Friction at Ohio State?

Funny how covering up an abuse scandal didn’t cause any friction with the fans or university, but losing by 30 to an unranked team will.
Hysterical isn't it? The good news for them is when they fire Meyer they have a great coach in waiting with Schiano. Lol

This about to be good.

Last edited:
I hate Michigan....go Wolverines, crush the Buckeyes. That will end it for Urby.
Heck an upset by Nebraska would end it as well.

When that whole Zach Smith thing broke I remember some speculating that unless Ohio St had a truly great season (i.e., winning the national title) Urban might leave. He got to keep his job, but I'm sure he is still seething from the suspension and the general criticism that he received. There is not a doubt in my mind he thinks he did nothing wrong and was done wrong by the University.

A blowout loss to a perennial bottom-feeder is just gas on the fire.

When that whole Zach Smith thing broke I remember some speculating that unless Ohio St had a truly great season (i.e., winning the national title) Urban might leave. He got to keep his job, but I'm sure he is still seething from the suspension and the general criticism that he received. There is not a doubt in my mind he thinks he did nothing wrong and was done wrong by the University.

A blowout loss to a perennial bottom-feeder is just gas on the fire.
Report: Mounting 'Friction' and Tension Building Between Urban Meyer, Ohio State

Herbstreit's comments are notable after Meyer collapsed on the sideline during an Oct. 6 victory over Indiana, per Steve Helwagen of 247Sports. The head coach pointed to a headache he suffered during the game as the cause.

The Buckeyes were also the center of attention in the college football world this past offseason, as there was a lengthy investigation into domestic violence allegations against former assistant coach Zach Smith and how Meyer and others handled those allegations.

As a result, Ohio State ultimately suspended Meyer for the season's first three games.

After the Purdue loss, Patrick Mayhorn of SB Nation wrote, "Ohio State had the chance to fix their biggest problem in August, and chose to suspend it for three games instead."

Mayhorn pointed to lackluster performances from assistant coaches Meyer has recently hired, including offensive line coach Greg Studrawa, linebacker coach Bill Davis and defensive coordinator Greg Schiano.

"Studrawa—who was hired because he and Urban Meyer had been longtime friends—has been out of his element for three years," Mayhorn wrote, while Davis—the best man at Meyer's wedding—has struggled to coach an impactful linebacker group. Mayhorn added that Schiano "was once again out-schemed by the opposing offensive coaches."
Lol

If Urban gets fired and they pass over Schiano, I hope twitter explodes and puts on blast every media personality and reporter that ridiculed us.
Some people already pointed that out when they passed over Schiano for interim when Urban was suspended, but you're right, I'd love to see it again. You have to tie your brain up in knots to argue that Schiano would have been a great hire for Tennessee and Tennessee fans are crazy for not wanting him then praise Ohio St for passing on him.

Some people already pointed that out when they passed over Schiano for interim when Urban was suspended, but you're right, I'd love to see it again. You have to tie your brain up in knots to argue that Schiano would have been a great hire for Tennessee and Tennessee fans are crazy for not wanting him then praise Ohio St for passing on him.

The argument against the interim to UT fans was that given the nature of the allegations Schiano would be a bad move to interim because the UT fanbase tarnished his name from the PSU stuff....ie...he isn't a bad guy, but UT made him one.

Impressively stupid, I know.

This would be straight football though. If Schiano is really the awesome HC everybody says he was, then he should be the no brainer pick according to the propaganda spouted by those who ridiculed us. The hypocrisy here will be delicious.

People on the CFB subreddit still tried to argue that Schiano was a bad hire for OSU but a good hire for UT....because they're OSU and we're UT. In other words, we should be happy with a washed-up has-been who was never that great of a coach to begin with, but OSU deserves someone better.

Reactions: VolNExile
Watch for the inevitable "Meyer health problems" titles increasing as a precursor to another "retirement". Hey, Florida is ranked 9 in the AP poll, and OS is 11. If you told me before the season that UF will rank higher than Ohio State at any point during the season, I would have called you delusional. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Prob shouldn't have run off Tressell.

Schiano may be a good fit to go back to Rutgers.

VN Store

Back