3 way tie? 4 way tie....

UTWes

If we win out, Bama wins out and Florida loses to Vandy and Kentucky. We all finish 10-6. That would also mean Vandy is 10-6. 4 teams at 10-6. How would that play out for tourny seeding?

Sorry, just saw this discussed in another thread.

It's ok, every thread gets off topic at some point. It's hard to keep up.

For example:

This thread is now about Jarnell Stokes' shoe size.

Discuss.

Reactions: 3 people
It goes to record between the 4 teams which look like this in this scenario:
UT: 3-2
Vandy: 3-2
UF: 2-3
Bama: 1-2
That puts florida 4 and bama 5,
UT then goes to tiebreak with vandy, split season series. Next tiebreak is record against top 4 seeds:
UT:3 wins (Fla twice, Vandy)
Vandy:2 wins (Fla, UT)

UT would receive the 2 seed and Vandy the 3.

Reactions: 5 people
It's ok, every thread gets off topic at some point. It's hard to keep up.

For example:

This thread is now about Jarnell Stokes' shoe size.

Discuss.

bet jarnell got a lot of "His parents should just buy him the shoe BOX!" jokes... poor guy

UT then goes to tiebreak with vandy, split season series. Next tiebreak is record against top 4 seeds:

Nice. That's some great info right there. I had no clue that's how it worked. :hi:

this would put 4 SEC east teams ahead of every west team... i like this new format. West was complaining and now they don't even get a single bye... beggars can't be choosers i guess.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not seeing why we'd be above Vandy based on that. We'd have the 2 wins over UF, but they'd have 1 win over UF and a win over Bama. I would think we'd still be tied, and the tiebreaker would move on to whoever finishes below all of the 10-6 teams. Of course, they should place Bama below the other 10-6s based on strength of schedule (played all of the former West teams twice).

That said, I'd rather UF win a game this week and finish 2nd, because I'd rather be 3rd and play UF in the semis, while UK plays Vandy. That sounds better than being 2nd and playing Vandy in the semis.

this would put 4 SEC east teams ahead of every west team... i like this new format. West was complaining and now they don't even get a single bye... beggars can't be choosers i guess.

They'll be even more mad next year when they don't get the home / aways with all the west teams like they have. The schedule change is what I'm more excited about.

I don't think that's the proper tie break. It's record among tie teams, then If you get to head to head it's head to head. Then record vs #1 team, then if still tied you go to #2 team record and do forth until the tie is broken or you get to team #12. Then commissioner flips a coin.

I'm not seeing why we'd be above Vandy based on that. We'd have the 2 wins over UF, but they'd have 1 win over UF and a win over Bama. I would think we'd still be tied, and the tiebreaker would move on to whoever finishes below all of the 10-6 teams. Of course, they should place Bama below the other 10-6s based on strength of schedule (played all of the former West teams twice).

That said, I'd rather UF win a game this week and finish 2nd, because I'd rather be 3rd and play UF in the semis, while UK plays Vandy. That sounds better than being 2nd and playing Vandy in the semis.

If all 4 are 10-6. Then based on record among tied teams UT and Vandy tied 3-2, Florida 2-3, then Bama 1-2. To break UT Vandy tie, you would go head to head then compare their records to #1 team and on down till you break the tie. H2H- 1-1, vs UK both 0-2, vs Florida UT 2-0, Vandy 1-1. So UT 2nd seed, Vandy 3

i really think all of this will be null and void after wed. night. i just don't think we will be l s u. we played awful on the road against s c and came away with a win, but they are a terrible team and l s u is not that bad. it is hard to win down there. i hope i'm wrong and we pull it out, because i think we will beat vandy on sat.

If all 4 are 10-6. Then based on record among tied teams UT and Vandy tied 3-2, Florida 2-3, then Bama 1-2. To break UT Vandy tie, you would go head to head then compare their records to #1 team and on down till you break the tie. H2H- 1-1, vs UK both 0-2, vs Florida UT 2-0, Vandy 1-1. So UT 2nd seed, Vandy 3

This is the correct process.

First things first win Wednesday.

Also, vandy/Florida play tonight, if Florida does win then there's no chance of a 4 way tie so keep tabs on it. If its a 3 way tie with tenn vandy and bama vandy goes 3, we go 4. Iirc

A bama loss is still the best option IMO.

Last edited:
It appears i have been misinformed, my apologies. Regardless UT has a very legitimate chance at the 2 seed if Vandy can beat Florida tonight.

Taking care of LSU is what has to be done first for this discussion to matter at all. This reminds me of the mindset right before the Bama game.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh, I get it. Winning %. Florida's 2-3 would be .400. Bama's 1-2 would be .333.

Also, vandy/Florida play tonight, if Florida does win then there's no chance of a 4 way tie so keep tabs on it. If its a 3 way tie with tenn vandy and bama vandy goes 3, we go 4. Iirc

If Vandy loses tonight, there can be no 3 way tie at 10-6. UT and Vandy would both be 9-6 and play each other Saturday. UT loses a 2 way tiebreak with Bama and would be 4th.

Taking care of LSU is what has to be done first for this discussion to matter at all. This reminds me of the mindset right before the Bama game.

No kidding, and our realistic odds of winning at LSU are probably below 50%. Drop that game, and we may be better off sliding all the way to the 6 seed.

So no chance of either FL or TN getting the 2 and 3 unless Bama loses?

I'd rather face FL than Vandy after just playing them this Sat.

i really think all of this will be null and void after wed. night. i just don't think we will be l s u. we played awful on the road against s c and came away with a win, but they are a terrible team and l s u is not that bad. it is hard to win down there. i hope i'm wrong and we pull it out, because i think we will beat vandy on sat.

Ok fine, a 6 seed is actually better than a 4 or 5 bc we wouldn't see uk in the semis

Nvm I see what you did.

Assuming we take care of business, that is a huge assumption, I think Vandy beating Florida was the only other game that may not play out in this scenario and Vandy did their part last night. Crazy to think we could finish 2nd in the SEC and not make the tourny? Austin Peay was a killer to RPI, all those close SEC games we could have won against Georgia, Miss St., Kentucky, dang.

VN Store

Back