and I think, enjoys playing the game as much as any player I've seen in the last 8-10 years. We have a real star in the making. I also we are getting the best play at the 5 we have had in a long time. What a difference from last year. I will be interesting to see Harrison and MH playing together next year. I wonder if we go to a double low post next year. I am impressed with the play of this young team and believe the future is in good hands.

Last edited:
I agree. Graves not only has great potential she is producing now. I really like our roster and with injuries we can't have enough players.

Kamiko is steady and Simmons is streaky. Taber was helping with rebounding and Jones had a career game. I like what this team brings.

They just need to play the first half like the second. Maybe Holly needs to have the half-time talk before the game.

VN Store

Back