Best 1 loss team

Love it when Vols start cheering Georgia just to feel like they have a leg up. How about you worry about not losing to UF 93% of the time? I really think UT can do it, just not with your current coach. Stop trying so hard to emulate Bama and go back to 90s Vols. SMH.

Also you realize that even McElwain beat Kirby's Georgia just two years ago? Let that sink in. Mullen will dial it in. Maybe this year or next year. Will see. But we sure have a much better chance going in against Georgia than UT does against Alabama this week.
You Florida fans just can’t help but embellish can you? 93%. That’s a good one. It’s only 92.857% so suck on that!

Love it when Vols start cheering Georgia just to feel like they have a leg up. How about you worry about not losing to UF 93% of the time? I really think UT can do it, just not with your current coach. Stop trying so hard to emulate Bama and go back to 90s Vols. SMH.

Also you realize that even McElwain beat Kirby's Georgia just two years ago?
Let that sink in. Mullen will dial it in. Maybe this year or next year. Will see. But we sure have a much better chance going in against Georgia than UT does against Alabama this week.
So did Butch Jones

Reactions: TrentVol and Behr
Right now probably Georgia and LSU with the nod going to LSU. Take FL off the list same with TX.

And no I'm not ready to suggest my Ducks belong on the list just yet. But I'm liking what I'm seeing now that we no longer have that interim coach that sat in last year.

Right now probably Georgia and LSU with the nod going to LSU. Take FL off the list same with TX.

And no I'm not ready to suggest my Ducks belong on the list just yet. But I'm liking what I'm seeing now that we no longer have that interim coach that sat in last year.
I've been very impressed with Oregon so far. You guys look to easily be the best team in the PAC 12. If you can get past the air raid on Saturday, you should have smooth sailing to the PAC 12 CG.

Yeah, I'm hesitant to say it's LSU for the simple fact that we beat 'em. I still fear we're a Franks meltdown away from going to the TaxSlayer Bowl instead of the Outback or Citrus.

But as far as 1-loss teams go, it's either LSU or Michigan...heck, it might be UGA. The logic you applied to LSU losing to us also applies to UGA losing at Death Valley.

Felipe is gonna Felipe.

He has always been unable to transition effectively to a secondary receiver and that is not going to change. What has gotten better is that Mullen & Co. has coached them up to the point that if the pass target is not open, then Felipe is going to hand it off. This also helps with the fact that our offensive line is average, at best, and so Felipe is not tempted to try to make a read once the ball is snapped.

I read on Swampgas about how much FF has improved. No. He has always had a strong arm. That has never been the issue. Its his football smarts when the pass rush is on that is the problem. And what has gotten better is the play scheming, the coaching, to deal with that.

Reactions: Gatornator
I've been very impressed with Oregon so far. You guys look to easily be the best team in the PAC 12. If you can get past the air raid on Saturday, you should have smooth sailing to the PAC 12 CG.

WSU has been tough on the Ducks the last couple years. Game is in Pulman and that's never fun. At least the weather is going to be ok. No snow and freezing winds this time. Leach and his air raid offense are scary to defend consistently. And yes the schedule looks accommodating after Saturday. Utah at Utah will be a tough game.

Still Oregon's schedule this year is just too weak to get much consideration for a national championship. Wish Texas A&M hadn't pulled out of the 2018 schedule. That would have helped the strength of schedule a lot.

UM is 9th in scoring defense, LSU is 17th
Um is #2 in total defense, LSU 33rd
UM is 27th in 3rd down defense, LSU 38
UM is #15 in run defense, LSU 26
UM is #5 in pass efficiency defense, LSU 14

UM #23 in scoring offense, LSU not in the top 50
neither are in the top 50 in total offense
UM is #13 in 3rd down offense, LSU not in the top 50
UM is #28 in rushing offense, LSU 37
neither is in the top 50 in passing offense

UM lost to Notre Dame, who is a darn good team. LSU lost to florida. Granted, their schedule has been softer than LSU so far, and maybe overall. SEC is just better than the Big 10. I haven't dug into the opposition's numbers in these categories. Both are really REALLY good though.

I picked Michigan initially because I’m still in denial over our 6-1 record, and I feel like Michigan’s loss to ND is a “better” loss than LSU losing to us.

And Michigan smoked Wisconsin last week.

UM lost to Notre Dame, who is a darn good team. LSU lost to florida. Granted, their schedule has been softer than LSU so far, and maybe overall. SEC is just better than the Big 10. I haven't dug into the opposition's numbers in these categories. Both are really REALLY good though.
Michigan's schedule is trash so reading much into national statistics is futile. They lost to the only team they've played to date. The schedule gets better going forward. When they get through that you might have a argument.

I picked Michigan initially because I’m still in denial over our 6-1 record, and I feel like Michigan’s loss to ND is a “better” loss than LSU losing to us.

And Michigan smoked Wisconsin last week.

Could see UF beating UGA.

Better than expected, improved since UK and UGA just doesn't look the same as talented as they are.

Am I looking at ND's schedule correctly and seeing that to date they will play only 1 ranked team unless someone cracks the top 25?

LSU had jumped out to some early big leads on some pretty good teams, so I think stats are a little skewed as far as LSU to a degree. Burrow's stats won't blow anyone's socks off, but he is has looked really good at times and can do a little bit of everything.

- Sometimes the defense plays dominate, other times they let a team march down the field like the D is made of butter (usually happens at least once a game).
- Sometimes the offense plays well in the passing game, sometime it plays well in the ground game, but other times they stop themselves.
- Kicking game is back for sure, this is a huge advantage for LSU.
- Coaching staff to me has been doing a great job.... its very apparent the coaching staff is a huge positive.
- Where is LSU weak.... well... there are some good players especially on defense... but if anyone of about 5 defensive starters gets injured... the drop off in quality imo is very drastic.... if they lose Greedy, White, Lawrence, or Fehoko… there really is no replacements. On offense its the exact opposite... they can lose quite a few players and I doubt the offense changes much other than if it was Burrow. LSU's personnel is not quite where it needs to be imo to get to the next level.

I think LSU can probably play with just about anyone as long as there are no more injuries and limit turnovers. But all this talk of LSU will probably end in the next few weeks as I don't see them winning against both Bama and Miss State.... I just don't think the personnel is there quite yet.

The good news for LSU fans.... is all these guys should be coming back other than Greedy and White (they declare), so 17/18 of the 21 starters should be returning and like 35 of the top 40 players should be back..... not sure that has ever happened in modern times at LSU. The window for LSU is most probably 2019-2020.

Michigan looked pretty solid, I barely watch football anymore, but I caught the second half of the Michigan this last week. Not sure about impressive, but very solid for sure.

I just don't see LSU doing it... meaning beating Bama twice and maybe beating Georgia twice.

Last edited:
Could see UF beating UGA.

Better than expected, improved since UK and UGA just doesn't look the same as talented as they are.
Fla fan texted me after UGA lost upset, he said LSU loss just woke Ga up, he was hoping Ga would sleepwalk into Jax, after they lost last year, next two games was 80-10 and 108-17 if you include the SECCG

Fla fan texted me after UGA lost upset, he said LSU loss just woke Ga up, he was hoping Ga would sleepwalk into Jax, after they lost last year, next two games was 80-10 and 108-17 if you include the SECCG
It may very well do that.

Could also have casted some doubts as well given how it played out.

I think UF has played well enough on their own to get UGAs attention regardless. If Franks doesnt revert back it should be a game.

VN Store

Back