LV 2019 Recruiting Thread

You remember in "The Blindside" that CPF was not the first to recruit the player...He was simply the most important coach to show up, in the mind of the player. This is still the Tennessee Lady Vols and there are players in HS who grew up with our dominance and will work to rebuild it. They want to represent what we still are.

They wait on us, is why we can, wait on them.

Jaz Massengill was wanna of those players who was offered later and that was what she waiting on

Reactions: Ladyvolfan4ever
Mississsippi State University:

October 6, 2018: With Vic Schaefer awaiting word on whether transfer center Promise Taylor would be eligible for 2018-19, another of the centers on his roster, Daphane White, has reportedly transferred out, electing to join the Mississippi Gulf Coast CC team. White was ranked #45 in the 2018 class, per espnW. This development, plus the transfer of junior forward Jonika Garvin to Palm Beach Atlantic University (D-II), opens up additional room for the Bulldogs’ 2019 recruiting class.

Reactions: Will83
Mississsippi State University:

October 6, 2018: With Vic Schaefer awaiting word on whether transfer center Promise Taylor would be eligible for 2018-19, another of the centers on his roster, Daphane White, has reportedly transferred out, electing to join the Mississippi Gulf Coast CC team. White was ranked #45 in the 2018 class, per espnW. This development, plus the transfer of junior forward Jonika Garvin to Palm Beach Atlantic University (D-II), opens up additional room for the Bulldogs’ 2019 recruiting class.

Yea they have 10 returning players and 4 commits for the class of 2019 so I think that brings them to 14

A very well written article pro South Carolina but balanced and a thoughtful twitter in the middle.

Definitely more difficult for a youth that did grow up with a favorite school or player. as stated in an earlier threat not waiting for the favorite to offer.

Another player left Mississippi State - Jacaira Allen, top 75 rated player in the 2016 class. That's three for them just this year alone.

Recruits have to see this right? The writing has to be on the wall that the coaching staff mindset is "You are here until we find someone better" I think this speaks volumes to what you are walking into. I'm so thankful that Tennessee honors their word and follows through. Missi. State is in the running for Cooke, Jackson, Davenport, and Rogers still plus they have 4 'commits' for 2019. If these top players select Mississippi State obviously Vic will be telling some of the 4 already committed people, "Nah, sorry we found someone better". Can they do it? Absolutely yes. Is it right? I don't think so and it would be a huge turn-off for me as a parent to let my child be in that environment. Anyways ....

Reactions: mlindsay
Another player left Mississippi State - Jacaira Allen, top 75 rated player in the 2016 class. That's three for them just this year alone.

Recruits have to see this right? The writing has to be on the wall that the coaching staff mindset is "You are here until we find someone better" I think this speaks volumes to what you are walking into. I'm so thankful that Tennessee honors their word and follows through. Missi. State is in the running for Cooke, Jackson, Davenport, and Rogers still plus they have 4 'commits' for 2019. If these top players select Mississippi State obviously Vic will be telling some of the 4 already committed people, "Nah, sorry we found someone better". Can they do it? Absolutely yes. Is it right? I don't think so and it would be a huge turn-off for me as a parent to let my child be in that environment. Anyways ....

I guess your kid wouldn’t be going to Louisville either 😂! They just had another McDonalds All American transfer out. Now this could be to transfer close to home but I think I read that 9 out of there last 17 signees since 2014 left the program that’s about a 50 retentention rate 🤔 UT, SC, ND, heck even Geno have some transfers but nothing like we have seen with some of the “top” programs. Could just be one of those years for some schools but others it seems as this is part of the recruiting tactics. The crazy part is a lot of these kids were talked about as important factors in seasons previews by coaches sooooo I don’t know what happened between now and then to make a kid feel like she needed to transfer?! Ah well we shall see how (if) this plays a role in who we are recruiting.

I guess your kid wouldn’t be going to Louisville either 😂! They just had another McDonalds All American transfer out. Now this could be to transfer close to home but I think I read that 9 out of there last 17 signees since 2014 left the program that’s about a 50 retentention rate 🤔 UT, SC, ND, heck even Geno have some transfers but nothing like we have seen with some of the “top” programs. Could just be one of those years for some schools but others it seems as this is part of the recruiting tactics. The crazy part is a lot of these kids were talked about as important factors in seasons previews by coaches sooooo I don’t know what happened between now and then to make a kid feel like she needed to transfer?! Ah well we shall see how (if) this plays a role in who we are recruiting.[/QUOTE

Will be interesting how it shakes out with Cooke, Jackson and Rogers. I think we get one and South Carolina gets one and possibly Mississippi state.

