Kavanaugh Confirmation

I'm not saying that THIS particular incident actually happened, but he is making one of his all encompassing statements again. (and we are talking about 15 year old kids) It's a known fact that many date rapes/assaults (attempted or not) go unreported. I hate victim blaming especially coming from the president, and actually thought for a moment he was going to have some class. I should have known better.

And at the same time you are ok with a “ victim “ and the dems hijacking the process demanding that she set the pace and rules by which she we be free to tell her story ?

I'm not saying that THIS particular incident actually happened, but he is making one of his all encompassing statements again. (and we are talking about 15 year old kids) It's a known fact that many date rapes/assaults (attempted or not) go unreported. I hate victim blaming especially coming from the president, and actually thought for a moment he was going to have some class. I should have known better.

Have you been watching MSNBC? Cause I just read Trump's tweet and I see nothing "blaming the victim". If anything, he wants to give her a voice on what happened.

You’re one of the ones arguing that what she did was incorrect and should have been handled differently, not me.

It's not that what she did is wrong. Expecting someone to use this as a reason not vote for someone without providing more information is unrealistic. If she wanted the committee to consider this then she should have sent it to the committee. Further there is a world of difference between saying (as a constituent) don't vote for "x" because I a voter oppose it vs don't vote for "x" because he/she committed a crime against me.

Poor reasoning is continuing to assail her credibility with things like “why didn’t she come forward sooner” in the very thread where someone has already re-posted an unsubstantiated tweet calling her a drunken slut with 64 sexual partners.

It’s not like 80s culture afforded more benefit of the doubt for underage girls who got drunk at unsupervised parties and were groped by rich football players from respectable families.

The reasons why she wouldn’t want to come forward, then or now, are myriad and easily discernible for anybody looking at her situation objectively.

So, you're saying that some stranger would have called her a drunken slut 30 years ago for claiming rape? I'll play your game. I was in high school in the 80s. More than one girl claimed to be raped, or attempted date raped. I don't remember one person vilifying them. One of the girls accused the starting QB on our football team, and I still don't remember her being attacked.

It may have happened the way you say. But that still doesn't show that the response she is getting now would have been the response she got then.

Now, for the glaring part of your reply. In order to counter my argument that the responses would have been different then than now, 30 years later, as a timed part of a political theater, you prove your point by referencing the responses now, 30 years later, when she's part of a timed political stunt.

That's a bold move. It didn't work out for you. But you get points for boldness.

Reactions: Matt2496
Have you been watching MSNBC? Cause I just read Trump's tweet and I see nothing "blaming the victim". If anything, he wants to give her a voice on what happened.

I have no doubt that, if the attack on Dr. Ford was as bad as she says, charges would have been immediately filed with local Law Enforcement Authorities by either her or her loving parents. I ask that she bring those filings forward so that we can learn date, time, and place!

So if there wasn't a report, it never happened? Maybe that is more subjective than it appears to me.

Can you point me to any politicians who've exhibited any class in this situation? It's a complete shizz show

I agree it's a Shizz show right now. Only a few attempt to work together. Like I said, I was surprised and amazed the President was actually acting like an adult in this situation for a change, but I guess he escaped his strait jacket this morning.

So if there wasn't a report, it never happened? Maybe that is more subjective than it appears to me.

Never happened? What? Where does he say or imply that?

And Trump is right. If it was that bad, she should've at least told her parents about it. Even if no one else would believe her, her parents would have. Right?

Also, chances are her parents would've filed it with the police.

I believe that’s subtle pressure , opposite from the media’s constant pressure to side with the “ victim” who once again along with her team of lawyers and handlers are trying to set the rules in her favor .

And Trump is right. If it was that bad, she should've at least told her parents about it. Even if no one else would believe her, her parents would have. Right?

You see it differently than I am able to, but that's not unusual around here.

Reactions: JCP201
I believe that’s subtle pressure , opposite from the media’s constant pressure to side with the “ victim” who once again along with her team of lawyers and handlers are trying to set the rules in her favor .

I'll accept that as a possibility, even a probability.

I do need to qualify that with, in his mind.

I'll accept that as a possibility, even a probability.

I don’t doubt , on this subject , his tweets are thought out and planned by more than himself . One bad tweet and the media will stone him to death and you know they are just waiting with rocks in their hands .

I don’t doubt , on this subject , his tweets are thought out and planned by more than himself . One bad tweet and the media will stone him to death and you know they are just waiting with rocks in their hands .

As long as someone can keep a filter, or a governor on his tweet impulses, he may not blow it all to hell.

Do you understand that date rape does not get reported because they feel like they might have done something wrong? (Edit: Particularly if you are THAT young) I am not saying that this happened to HER, but I am saying it happens. Plus now, Trump did his all inclusive thing again (Mexicans are rapists, Muslims are terrorists, If you are raped or assaulted you will tell authorities or at least your parents, or what? You are lying?)

Do you understand that date rape does not get reported because they feel like they might have done something wrong? (Edit: Particularly if you are THAT young) I am not saying that this happened to HER, but I am saying it happens. Plus now, Trump did his all inclusive thing again (Mexicans are rapists, Muslims are terrorists, If you are raped or assaulted you will tell authorities or at least your parents, or what? You are lying?)
Can you show us where he was wrong about some are rapists ( which they are ) and some are terrorist ( which they are ) and some women lie ...don’t even have to address this one .

Poor reasoning is continuing to assail her credibility with things like “why didn’t she come forward sooner” in the very thread where someone has already re-posted an unsubstantiated tweet calling her a drunken slut with 64 sexual partners.

It’s not like 80s culture afforded more benefit of the doubt for underage girls who got drunk at unsupervised parties and were groped by rich football players from respectable families.

The reasons why she wouldn’t want to come forward, then or now, are myriad and easily discernible for anybody looking at her situation objectively.

Do you believe her accusations are true? What about Kavanaugh's credibility when he says it didn't happen? The fact is, the credibility of both sides is in question because only one is telling the truth. To assume it's Ford simply because she's a woman is ludicrous. And quite honestly, the reason many here are questioning Ford's credibility is due to her own actions. She has not acted as a victim seeking to get her truth out there. She's playing political games, refusing to testify, trying to delay these hearings.

I'm not saying Ford is lying. The truth is, I don't know. But her own actions in this circus have hurt her credibility. And despite what the Dems would have everyone believe, the accusation alone does not make Kavanaugh guilty.

We need an FBI Investigation now!!

What time did this happen: "Don't know"
Where did this happen: "Don't know"
When did this happen: "Don't know"
Is there any proof it happened: "no"

Ok, WTF do you want us to investigate?
Ok, great thanks for coming, now we will be taking the vote

Not what he said but it's certainly how it's been spun.

VN Store

Back