Ht:6'2"
Wt:273 lbs
40:4.91 secs
Bench Max:305
Class:2013 (High School)

Bobby Billingsley - Yahoo! Sports

Teammate of Christian Morris.

Bobby Billingsley Jr. Highlights (2013) #55 - YouTube

"(Offensive line coach Sam) Pittman and coach (Darin) Hinshaw are coming up on Wednesday. They said they wanted to see me work in person. I think I need to show them that I'm big enough and good enough to play in the SEC.

"I have been talking a good bit to Jason Carr and Frank Herron," Billingsley said. "I also talk a lot to Jalen Reeves-Maybin. They put us out of the playoffs last year and I got to know him at the U.S. Army All-American combine. We have just stayed in touch since then."

"I hope they like what they see this week and I get an offer," Billingsley offered.

-VQ

His contact with TN is increasing. We are going to evaluate him this week and he plans on coming to camp in June to prove himself. He talks to Carr, Herron, and JRM a lot (See a pattern here???).

Reactions: 1 person
His contact with TN is increasing. We are going to evaluate him this week and he plans on coming to camp in June to prove himself. He talks to Carr, Herron, and JRM a lot (See a pattern here???).

This is exactly what I was thinking! Carr is already committed to us, and we are in good shape with Maybin. Many think we aren't even in Herron's top 5, but what Billingsley said in this quote speaks volumes, I believe. I get the feeling sometimes that these in-state kids have gotten together and said, "hey, we have a great in-state class this year...let's keep it together and go help bring the #1 program in this state back to national prominence."
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This is exactly what I was thinking! Carr is already committed to us, and we are in good shape with Maybin. Many think we aren't even in Herron's top 5, but what Billingsley said in this quote speaks volumes, I believe. I get the feeling sometimes that these in-state kids have gotten together and said, "hey, we have a great in-state class this year...let's keep it together and go help bring the #1 program in this state back to national prominence."

I sure do hope your right I would love for over half this class to be from TN. Back in 98 most of your starters were from TN so maybe dooley did his history

People wonder why we haven't offered Crane (OL from California), and it's because we have similar in-state talent, which, if/when we land, helps us get the other premiere in-state talent.

Reactions: 4 people
People wonder why we haven't offered Crane (OL from California), and it's because we have similar in-state talent, which, if/when we land, helps us get the other premiere in-state talent.

Exactly! Didn't know we had a true center until this thread came up. Good to see!

I have a serious feeling that the athletic budget this year has added a few blackhawk helipcopters and the staff is planning a no holdsbarred air raid on Memphis.

Good luck Boys!

Reactions: 2 people
Nice film. That offensive line looks well coached. Thing I like about him is he drive blocks with power and good technique, as opposed to crane who tends to get his hands outside.

Check out how he handles the monster tackle at the 5:15 mark. Dude looks about 320 and BB drives him 7 yards off the ball (some help from center but still impressive).

Needs to work on his mobility but I like his potential. He plays just about every position on the line.

Who was the guy questioning me about Herron? We are most definitely a factor for him. He hasn't visited here much at all. That will change.

The whole Herron debate sprung off of the teenage Vandy troll. Things spiraled from there Lynx. Herron definitely has a lot of options but we'll be in that fight to the end.

Actually JRM said this very thing when talking to Carr and Gray, among others.

While I think TN would have offered Crane (his being similar to Cochran's recruitment last yr), targeting and keeping in-state talent should be a priority. However, having a constant presence and developing relationships, particularly in West Tennessee and Mid-to-West Southern TN along border states, and winning will entice premier in-state talent to stay and sign with Tennessee, IMO.

Just for fun, I like to tweak the setting on the recruit search on Rivals.com. When I first heard about Crane and us not offering I went to Rivals and looked up the top Cs in the country. As of today, Billingsley is one of the top Cs in the 2013 class (try this link). Just so happens that he's the teammate of Christian Morris.

Per 247, Billingsley said he soon expects Tennessee to offer. His parents are Tennessee fans, he is going to visit w/in the next few weeks w/ his teammate Christian Morris.

I still like Crane better at the C pos. than Billingsley..
And distance may have been a risk and us already having similar talent here in the state but I think we missed out on one..

Last edited:
He said he’s already somewhat familiar with Tennessee, and he’s hoping to accompany teammate Christian Morris — a three-star offensive tackle who’s ranked the state’s No. 9 prospect — on an upcoming visit to Knoxville to learn more about the Vols. “Me and Christian are planning on going up there in a couple of weeks, just for a visit,” said Billingsley, who has played some at tackle out of necessity at East but is viewed by most schools as a center or guard prospect.

He said last week that he doesn’t “have a leader yet,” but he recently has told 247Sports that Ole Miss is “at the top of my list.”

Last edited:
Keith Niebuhr ‏@KeithRIVALS

Memphis East OL-C Bobby Billingsley says his top 6 is #OleMiss #Auburn #Tennessee #ArkansasState #MissState & #Memphis

Sounds like he may commit soon. He said its a 60-80% chance him and Herbert Moore commit to the same school. Moore committed to Ole Miss last night.

VN Store

Back