NC state and Georgia may be the up and coming programs with the improved recruiting and excellent head coach.

I'm afraid Allen leaving MS State makes room for Jackson and Cooke.

If it makes you feel better with their current underclassmen and commits Jackson and Cooke would put them at 15. That would leave Rogers the odd woman out then. They also have 4 perimeter commits in the 19’ class.

Reactions: mcannon1
Jackson would be a great backup for Rennia Davis. The potential to start at osu or rutgers is appealing but so is getting adjusted to college as a key backup.

I think she goes to South Carolina or UT

Allen leaving has nothing to do with recruiting or Jackson or Cooke. She was not going to play much of a role on the team this year or going forward even if they don't bring anyone else in. Vic always has a large roster with kids who aren't going to get much playing time, so there are going to be transfers from some kids who want to play. And like mtsuraider said, Jackson and Cooke aren't going to MSU anyway.

Allen leaving has nothing to do with recruiting or Jackson or Cooke. She was not going to play much of a role on the team this year or going forward even if they don't bring anyone else in. Vic always has a large roster with kids who aren't going to get much playing time, so there are going to be transfers from some kids who want to play. And like mtsuraider said, Jackson and Cooke aren't going to MSU anyway.

I don’t know how much she would have played on a team that lost 4 perimeter players they have to replace AND have some subs. Allen redshirted last year due to an injury so she would be a junior academically and would have been around the system for 2 years already. She played in 20 games as a freshman (about 6 min per game).

Look at our situation with KK only played in 16 games and only 8 min per game. Can we say she doesn’t factor in to a team that obviously lost experience in that position?

I don’t know how much she would have played on a team that lost 4 perimeter players they have to replace AND have some subs. Allen redshirted last year due to an injury so she would be a junior academically and would have been around the system for 2 years already. She played in 20 games as a freshman (about 6 min per game).

Look at our situation with KK only played in 16 games and only 8 min per game. Can we say she doesn’t factor in to a team that obviously lost experience in that position?

Even though they lost 4 perimeter players, she'd still be behind several other returning players plus some newcomers. Myah Taylor and Jazzmun Holmes and/or Jordan Danberry will be the starting guards and play significant minutes. Andra Espinoza-Hunter might be eligible to play as well. They are still waiting on the NCAA to find that out. They have some other guards too who might be ahead of Allen. I think people will be surprised how good their guard play will be especially by end of year even with all of the losses. Myah Taylor could be a new star in the SEC if she lives up to her potential and talent. She was one the best guards in her class coming out of high school. Very underrated. I know early on a lot of people had her as one of the top 25 or so girls in her class. She kinda slid off the radar later in high school because she really didn't get any exposure. She's VERY good though. Holmes is very capable and an excellent defender. I expect Danberry to have good year, and I also think Chloe Bibby is a big x factor for them. She could have a breakout year.

Last edited:
I totally understand what you’re saying but what I am saying is no one truly knows what is going on behind the scenes. It could just be a coincidence that they are still in the running for 5 elite commits and needed space... or it could just not have been a good fit. In limited time however she did shoot 48% which would seem to be a good start.

Kk has to play to shine, or to "not"...but she has to play!!!...It's been a few seasons,, and I still have no idea what to expect from Kamera Harris.

At least I think she played for us.

Kk has to play to shine, or to "not"...but she has to play!!!...It's been a few seasons,, and I still have no idea what to expect from Kamera Harris.

Yes I agree. My point was how do we know this girl wasn’t going to play. Now, her transferring is a big key however the fact she may not have played much freshman year doesn’t mean anything. With progression or need any player might have to step up.

Not being mean but I do not think KH will ever help us much. Not even sure why she was recruited but don't blame her for wanting to be a LV. JMHO

Now I know how nice and respectful vols fans are. Went into Uconn board to just see what's going on, all they were doing is insulting lady vols and coach. I thought since they're the best they would leave us alone but I guess not.

Now I know how nice and respectful vols fans are. Went into Uconn board to just see what's going on, all they were doing is insulting lady vols and coach. I thought since they're the best they would leave us alone but I guess not.

That’s all they do over there, that’s why I quit visiting that site.

What really sickens me is that there are a couple of “Lady Vol fans” over there that indulge in attacking Holly and the team. Its as if they seek acceptance on the site by agreeing and compounding on what their fans have to say about us!

VN Store

Back