5 reasons USC is the most important game on our remaining schedule.

first sentence...:D

GO VOLS...BEAT GAMECOCKS!

First sentence says we can win if KC starts. You don't think its possible to win if KC starts?

I don't know. I read all the comments in every thread concerning the QB position. I see a lot that seem to want one or the other just to be right. I also read a lot of good points made for each.

Again, I trust that Pruitt will make the right decision, and for all I know, there wasn't a decision to even make. But from the comfort of my couch, I think if JG is soar and not 100%, this is a good time to start a fresh KC and see what happens.

Because SC isn’t very good and they’re beatable. If UT can win at Auburn, no way they can’t win v SC.
There’s absolutely a way. Teams that get obliterated by Alabama usually lose the next week. Especially to a team coming off a bye week, in a night game, playing in a very difficult atmosphere, which Columbia SCar certainly is.

It's the most important game because it's the next game. Even the most vigorous pumper is reconciled to the fact that the team is relearning how to play football, so weekly incremental (miniscule) gains are all fans have to be savor. Good times.

There’s absolutely a way. Teams that get obliterated by Alabama usually lose the next week. Especially to a team coming off a bye week, in a night game, playing in a very difficult atmosphere, which Columbia SCar certainly is.
Might want to check your stats friendo. I'll give you a hint: 6-1.

Well, that’s complete crap. Auburn game and a national offensive player of the week says howdy.

I’m not discounting that game one bit. I’m just saying if JG isn’t 100% we should probably start KC. Muschamp will bring all types of blitzes and JG will get killed if he’s not careful.

SC is an average team, average coaching staff, and their home environment is good, but no where near as tough as other places in the SEC, including Auburn. This is a winnable game and you should expect to win.

If I were to add a sixth reason this game is the most important game left on our schedule-

#6 . If I were to rank the toughness of the last five games on our schedule from hardest to easiest

1. Missouri - We honestly don't match up well with them. They occasionally have a choke game or two thrown in, but when they don't choke, they are very West Virginia-esque.
2. Kentucky- A tougher defense than they are getting credit for, but if you can stop the run and get a little pressure on their QB, you can keep them off the scoreboard at least. Easier said than done as it's only happened once this season.
3. South Carolina- it's on the road, it's a coach we haven't beaten yet, they are coming off of a bye week, we are shaking off a bad loss... Plus you don't know which Jake Bentley will show up, but he should have confidence as he's rocked our potatoes for two years in a row.
4. Vanderbilt- It's on the road, and they gave Florida a good run for their money before falling apart at the end.
5. Charlotte- If all else fails, there shouldn't be a way to lose this game. Even if we play third string guys the whole game.

With that order in mind.. we are 3-4. We gotta win three of these games in order to get the extra football practices associated with a bowl game. We desperately need the extra practices, and we could desperately use a bowl game to give us one last boost headed into the final weeks of recruiting. Losing to South Carolina means we have to beat someone tougher than them to get to a bowl game, and our only "get well" game is the Charlotte game after this one. Getting to our last three games at 5-4 mentally is a lot better than being 4-5
I agree despite what the FPI numbers say. I tend to be long winded and tried to keep this list concise, or I might have added some of your points. If we can win USC I think it opens up a lot opportunity and confidence wise.

I may have missed it somewhere but Pruitt has never been on a coaching staff that has lost to Muschamp. Sort of evens out, no?
We can only hope.
Winning there at night after their bye week woukd be huge for us in recruiting and on getting to a bowl game.

The fact it is a night game should help since everyone knows cocks have an easier time getting up in the morning.

Reactions: Weezer

VN Store

Back