Tennessee Senate Race

I was one of hundreds in line today asked to show my state issued drivers license.

No one seemed to have a problem with it. Weird.

Obviously you don't live in a liberal state where they bus the illegals to the polling stations and tell them what dead person they used to be.

Reactions: AirVol
Country Star John Rich Says He’s Voting for Marsha Blackburn

Country music star John Rich tweeted support for Republican Marsha Blackburn on Thursday and made clear he was headed to the poll to vote for her.

Rich indicated that music legends Lee Greenwood, Larry Gatlin, and TG Sheppard would be voting for her as well, as would author Brad Thor and financial guru Dave Ramsey.

Country Star John Rich Says He’s Voting for Marsha Blackburn

Country music star John Rich tweeted support for Republican Marsha Blackburn on Thursday and made clear he was headed to the poll to vote for her.

Rich indicated that music legends Lee Greenwood, Larry Gatlin, and TG Sheppard would be voting for her as well, as would author Brad Thor and financial guru Dave Ramsey.

Celebrities should keep their opinions to themselves when it comes to politics and policy. They're modern bards.They are here to entertain.

Bredeson likes to paint himself as a middle of the road moderate, but at this point, why be a D if you are a moderate? Your party is run by the NY and California left wing of the party. I'd respect it more if he ran as an independent. But you can't tell generally conservative folks in Tennessee that you hold their values when the values of your party go against the values of your constituency.

I voted today. Very small county. Under 13000 total residents. The election commissioner told me that 198 people voted yesterday and she said I was #204 for today. And when I left there were people starting to line up in the hallway. My county voted Red nationally in 2016, and mixed locally. No local votes on our ballot today.

Reactions: VolStrom and 37L1
More civility: Death threats, Bullying Against Owner of Restaurant Rented by Marsha Blackburn's Campaign

Bullying, on camera and in public, is the best way to humanize a politician.

It doesn’t matter how arrogant or out of touch they have been during their time in office. The moment a mob shows up at a restaurant to drive them out, most look past the politics and empathize with the person who is having their dinner ruined.

Normal people react this way, because normal people don’t like bullies. The far left, however, remains unclear on the concept. Consider what just happened to Rep. Marsha Blackburn, who is running for Senate in Tennessee. She recently booked a meeting place at a family-style diner in suburban Mt. Juliet, about 20 minutes east of Nashville. The owner, a man named Tom Courtney, didn’t think twice about renting the dining room — that is, until he and his staff started getting death threats.

“I was called a Nazi sympathizer of all things,” Courtney told The Wilson Post, a local newspaper. “It’s hurt my business, my staff, me, and my family," he said. "I’ve never seen grown people, or whoever is hidden behind the screens, act in such a manner. I have partners.”

This had an effect in real time. The owner was undecided before the incident. Afterwards, the businessman told the local paper that he can’t vote for anyone except Blackburn.

“I’m one who votes for the person, not the party,” he said. “But with everyone saying they are going to boycott my restaurant because Marsha came here to treat my employees and customers, I can’t even fathom people like that.”

As they watch the Left's escalating tactics of public intimidation, a lot of voters in a lot of states might be thinking the same thing right now, and that might be part of the reason polls are starting to show a weakening of the Democrats' expected election wave.

More civility: Death threats, bullying against owner of restaurant rented by Marsha Blackburn's campaign

Reactions: nuclearjunky
I don’t get the Bredesen hate. Very good governor. I don’t care what letter he had next to his name. And lots on this board say he will just fall in line with Schumer bc he says they are friends. You know who else used to claim to be friends with Chucky? That’s Trump. He wasn’t beholden to the party as a governor and I don’t think his age will allow him to go for a second round.

Reactions: MercyPercy
Been going to NSB since 1983. Have missed one or two years. Don't own a place down there yet. Have paid for one though.

We go twice a year and usually stay in the same beach house. Not crowded, food and old town atmosphere is great.

VN Store

Back