'14 AL RB Racean Thomas

This guy may end up as the best player in Alabama. He was Allan Carson's teammate. He's been starting since his freshman year and is a big time back.

SN: I'm not putting up any links. Lol

Looks like the teams he is considering is Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Louisville, and LSU. I'd say Alabama and Auburn are the early teams to beat.

We could start seeing more guys like this on our radar with a successful 2012. Hope the Mayans are wrong....

Reactions: 1 person
It'll be flash on our radar if Saban is still at Bama. This boy will be one of the top backs in the country. He loves the spin move but he's a very good young talent. Nickname is "Rock".

It'll be flash on our radar if Saban is still at Bama. This boy will be one of the top backs in the country. He loves the spin move but he's a very good young talent. Nickname is "Rock".

Understand, but hope we can start giving these kids something to think about....

Understand, but hope we can start giving these kids something to think about....

No doubt some of our best players were from Alabama. We've got to start back digging into this state. We play football down here and the last 3 national championships have been built on in state talent.

yeah the kid is from my area, definitely a very good one. crazy thing is he will probably be the 2nd best back in the state for 2014. the top spot will be Bo Scarborough, who was named to the class of 2014 All-American team.

yeah the kid is from my area, definitely a very good one. crazy thing is he will probably be the 2nd best back in the state for 2014. the top spot will be Bo Scarborough, who was named to the class of 2014 All-American team.

You from around Oxford? I'm going to try and see Rock a few times this year. He's worth the drive.

You from around Oxford? I'm going to try and see Rock a few times this year. He's worth the drive.

yeah i live in anniston. which of course is next door. lol.

Ulric Jones is another very good one on that team.

Last edited:
yeah i live in anniston. which of course is next door. lol.

Ulric Jones is another very good one on that team.

Anniston was pretty good when my cousins the Cook boys were playing up there. One of them(Mike Cook) signed a schollie to play WR for the Vols. Then he left after his freshman year(got hurt) and joined the military.

Anniston was pretty good when my cousins the Cook boys were playing up there. One of them(Mike Cook) signed a schollie to play WR for the Vols. Then he left after his freshman year(got hurt) and joined the military.

i didnt go to school there, but they did have some very good teams in the early 90's. the school is no where near as big as it use to be, went from 6A to barely 4A now. Oxford is the biggest school in the area now.

Visiting UT on Thursday per Andrew Bone.

a good scenario for UT regarding Rock would be if Bama gets Fournette. Scarbrough says he favors UGA, and thats because UA wants him to possibly play WR, so it might not affect the RB spot one way or another.

I watched him play twice last year and fully plan to watch him play this year too. Kid has great speed, I fully expect him to be one of the top players in Alabama if not the best.

I watched him play twice last year and fully plan to watch him play this year too. Kid has great speed, I fully expect him to be one of the top players in Alabama if not the best.

yeah he will be one of the top 4 no doubt , with Humphrey, Scarbrough, and Tre Williams

I'm coming up for a game or two. I first saw him when I was looking for Alan Carson. Rock was a man back then. I really hope we can get in on this kid.

I'm coming up for a game or two. I first saw him when I was looking for Alan Carson. Rock was a man back then. I really hope we can get in on this kid.

if LSU gets Fournette, then im sure bama will push for him. think LSU and AU could play a part too.

None of these teams are of my concern. The Vols need to be able to beat all of these teams for a top player. Not sit back and hope they don't want him.

yeah i agree they need to get on him early. he will be a tough pull, his father wants him to take his time and weigh all options, so depth chart could come into play which should help a team like UT

here is a lil something from him
"I have nine offers right now," said Racean Thomas. "I know I have offers from Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, Florida and UCLA. I'd say the schools coming after me the hardest are Alabama and Auburn.

"I really don't have any plans yet for this month. I may go down to LSU or somewhere else. I only camped at Alabama and Auburn last month."

Thomas prefers staying close to home when considering his options. He doesn't plan to drag out the recruiting process.

"The schools standing out to me are pretty much the ones who are in range of my home," he said. "I want my family to be able to come to my games. I don't think I will wait until signing day to make a decision. It will just depend on how I feel and once I really like a certain school."

Thomas discussed several important factors which will play a role in determining his college choice.

"Obviously being close to home is important," he said. "I want to go somewhere I have a good relationship with the coaches. I want to go somewhere with a good environment.

"Right now depth chart is not a concern for me. I know I have a lot of work to do myself. You never know though. It might become a bigger part once I become a senior."

“My top group, not in order, would be LSU, Bama, Tennessee, and Auburn. I’d throw Clemson in there too"

VN Store

Back