The SEC East is better than the SEC West this year

SalVolinus

Hear me out, but I genuinely think the SEC East is right now the best division in College Football, surpassing the SEC West.

SEC East vs. West (4-4)
#8 Georgia (L vs. LSU) Auburn Remains
#11 Florida (W vs. Miss St) (W vs. LSU)
#14 Kentucky (W vs. Miss St) (L vs. aTm)
South Carolina (L vs. aTm) Ole Miss Remains
Tennessee (W vs. Auburn) Bama Remains
Vanderbilt Ole Miss and Arkansas Remains
Missouri (L vs. Bama) Arkansas Remains

Likely finish : 8-6 vs. SEC West

SEC West vs. East (4-4)
#1 Alabama (W vs. Mizzou) UT Remains
#17 Texas A&M (W vs. KY) (W vs. SC)
#5 LSU (L vs. Florida) (W vs. Georgia)
Ole Miss South Carolina and Vanderbilt Remains
#22 Mississippi State ( L vs. Florida ) (L vs. KY)
Auburn (L vs. UT) Georgia Remains
Arkansas Vanderbilt and Mizzou Remains

Likely finish: 6-8 vs. SEC East

Now I realize this is a small sample size, as we're about half way through the season, but given the current record and the expected outcomes of games to be played, there is a very real possibility the SEC East finishes with a winning record vs. the west this year. I personally think this may be the deepest the SEC has ever been. When you look at how Auburn beat Washington, aTm fought hard against Clemson, Vandy played against ND, and the fact that Ole Miss housed Texas Tech who is likely the Big12's 3rd place team it becomes even more impressive. Tennessee's worst loss of the year right now is the 13th ranked WVU Mountaineers, and we claim a Top 25 win, and we may be 5th-7th in the SEC East.

*Bama is by far the #1 team, and I'm not saying anyone from the east is on that level, but I also don't think the east has anyone on Arkansas' level of bad.

This will be unpopular but the best division may be the Big 10 East (Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State and Maryland). Of course, the Big 10 West is probably worse than the top end of the American Athletic Conference.....

I'll give you Bama and LSU, but question aTm. They're winning, but not playing the best ball in the country..

A&M lost to Bama and Clemson, as would just about any team in the country not named Ohio State.

That said, I think the SEC West is still the best division in CFB.

Reactions: SalVolinus
This will be unpopular but the best division may be the Big 10 East (Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State and Maryland). Of course, the Big 10 West is probably worse than the top end of the American Athletic Conference.....
I thought that before the season started but the Big 10 East didnā€™t look very good out of conference. Mich St struggled against Utah St and lost to Arizona St. I know Utah St is decent but MSU should have handled them at home. Penn St was fortunate not to lose to App St. and now they lost to Mich St. Michigan lost to ND. Granted ND is undefeated and UM has seemingly gotten it together. Then the best team Ohio St struggled with a mid-Big 12 TCU. MD did beat TX though. Itā€™s a good division but the SEC West appears a little stronger based on results to this point. I wouldnā€™t say it is a wide margin though.

Reactions: SalVolinus

Aren't you the guy that trolled about females being the same level athletes as men the other day? Why don't you ever try to provide circumstantial evidence to back up your opinions?

Aside from that, I can get on board with all of the other statements here. Some solid reasoning behind them.

Hear me out, but I genuinely think the SEC East is right now the best division in College Football, surpassing the SEC West.

SEC East vs. West (4-4)
#8 Georgia (L vs. LSU) Auburn Remains
#11 Florida (W vs. Miss St) (W vs. LSU)
#14 Kentucky (W vs. Miss St) (L vs. aTm)
South Carolina (L vs. aTm) Ole Miss Remains
Tennessee (W vs. Auburn) Bama Remains
Vanderbilt Ole Miss and Arkansas Remains
Missouri (L vs. Bama) Arkansas Remains

Likely finish : 8-6 vs. SEC West

SEC West vs. East (4-4)
#1 Alabama (W vs. Mizzou) UT Remains
#17 Texas A&M (W vs. KY) (W vs. SC)
#5 LSU (L vs. Florida) (W vs. Georgia)
Ole Miss South Carolina and Vanderbilt Remains
#22 Mississippi State ( L vs. Florida ) (L vs. KY)
Auburn (L vs. UT) Georgia Remains
Arkansas Vanderbilt and Mizzou Remains

Likely finish: 6-8 vs. SEC East

Now I realize this is a small sample size, as we're about half way through the season, but given the current record and the expected outcomes of games to be played, there is a very real possibility the SEC East finishes with a winning record vs. the west this year. I personally think this may be the deepest the SEC has ever been. When you look at how Auburn beat Washington, aTm fought hard against Clemson, Vandy played against ND, and the fact that Ole Miss housed Texas Tech who is likely the Big12's 3rd place team it becomes even more impressive. Tennessee's worst loss of the year right now is the 13th ranked WVU Mountaineers, and we claim a Top 25 win, and we may be 5th-7th in the SEC East.

*Bama is by far the #1 team, and I'm not saying anyone from the east is on that level, but I also don't think the east has anyone on Arkansas' level of bad.
Arkansas is improving. It wouldnā€™t shock me if they beat Vandy.

Florida beat LSU and Texas A&M barely beat South Carolina, which is probably the 4th best team in the East.
But then LSU whipped the best team in the East and A&M beat KY who beat UF. Thatā€™s why you look at everything in total after the season and try to make a determination with all of the info. Even then it can be tough. One thing is certain though. That gap has closed.

Aren't you the guy that trolled about females being the same level athletes as men the other day? Why don't you ever try to provide circumstantial evidence to back up your opinions?

Aside from that, I can get on board with all of the other statements here. Some solid reasoning behind them.
Sorry, I dont feel the need to argue with folks that wouldn't consider a women as a top athlete for the sole fact that she is a women. If thats what you call a troll, then okay.

As for the east being better than the west. The west as the best team in all of cfb and its not even close. So I guess it just depends on how you want like them up. My guess is we could line then up in a manner to support any argument. If UF is the top team in the east, would they come close to the top team in the west? No.
So who is the best team in the east? UGA, that just lost to 2 best team in the west? Kentucky? Who just lost to the 3-4 best team in the west?
LSU is arguably the 2nd best team in the sec and considered the only team that might give Alabama a game, even after losing to florida, who may or may not be the best team in the east. Texas AM is probably the 3rd best team in the secw and has already beaten one of the teams in consideration for the best team in the sece.
So what we see is the top teams in the sece competing against the 2nd, 3rd and 4th best teams in the west. It could be argued that if those 2 teams were in the east, they would likely be the top team or second best. Even dropping to the 4/5 best teams in the west, in Miss St and Auburn,.they would likely beat most (not all) teams in the east.
So while the gap may be closing the west is still better. Vandy, Tennessee, USC and Mizzu wouldnt likely only lose more games than not to sec west opponents. With only 3 teams left on our div (UGA, UF and UK) two of them have already lost to the either 2/3/4 best team in the west. And in some cases barely win against 3/4/5 best team in the west.

We are talking about the sec right.

Just applying your logic.

Outside of Georgia, the East was garbage last season, and the season before that...and the season before that.

Meanwhile, the West nearly had two teams in the CFB, if not for AU losing its leading rusher.

The West is still superior to the East, but the gap is closing.

yeah they looked great blowing a big lead and losing at home to Ole Miss
At least they got it. That didnā€™t happen when they played North Texas. And I didnā€™t say they are a good team just that they are improving. Vandy isnā€™t very good either so thatā€™s a toss up game.

VN Store

Back