Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the tweet thread I posted. Picture of him last night and sure appeares that he had pine tar on his hat.

Not sure about Barnes forearm, but Kimbrel has that spot on his hat every game. I think someone would have seen Barnes forearm during the game and checked it out.

I consider myself a huge baseball guy but I am not sure what I think about this or even how it helps the pitcher.

It's not pine tar. Pine tar is brown.

It could be Stickum or something like that, but I can't say for sure. Probably worth watching for the Astros, but nobody is getting in trouble because of this clip.

My understanding was that sticky substances are "illegal" more than illegal anyway, if that makes sense. It's against the rules as they are written, but if you make some attempt to hide it then teams aren't going to investigate too closely. The reasons are A) it's fairly common, and that team probably has at least one pitcher who uses it too; and B) nobody wants to get their melon popped because a 101 mph fastball slipped out of the pitcher's hand. Improved control for the pitcher is safer for the hitter.

Reactions: Reaganvol
Theres a post on the other site that mentioned the depth chart that was released today. Anybody know where to see it? Id like to see all our options of the OLine. Particularly center...

So a manager from one of my jobs posted something on Facebook. It says

“It’s been 4376 days 4 ADs and 7 coaches since Tennessee has beaten Alabama”

I’m about to get fired. So want to post “Look here you stupid see you next Thursday. I would typically say math is difficult for you inbred Bama fans but I know for fact you are a bandwagon fan and couldn’t tell me who was the coach before Saban.”

No fan base deserves the inevitable fall from grace that ALL programs experience more.

Alabama Football established 2008

One thing I think is for sure about Pruitt. That dude can call a defense. I think he's legitimately one of the best defensive coaches in CFB, if not the best, on game day. He almost always has his defenses in position to have success throughout the course of a game. Nice to finally have a head coach that actually excels at one side of the ball.

Last edited:
One thing I think is for sure about Pruitt. That dude can call a defense. I think he's legitimately one of the best defensive coaches in CFB, if not the best, on game day. He almost always has his defenses in position to have success throughout the course of a game. Nice to finally have a head coach that actually excels at one side of the ball.

Sankey: Mr. Saban, sir, I know you said not to bother you anymore, but I really need you to consider punishing Davis for his actions.

Saban: Jesus man, part of the deal when I got you this job was that you leave me the eff alone. Why do I need to consider anything?

Sankey: I’m sorry sir but a precedent needs to be set. Obviously if it happens with another player, I will suspend them for a game, but Davis Needs to sit for some time so we don’t look too biased. How about a half?

Saban: How about a snap?

Sankey: what about a series?

Saban: How about I make a series of phone calls and we get ourselves a new commissioner?

Sankey: you know, a snap seems fair

Saban: damn right, now get the hell out of your office, I have to crap

Went fishing today for the first time since July and thought a lot about the game. Had we played that game under the previous administration and were fortunate enough to have a lead in the 4th (highly doubtful), most likely we lose that game on a gut wrenching 4th quarter comeback. We know what would have happened: 3 runs up the middle and punt only to give Auburn plenty of time to steal the game.

Having said that, I would have come in here ready to lay out a bunch of excuses as to why. I would have talked about the injuries. “You know, we didn’t have Abernathy or Flowers playing safety, had they been there, that game winning TD pass probably wouldn’t have been completed,” or, “we lost Kongbo, JJ, and DWA! No way we could expect to beat Auburn after that.” I thought that way because the intern thought that way. He was the first to throw excuses out, and, I admit, led me to think the same way. I’m sure a lot of you would admit the same about yourselves.

But in this game, we won it. Not only did we win it, but we beat them down in all honesty. And we did it without Dobbs, Kamara, Barnett, Malone and others (imagine what Puit could’ve done with that team!) we did it in spite of the injuries we had. In fact, even tho we lost those guys, there was no noticeable drop off. When we lost guys in 2016, the backups got destroyed! But DJ comes in for Kongbo and saves the game with a big sack. The safeties played excellent, Wolf caught a bi pass in the 4th to kill more time.

I don’t even worry about injuries anymore because Pruitt doesn’t. He doesn’t use it as an excuse, and the level of play doesn’t drop off either. Look at what he’s getting out of Paul Bain right now!

He is instilling a winning attutude and a new culture already. This team was flying around yesterday, defense was hitting guys, they played confident the entire game. That was never there last season. It took Kirby until his second season to get Ga not to play soft. That’s already happening here. The culture is being installed before our eyes in one season and dang it, I can’t wait to see what happens next.

I think we sweep November.

So a manager from one of my jobs posted something on Facebook. It says

“It’s been 4376 days 4 ADs and 7 coaches since Tennessee has beaten Alabama”

I’m about to get fired. So want to post “Look here you stupid see you next Thursday. I would typically say math is difficult for you inbred Bama fans but I know for fact you are a bandwagon fan and couldn’t tell me who was the coach before Saban.”

No fan base deserves the inevitable fall from grace that ALL programs experience more.

Alabama Football established 2008

You ain’t got a hair on your sack if you don’t...

Went fishing today for the first time since July and thought a lot about the game. Had we played that game under the previous administration and were fortunate enough to have a lead in the 4th (highly doubtful), most likely we lose that game on a gut wrenching 4th quarter comeback. We know what would have happened: 3 runs up the middle and punt only to give Auburn plenty of time to steal the game.

Having said that, I would have come in here ready to lay out a bunch of excuses as to why. I would have talked about the injuries. “You know, we didn’t have Abernathy or Flowers playing safety, had they been there, that game winning TD pass probably wouldn’t have been completed,” or, “we lost Kongbo, JJ, and DWA! No way we could expect to beat Auburn after that.” I thought that way because the intern thought that way. He was the first to throw excuses out, and, I admit, led me to think the same way. I’m sure a lot of you would admit the same about yourselves.

But in this game, we won it. Not only did we win it, but we beat them down in all honesty. And we did it without Dobbs, Kamara, Barnett, Malone and others (imagine what Puit could’ve done with that team!) we did it in spite of the injuries we had. In fact, even tho we lost those guys, there was no noticeable drop off. When we lost guys in 2016, the backups got destroyed! But DJ comes in for Kongbo and saves the game with a big sack. The safeties played excellent, Wolf caught a bi pass in the 4th to kill more time.

I don’t even worry about injuries anymore because Pruitt doesn’t. He doesn’t use it as an excuse, and the level of play doesn’t drop off either. Look at what he’s getting out of Paul Bain right now!

He is instilling a winning attutude and a new culture already. This team was flying around yesterday, defense was hitting guys, they played confident the entire game. That was never there last season. It took Kirby until his second season to get Ga not to play soft. That’s already happening here. The culture is being installed before our eyes in one season and dang it, I can’t wait to see what happens next.

I think we sweep November.
You didn't catch anything did you

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back