'19 NC RB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee signee)

Bama was probably in his ear to visit them during our main recruiting weekend and then visit us during our 2nd biggest recruiting weekend which is when we play Bama.

Malcolm Butler 0 star. I think we have grown to understand stars dont really matter in the end. Coaches evaluation is the key I believe. Especially our staff we have now. If they can get who They want then I have confidence they will coach them up to their fullest potential.
Most definitely!

Reactions: T Dog
Stars matter. The only reason this argument is even remotely valid is because the recruiting services only give out so many 4 and 5* to players. Of course there are going to be exceptions to the rule. But tell me, how many 0,1 and 2* players are on Bama, OSU or UGA?
If stars really dont matter, you would see teams like Kansas State competing for NCs.
Stars do matter...If your team is loaded with 4*/5* guys, odds are several will pan out. If you only have one 5* and five or six 4* a year, they better all pan out.

Reactions: jacvols and KBVol
Stars do matter...If your team is loaded with 4*/5* guys, odds are several will pan out. If you only have one 5* and five or six 4* a year, they better all pan out.
Yeah yeah but without coaching they gonna be like Richmond. Why the future looks bright cause we have some staff now than can actually develop them 4 and 5 stars.

Stars sometimes matter, but not always. Every year you have overrated and underrated players. The coaches have to do their own evaluations and find the players that best fit their system. I trust the coaches to better understand what they want than an arbitrary rating system made by guys who don't work with these kids day in and day out.

Malcolm Butler 0 star. I think we have grown to understand stars dont really matter in the end. Coaches evaluation is the key I believe. Especially our staff we have now. If they can get who They want then I have confidence they will coach them up to their fullest potential.
Stars absolutely matter for a class overall and over time. No process of evaluation is perfect, but over time, the most talented teams as judged by the recruiting services are the ones winning the most, including championships, both conference and national.

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
Freak, I have a dumb question. I can't see this thread on the recruiting forum main page. Did I ignore it and just don't remember doing it?

Stars matter. The only reason this argument is even remotely valid is because the recruiting services only give out so many 4 and 5* to players. Of course there are going to be exceptions to the rule. But tell me, how many 0,1 and 2* players are on Bama, OSU or UGA?
If stars really dont matter, you would see teams like Kansas State competing for NCs.

I put this together a couple days ago from 247's 2018 updated team roster talent composite rankings. We're #14 in the nation and #6 in the SEC.

ScreenHunter_01 Sep. 23 14.07.gif

More importantly, this is Alabama's starting offensive line:

LT Jonah Williams (JR) 0.9877
LG Lester Collins Sr (SR) 0.9749
OC Ross Pierchbacher (RS SR) 0.9657
RG Alex Leatherwood (SO) 0.9981
RT Jedrick Wills Jr (SO) 0.9831

VN Store

Back