Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion it was the loudest Neyland has ever been. Having been present at most all UF home games and the 2015 OU game, 2004 UF win was still on another level. I remember staying in the student section for a good 30 minutes or more post game just celebrating and singing Rocky Top.

As a Freshman having never been to a UT game prior to that season, I still vividly remember after the game zig-zagging back down from the upper deck shoulder to shoulder with all the thousands of my new best friends and learning the words to what was then a song I had never heard before but it quickly became one of my favorites.... "I said It's Great To Be A TENNESSEE VOL..."

I think they’d really be in trouble if they weren’t doing the 98 reunion/tribute. That’s the only reason I’d consider going.

Felt a ton of excitement in town early in the week but as we’ve gotten closer to the game it seems like it’s died out. I guess it’s just nerves but like you said, there are a ton of tickets left and I’m a little surprised by it.
BVS has took a toll on the fanbase at large..it is inevitable considering the circumstances. The casual fan watched the WVU game, and thinks it is likely that we are going to have it rough Saturday due to the staff turnover, and system changes.

Reactions: ChismsHeadband
The Browns looked like a high school team in the first half with Taylor taking off running every other play. They actually looked like a NFL team in the 2nd half.
We found out the hard way that a Baker Mayfield QB’d team is never out of the game. Good start in the NFL. Rumor was floated that the Patriots were trying to trade up in the draft to nab him but the Browns picked him first overall. Could you imagine?

BVS has took a toll on the fanbase at large..it is inevitable considering the circumstances. The casual fan watched the WVU game, and thinks it is likely that we are going to have it rough Saturday due to the staff turnover, and system changes.
And the Gators ain’t?

It doesn't mean it will happen but if we can't beat Florida we are going to need some major jump to beat the next 4. Then Mizzu, Vandy and Ky are no slouches. We should beat Vandy and Ky still but Mizzu could test our young secondary similar to west va
Why "should" we beat UK and Vandy? Those teams look a lot more solid than us to this point.

I will buy that we "could" beat them.

We found out the hard way that a Baker Mayfield QB’d team is never out of the game. Good start in the NFL. Rumor was floated that the Patriots were trying to trade up in the draft to nab him but the Browns picked him first overall. Could you imagine?
Brady probably forced their hand to not make that trade, eh?

No doubt.

I can either spend $300 on two lower level tickets, another $40 to park, another $30ish to eat or I can stay at home, buy $50 worth of stuff to grill and drink and have the comfort of my own couch. Easy decision for me.
The experience of being in Neyland for a big win is priceless..no game I've ever watched at a bar or at home compares. If I could go this weekend..I definitely would.

The experience of being in Neyland for a big win is priceless..no game I've ever watched at a bar or at home compares. If I could go this weekend..I definitely would.
My daughter was on her recruiting trip to UT for the '98 Florida game. A true once-in-a-lifetime experience.

I've been to a lot of cupcake game wins, but every single big game I've been to we have lost. I'm REALLY hoping to break that streak tomorrow so I can actually experience the feeling of witnessing a big win live, in Neyland. If we lose you can all blame me I guess.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I’m spoiled because we stay with my wife’s family when going to games in Knoxville, but the few times we have gotten a room it’s usually somewhere close but cheap like Crossville.

Staying in Montgomery for the Auburn game for same reason.

The Doubletree in Oak Ridge is a secret weapon of mine. Not outrageous and close to west Knoxville for Friday night dinner.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
And Peyton never beat Florida. Even Great QBs have bad days.

We’ll see how Baker develops. Hard to deny he’s showing promise thus far.

That’s my point lol. There’s no such thing as “it factor”. A player loses and it’s determined they don’t have it. Does Eli Manning have more of a “it” factor than Aaron Rodgers? No.

Geez some of ya'lls family experiences can cost as much as a used car. Kind of outrageous.
Umm...the most it has ever cost me to go to a game at Neyland is 150$, and that was when I lived in Florida. You can sacrifice a lot of extraneous stuff, and find ways to save money by going in with other folks on gas, and not eating extravagantly, and not taking kids or wives that don't really give a crap about football, my son and me usually go and that is it. I just go to experience a game at Neyland with my fellow Vols, not the whole expensive extravagant mini-vaca. You save that for bowl games.

Reactions: T Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back