'14 FL LB Greg Miclisse

ionaVOL

Last edited:
Yea so we can get in on the ground floor on this kid. We will need linebackers badley We could lose five linebackers next year. Johnson and Maggitt could go pro and Fugate and Sapp will graduate and so will John Propst.

Johnson and Maggitt will be back. But we need 6-7 good LBs next class. Around 5-7 DL, and around 5-6 DBs. Then take 3-4 OL, 4 WRs, 2 RBs, 1-2 QBs, and 2 TEs. Would help to cut a little weight and oversign a bit too.

Johnson and Maggitt will be back. But we need 6-7 good LBs next class. Around 5-7 DL, and around 5-6 DBs. Then take 3-4 OL, 4 WRs, 2 RBs, 1-2 QBs, and 2 TEs. Would help to cut a little weight and oversign a bit too.

I have seen AJ as a 1st rounder in several 2014 NFL mock drafts. Don't just assume he's coming back. Maggitt needs weight and experience proving he can stay healthy. I see him coming back.

Agreed...LB will be key in this class. I'd like to see him playing a little more standing up to see how he flies to the ball...hard to see his speed when he has his hand down a lot.

I haven't read it anywhere but I would be shocked if AJ is not projected in the 1st round next year if he is healthy. I could see someone like the Bears going after him as a replacement for Urlacher.

That site had Bray going number one overall this year, at this time last year. No way Johnny football leaves, and is taken that high. I don't put too much stock into Walter football.

Last edited:
I see little difference in Miclisse and Zanca

maybe he's got better foot speed.
:dunno:

I have seen AJ as a 1st rounder in several 2014 NFL mock drafts. Don't just assume he's coming back. Maggitt needs weight and experience proving he can stay healthy. I see him coming back.

AJ as a first round projection??? I'm not being really critical but I don't see it yet. I've seen other first round MLBs in the past and they were making quite a bit more impact plays that warranted a first round grade.

I saw him last year in the playoffs against Miami Central. He's got a nice game. He's a take.

That site had Bray going number one overall this year, at this time last year. No way Johnny football leaves, and is taken that high. I don't put too much stock into Walter football.

Well, that's just one person's opinion. I have seen a couple others as well with him going in the 1st, which tells me their is either a consensus opinion amongst draft junkies that he has 1st round potential, or they are all copying each other. Of course, it's a very early projection and players can either improve on their potential, or fade from it. Time will tell.

AJ as a first round projection??? I'm not being really critical but I don't see it yet. I've seen other first round MLBs in the past and they were making quite a bit more impact plays that warranted a first round grade.

Some project him on the outside in the NFL too, though I like to think of him playing inside. He's only a sophomore and was 4th in the nation in tackles, so I'm not sure what has left you unimpressed. Is he Luke Kuechly, or even Manti Teo right now? Of course not, but he is awfully productive and has started from down one in the SEC. Those projections are a year and a half down the road, but several seem to agree his production plus his potential could put him in the 1st round after his junior year. NFLdraftbible.com has him as the #1 ILB in his class.

Reactions: 1 person
@Gblack_DidDat3: Just talked to Coach Thigpen! I guess them UT coaches really need me he say! #Vols

It's great to see us getting in on 2014 recruits already. It shows that this staff is not wasting a moment with recruiting and are capitalizing on ll potential prospects for next year.

VN Store

Back