Would we still want him after what we’ve seen?

Now sitting at 1-6. Bad thing for them is buyout would be huge! They would have to wait until at least year 3 or 4 to consider firing him if his vision doesn’t work.

Amen

It’s hard to find a good pass rusher seriously what a dick
A lot of reports out there that this wasn’t Gruden fault. A certain percent of guaranteed money is owed by the organization to the league office the moment the contract is signed. Davis is the least wealthy owner. And they already have tons of cash tied up in guaranteed money in their QB. Long story short: Davis didn’t have the cash for Mack’s guaranteed money due to the NFL. And the shot at the end of the article about Davis having enough cash for Grudens guarantee isn’t applicable. A percentage of the coaches guaranteed money does not have to be sent to the league bc the players collectively bargained this in their CBA.

Someone Wants Us to Believe Khalil Mack's Trade Was Due to a Mark Davis Cash Flow Issue

Even if that’s the case he is under achieving. I had the belief that the Raiders were pretty much a playoff ready team. Good qb, star receiver with a new veteran slot wr, beast mode, decent defense! They have gotten worse since Gruden arrived. Care is struggling in a major way, and Gruden blames everything on his players and doesn’t put anything on himself.

Even if that’s the case he is under achieving. I had the belief that the Raiders were pretty much a playoff ready team. Good qb, star receiver with a new veteran slot wr, beast mode, decent defense! They have gotten worse since Gruden arrived. Care is struggling in a major way, and Gruden blames everything on his players and doesn’t put anything on himself.
I wouldn't underestimate the impact the Khalil Mack situation had on the chemistry of the team.

I disagree with this. He wouldn't have had to leave his desk to pull recruits.

As for what's going on in Oakland I have no idea but aren't we going to hive him a few years? Do we expect him to come straight in and go undefeated?
why? he is facing actual superstars who know their job. he isn't going to out recruit any of the big boys sitting behind a desk.

he maybe did 2 years of recruiting like 30 years ago. has no college connections, no high school connections.

would Bill Cowher or Gary Kubiak draw that much attention from kids after sitting for 10 years? you are living in fantasy land if you think we could recruit at an SEC level with Gruden.

why? he is facing actual superstars who know their job. he isn't going to out recruit any of the big boys sitting behind a desk.

he maybe did 2 years of recruiting like 30 years ago. has no college connections, no high school connections.

would Bill Cowher or Gary Kubiak draw that much attention from kids after sitting for 10 years? you are living in fantasy land if you think we could recruit at an SEC level with Gruden.
I have to disagree here. Grudens names alone would bring in big names. Just like Jim Harbaughs did, and even same when Nicky went Alabama( I know he had prior college stints at LSU)

I have to disagree here. Grudens names alone would bring in big names. Just like Jim Harbaughs did, and even same when Nicky went Alabama( I know he had prior college stints at LSU)

Harbaugh had previous college success at Stanford. I dont think Grudens name alone would attract the recruits like you think. He has been out of coaching for close to a decade. Remember, he would be a rookie HC when it comes to recruiting.

Saban had a college ring before Bama. Gruden doesn't.
Harbaugh had a lot of previous success at the college level. Gruden doesn't. Harbaugh was an actual alum & player of the school, and did pretty good there when he was there. Gruden doesn't have that. Harbaugh went straight from NFL coaching, where he had some success, strait to coaching at Michigan. Gruden has sat on the sidelines for 10 plus years.

outside of UT Gruden isn't a big name. I live in Atlanta. deal with fans from all over the country. No one cares about Gruden, except to laugh at us.

VN Store

Back